Football Manager 2012

2bias

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 14! Lol I gotta try this, did you create your own team?

No I never, I haven't got round to playing it yet as I've totally just got the FM bug back and have been playing a game with Newcastle. I was going to start off as somebody like Whitley.

Newcastle United Season 2011/12 Review

Decided that I would do one more Newcastle United game now that the transfer window has shut using the excellent LFC Marshall update.

I decided to make wholesale changes to both playing personnel as well as the coaching staff.

Transfers In

Wesley Said - Rennes

Joel Valencia - Zaragoza

Matthew Urwin - Blackburn

Yaya Sanogo - Auxerre

James Ward-Prowse (never heard of him but 15 year old AM from Southampton with 4.5* potential)

Robbie Cotton - Blackburn

Tobias Figueiredo - Sporting Lisbon

Mathieu Debuchy - Lille

Yassine Benzina - Lyon

Sime Vrsaljko - Dinamo Zagreb

Lucas Digne - Lille

Nathan Redmond - Birmingham (Loaned to feeder club Gent)

Romario - Vitoria (Loaned to feeder club Gent)

Jack Butland - Birmingham (Loaned to feeder club Gent)

Daniel Van Buyten - Loan from Bayern

Transfers Out

Steve Harper - Everton

Mike Williamson - Villa

Dan Gosling - Cardiff

Danny Simpson - Southampton

Haris Vuckic - Man Utd

Gabriel Obertan - Loan to Bolton

Steven Taylor - Loan to Fulham (trying to sell him as with Douglas coming in, also Van Buyten is on a free in the summer and hoping to get him on cheap wages for tutoring purpose)

Of course I've also loaned out loads of the young 'uns as well.

I've also got Douglas and Coutinho joining at the end of the season on a free transfers.

As you can see I'm focusing on youth although I'm looking to bring in a few more older experienced players on free transfers for tutoring purposes, plus I'm going to keep Colo and Jonas for as long as possible for the same reason. One of the things that I want to achieve is to try and get Adam Campbell to actually reach full potential.

I ended up mutually terminating the contracts of all of my staff except Graham Carr, Peter Beardsley (has quite good scouting attributes), Derek Wright (who I have found is often one of the best physios on the game and Dave Watson (youth coach).

Staff Recruitment

Tony Coton - Assistant Manager

Martin Keown - First Team Coach

Eamon Mulvey - First Team Coach

Massimo Bonini - First Team Coach

Tony Whelan - Coach

Phil Cannon - Coach

Andrew Cole - Coach

Billy Stewart - Goalkeeping Coach

Andreas Kopke - Goalkeeping Coach

Paul Winsper - Fitness Coach

Francisco Ayestaran - Fitness Coach

John Owens - Youth Coach

John Murtough - Youth Coach

Tosh Farrell - Youth Coach

Gary Lewin - Physio

John Steel Olsen - Scout

Soren Lerby - Scout

David Friio - Scout

Eduardo Macia - Scout

Pantaelo Corvino - Scout

Ian Bowyer - Scout

Roberto Baggio - Scout

Season Performance

My stock formation for the season has been a 4-2-3-1 which is quite similar to what Pardew was using towards the end of last season and what he should be using this season. (His persistence with 4-4-2 really grates on me) This is with Cisse as the lone front man, with Ba, Cabaye and Ben Arfa all supporting.

I managed to get knocked out of the League Cup in the third round by Chelsea and the Europa League 2nd round off Tottenham. (played a reserve team as my squad was quite heavily hit by injuries so wanted to focus on the league and FA Cup) Managed to the beat QPR in the FA Cup Final (only on penalties mind) which was quite an achievement as both Ben Arfa and Ba picked up injuries so missed the final. So next year I'm back in the wonderful Europa League again. I managed to finish 5th in The Premiership with 72 points. I was ecstatic with that as I had a really really bad start to the season. I was in the relegation zone till the 8th game.

One particular highlight was beating Sunderland 5-0 at the land of the unwashed which saw O'Neill get the sack the day after. They also ended up finishing bottom of the league. :D

Cisse as expected was my top scorer with 49 goals in 40 games in all competitions and 40 goals in 34 league games. :cool:

INJURIES, INJURIES AND MORE INJURIES!!!

