We perhaps need a left-back

Lazarus

I thought cissokho had a price tag of nearly £20m, that is what lyon stated earlier in some article regarding liverpool... not a price ashley's gonna pay. If we can get him, he's already got quality and still young and developing, he could prove to be as good as Enrique this season. If not, I hope we are playing with other cards aswell, maybe Reto Ziegler, Benoit Tremoulinas, or hot prospect Jordan Spence.

Edited by Aeris

I thought cissokho had a price tag of nearly £20m, that is what lyon stated earlier in some article regarding liverpool... not a price ashley's gonna pay. If we can get him, he's already got quality and still young and developing, he could prove to be as good as Enrique this season. If not, I hope we are playing with other cards aswell, maybe Reto Ziegler, Benoit Tremoulinas, or hot prospect Jordan Spence.

I quite like Ziegler, but he's a bit lightweight for the premiership imo.

'Perhaps' is just political language. Pardew might be a puppet in the sense that he won't resign because the board refuse to back him properly but I think it is wrong to characterise him as just an extension of llambias and ashley. Even if he recognises his impotence, as a football manager he will fight as much as he can for what he thinks will bring footballing success. I doubt he sees eye to eye with llambias on what that means but looks like he knows that influencing and coercing people is more effective than spitting a dummy out.

I quite like Ziegler, but he's a bit lightweight for the premiership imo.

Moved to Juve already this summer.

I think Aeris has spent too long in FM-land. :D

You may be right. But I think he is right about the £20 million price tag. Just read that Lyon paid £15 mill for him 2 years ago. There's no way he is only worth £8 mill now. I must admit I have no idea how good he is but if he's worth £15 mill 2 years ago he's obviously pretty good. Too good for us. And too much $$$ for Ashley.

Moved to Juve already this summer.

Oh shit, did he... I really have no interest in whats going on in Serie Aaah :D haha, yeah, I got him from FM, he seemed so grabable at his relegated Sampdoria side... at least he plays with the right colours now:)

Edited by Aeris

You may be right. But I think he is right about the £20 million price tag. Just read that Lyon paid £15 mill for him 2 years ago. There's no way he is only worth £8 mill now. I must admit I have no idea how good he is but if he's worth £15 mill 2 years ago he's obviously pretty good. Too good for us. And too much $$$ for Ashley.

Well, Lyon also stated they where currently desperate for money, so they might sell somewhat cheaper, but 8-9m... I can't believe it.

Yeah. Smokescreen. The club will waste time before the window closes on attempting* to sign a quality LB then sign a pish Perch type hack from the lower leagues on deadline day.

* By offering well below the asking price, refusing to negotiate, and feeding the fans crap along the lines of 'we did everything possible to come to an agreement'.

Yeah. Smokescreen. The club will waste time before the window closes on attempting* to sign a quality LB then sign a pish Perch type hack from the lower leagues on deadline day.

Smokescreen along with Maiga, which I seriously believe is another dead end, seeing Sochaux just signed him last year and they really won't see him go. So many players they could've approached by now, but still they're aiming for the most difficult targets at the very end of the window. I really don't believe the leadership would show this type of incompetence without a cause. Why won't Ashley just sell if he hates our club, is he making too good money seeing us fail???

Edited by Aeris

Pardew has gone to watch Pieters today.

Is it me or are the Left Backs we are looking at of a really high quality? I mean, this guy is first choice for Holland and Cissoko is (AFAIK) a REALLY good LB. I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking at players of this quality, but is it just going to make it too hard for Pardew and give him a ready made excuse on deadline day?

Is it me or are the Left Backs we are looking at of a really high quality? I mean, this guy is first choice for Holland and Cissoko is (AFAIK) a REALLY good LB. I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking at players of this quality, but is it just going to make it too hard for Pardew and give him a ready made excuse on deadline day?

I'd be happy if we signed a LB like Pieters or Cissoko but I can't believe we'll do it. iirc we haven't spent more than 5 mill on a player for donkey's years and the majority of our dealings this transfer window have been free transfers. These players will surely cost a lot of money?

Yes. See above. :lol: