Pardew: Our transfer policy is NO different to Man Uniteds

Deano

Pardew: Newcastle United’s transfer policy no different from Manchester United’s.

Who do you believe?

In a rare interview, Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew fas come out to firmly defend the way Newcastle United conduct their business in the transfer market.

He told local rag, the Sunday Stun, that Newcastle United are no different from clubs such as Manchester United in their recruitment policy, and added that he wasn’t really disappointed to have missed out on any players, saying:

“I don’t think the process at Newcastle is very different from elsewhere in the Premier League.

“It’s exactly what I had at West Ham in terms of chief executive (Derek Llambias) trying to do the deal – and it’s as simple as that. The board, and in this case we don’t really have a board – it’s Mike to a degree, agreeing with the deal that the chief executive has done.

“That’s the same as every other club that I know and how it works. I keep hearing these things about this football club that are actually just not true. I don’t think the procedure is any different.

“At West Ham I would tell Aldridge, my chief executive there, I would like to do a deal for him. He would go away and try and do the deal and most of the time it didn’t happen, to be honest.

“Usually because the other club make it impossible to happen. It is the same at Stoke – it is the same at Manchester United.”

“That was one that we had no control over – I think it was probably done before we got there. But outside of that, not really disappointed to have missed anyone.

“There’s always one or two you would like to have been involved in but we’re very focused on where we are right now. Of course, negotiations are ongoing – that’s all I can really say at the moment.”

Pardew’s assesment is in stark contrast to that of previous manager, Kevin Keegan, who condemned owner, Mike Ashley and Llambias in his current role as a pundit on the ESPN sports channel, where he said:

“Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias, you can’t work with these people. You can’t trust them. They tell you one thing and mean another.

“You try and sign a player, I had a ‘phonecall for about an hour to buy a player, I went off the phone, they had another conference call and said right, we don’t offer two million, we a million and they’ll reject it.”

Or, if the directors of other clubs involved in ‘phantom’ bids from Newcastle United recently are to be believed, they don’t put any bids in at all, while telling fans that they have.

However, while technically, the ways in which Newcastle United and other clubs do their transfer business may be very similar, the manner in which they conduct themselves in terms of the clarity and communication of the relevant parties, and the integrity of Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias could be very different

http://www.nufcblog.org/2011/08/pardew-new...hester-uniteds/

I think somewhere inbetween AP and KK's opinions is the truth..... :lol:

Edited by Deano

Or to put it another way: Our transfer policy is no different to Stoke's

Fed up of this shit, theres a few actual quotes in there and you can make of them what you will. I'm not really arsed what the mechanics of a player transaction are, it's about whether we're strengthening or not. We'll find out in the next few days where we stand, until then fucking sling it.

pardew dont have any say on transfers its all to do with those two twats up top

Deadman, it was a few minutes ago now admittedly, but do you remember making this post? ^^^^^

My posting policy's the same as any of the top posters on here, only I might not post as often or include as much interesting content. Still, I should be considered one of the board's best posters.

i think there holding back so if they have to go for the bridges and crouch's they will have the best bargaining tool IE the need to get players off the books for when they chop the squads. shrewd but tight.

i think there holding back so if they have to go for the bridges and crouch's they will have the best bargaining tool IE the need to get players off the books for when they chop the squads. shrewd but tight.

I think they showed with the Cabaye deal that it is possible for our transfer team to get everything right.

Where it seems to have gone wrong after that is targetting players who just wanted to be elsewhere ie Gervinho and Gameiro or by penny pinching when it comes to getting deals over the line ie Erdinc.

Hopefully we can get these last two deals over the line, learn and move on.

I think the quality of the players we have got or "appeared" to be after shows that Graham Carr has been following the right ones.

I honestly think we are running a tighter budget than Swansea City at the moment, so I can't really see how he can compare the transfer policy to any of the PL clubs, it's just monkey business like. However, the team is in still high morale and actually looks capable of winning some matches this season, and that's what counts at the end of day, isn't it?

I think all he is saying in that piece is that once a target has been agreed, its the guys upstairs who do the negotiating and try to close the deal.

In other words, saying he is just as pissed off as anyone else that some of the players we have targeted havent come to fruition.

Of course clubs like Man U will be an awful lot more skilled at this sort of thing and have a lot more to offer, but I get his point.

His point is pointless, just like every other bullshit point he pretends to stand for, he's just being Mike Ashley's external media outlet to make it look like everything is at a normal state.

pardew dont have any say on transfers its all to do with those two twats up top

Not exactly true, Pardoo will have his say on who he wants or who he would like to strengthen after assesment of a player either by himself or his assistants. Then it's up to Ashley & Lambyarse to down-negotiate the financial end of it and that is where the problem lies. They will not spend big nor will they pay big wages. However they will bring new players in if the price suits their business plans not any football plans.