Football Manager 2012

2bias

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football Manager™ 2012 Special Offer We are delighted to announce that to celebrate the release of the winter transfer update for Football Manager™ 2012 there is a very special offer available for both new and existing players of the game on Steam. Up until Friday 9th March at 6pm (GMT), Football Manager™ 2012 is available on PC & Mac at a special discounted price of just £7.99 to anyone who doesn't own the game. On top of that, if you do already own the game, you can now gift the game to a friend via Steam for the ridiculously low price of just £4.99!

The game will come with the new data update, which includes all transfers and changes to the game from the recent winter transfer window, so there's never been a better time to get either your own or a friend's managerial career started.

This offer is only available from now until Friday 9th March at 6pm GMT.

Right started with new update. Craig Dawson and David Bentley in. Shola out to Wolves.

trying for a left back on loan and then see how we do. Only play one up top so not sure if Ba is going to be on the wing as his stats are pretty good this update. :)

I can't win for shit. Lost 2-0 to Wolves in the first game of the season then just lost 4-3 to Norwich. Doesn't help that Ba is injured but even so - my defence is shocking. Brought in Welbeck and Maxi Rodriguez on loan, Nangis in for the future and Guti on a free for cover. Not going well at all. But my first games on FM never do, so will probably start again after half a season if things don't pick up.

League cup winner in first season. Beat Manchester United with a last minute Coloccini goal. Sitting 5th at the end of February.

Forgot I'd added in a super rich Aberdeen save. So sold Best to them for 5 million in January. But with no real talent up for coming I brought Welbeck in on loan to cover but neither Ba/Cisse left for Africa.

Had to splash 2 million on Livermore to cover injured Tiote and Cabaye who are both out for a two months.

Ba and Cisse taking it turn a bout 18/19 goal this season.

Summer transfers so for

Andy Johnson 5 Million and the same as my pre patch save Jonas to Wolves for the same.

Nathan Clyne in to cover both full back slots

and Danijel Pranjic in for free to add to Astori and Sanogo who came on pre-contracts.

Got 3 million for Perch as well. :)

When did they change it to players under a certain age and two years training with the club don't need to be registered for the champions league? Left blank spaces as thought Clyne and Sanogo would be able to play. :glare:

Top of my group containing Lyon, Ajax and Valencia after three games. Two wins and a draw.

Was sitting top in the league but due to Man City playing an extra game I've been knocked off.

• 2 weeks later...

Started a long term game with Gateshead, hoping to take them to the Champions League eventually!

Halfway through my first season and I'm top of the BSP, Jon Shaw and Phil Airey are scoring for fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Will be done with my final year of uni by the end of next week, going to finally get stuck into this and skyrim again

Will be done with my final year of uni by the end of next week, going to finally get stuck into this and skyrim again

Just started a new game with the latest transfer updates. I'm on nights over the weekend, so I'll let you know ho preposterously good Cisse is, or how wrong they've got him.

3rd season going well, managed CL finishes in both 1 and 2 and on course to do it this time too

considering looking to leave NUFC though as takeover has just completed and the new chairman is clearly a dick

"allowed" me to keep my job after a very good first 2 seasons, promised hed invest 10 mil in the training ground then changed his mind once he was finished taking over. knob

• 3 weeks later...

Any body remember CM 01/02? Haven't been addicted to a football game since that. It was so much fun, the manager games these days have a lot of detail but somehow are not near as much fun as this was. I was wondering if anybody knows a site etc where you can get patches/updates for new players etc for that game. If it there's anything of the sort that is, considering its over a decade old now :lol:

Any body remember CM 01/02? Haven't been addicted to a football game since that. It was so much fun, the manager games these days have a lot of detail but somehow are not near as much fun as this was. I was wondering if anybody knows a site etc where you can get patches/updates for new players etc for that game. If it there's anything of the sort that is, considering its over a decade old now :lol:

I think the way you remember it has something to do with how old you were. I always think 03/04 was the best one ever cause it was one of the ones I had first and we were class on it. I know you could download 01/02 for free at some point recently so I'd guess there will be player packs etc on FM-base or FM scout.

Aye that could be a factor, some things from your childhood always seem so much better dont they.

But I loved that text commentary thing on it, the later games have these fancy engines and what not but they aren't as much fun to me. Also that game had a certain simplicity despite having enough detail to keep you interested and a very very good user interface.

• 3 weeks later...

Won the league (just) in my first season with the Toon. Only major buy was Ruben Rochina, but was otherwise lucky with injuries and Ba/Cisse/Tiote not going to the ACN.

Pre-season I brought in Corluka, Kadlec, Sanogo (on a free) and Goran Pandev in on loan for the season. Got Dzaegov coming in in January for around £15 Million...ouch...

Also got drawn in an absolute group of death in the CL. Madrid, Juventus and CSKA Moscow -_-. Started with a draw away in Moscow, but doubtful I will qualify.

Edited by Nyff

Ive started really taking advantage of "monthly instalments" on FM12, pay for someone over 48 months and you only need the first 12 months worth in your transfer balance, with a side like ours its fairly simple to keep the CL gravy train running season on season.

basically I just like spending more than I really have

its by far the most realistic thing to do, most transfers nowadays are over a period rather than up front cash

we're one of the few clubs to do it the up front way iirc