One of the reasons I finished sixth was down to injuries as I had a horrendous start to the season as Cabaye, Marveaux and Ben Arfa all most between 3 and 4 months each before Christmas, and with the usual time it takes for formations to gel this is what really cost me consistency wise. Also Adam Campbell missed 5 months of the season which was disappointing as I was going to give him some first team action to try and bring him on.

I also finished the season as Manager of The Year.

Start of January in my second season with Newcastle. Here's how it's going so far.

barclayspremierleagueov.png

I've also qualified from my Europa League group that included both Inter and Anzhi.

Transfers ins and outs.

newcastletransfershisto.png

Oh and -

jonathanbramleynewsinbo.png

jonathanbramleynewsinbo.png

Never seen a player from Newcastle win the World Player of the Year, never thought it was possible tbh. I've had players nearly average 8 and it has always went to someone with a lesser average rating from Barca, Real, A.C etc.

What's wrong with safari on a pc? Streamlined and quick to browse, Firefox is too clumpy and ie is ie. rock melt (at the bottom) is my other browser and is ace. More to the point, Grimsby in the CL, beast of an achievement!

I'm usually the same but this year I couldn't be arsed, my laptops shit enough and I can't just geet the logos, I have to get a skin, backgrounds (every clubs stadium when you click on them :lol:), facepacks et al and my laptop would probably blow up. Definitely risking it for 13 though.

Season Review "Bobby's Way"

Basically the reason for the name is on this save I've tried to do something different. By that I'm focusing on youth and I'm either going to use players brought up for the youth team or by British only players to see how far I can get, and normally I tend to sell the youngsters that start with us such as Streete, Tavernier, Sammy Ameobi etc as I can normally bring in better players for their age with much higher potential.

As normally happens I started out the season quite poorly and conceding a lot of goals, once my team get used to the tactics the results always improve. I've went for a 4-2-3-1 playing inverted wingers and Cabaye as my playmaker playing just off the striker.

Transfers In

Jack Butland

Robbie Cotton

Nathaniel Clyne (bought for £5 million in the January transfer window)

Luke Shaw

Nathan Redmond (bought in January)

Wilfried Zaha

Denny Welbeck on loan (broke his foot so missed the first four months of the season but was a revelation playing as AML for me).

Transfers Out

Tim Krul to Man City. Sold him because I wanted to have Butland starting from the off as I didn't want to stall his development

Demba Ba to Liverpool for £10 million in January as well. He wanted a new contract and I told him no so he put in a transfer request.

I've got Ryan Bertrand, Steven Caulker and Harry Kane joining me when the transfer window re-opens too.

Premier League

As you can see I managed to finish fourth and qualify for the Champions League.

barclayspremierleagueovc.png

Cup Competitions

I played all of my backup players in all of my cup games for them to gain some experience. I got beat in the FA Cup Semi-Final off Spurs and lost to Everton on penalties in the League Cup final. Marseille also beat me 6-1 on aggregate in the Europa League.

Season Review "Bobby's Way"

Basically the reason for the name is on this save I've tried to do something different. By that I'm focusing on youth and I'm either going to use players brought up for the youth team or by British only players to see how far I can get, and normally I tend to sell the youngsters that start with us such as Streete, Tavernier, Sammy Ameobi etc as I can normally bring in better players for their age with much higher potential.

As normally happens I started out the season quite poorly and conceding a lot of goals, once my team get used to the tactics the results always improve. I've went for a 4-2-3-1 playing inverted wingers and Cabaye as my playmaker playing just off the striker.

Transfers In

Jack Butland

Robbie Cotton

Nathaniel Clyne (bought for £5 million in the January transfer window)

Luke Shaw

Nathan Redmond (bought in January)

Wilfried Zaha

Denny Welbeck on loan (broke his foot so missed the first four months of the season but was a revelation playing as AML for me).

Transfers Out

Tim Krul to Man City. Sold him because I wanted to have Butland starting from the off as I didn't want to stall his development

Demba Ba to Liverpool for £10 million in January as well. He wanted a new contract and I told him no so he put in a transfer request.

I've got Ryan Bertrand, Steven Caulker and Harry Kane joining me when the transfer window re-opens too.

Premier League

As you can see I managed to finish fourth and qualify for the Champions League.

barclayspremierleagueovc.png

Cup Competitions

I played all of my backup players in all of my cup games for them to gain some experience. I got beat in the FA Cup Semi-Final off Spurs and lost to Everton on penalties in the League Cup final. Marseille also beat me 6-1 on aggregate in the Europa League.

Might try a game like that.