Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Runners and the like

Anyone use any of the gps gadgets for tracking how far they run and if they're any use?

wouldn't mind getting one to see how much distance i'm covering playing in my weekly footy games, but i'm thinking the relative small space/quick up and down running vs how often it updates these might not be an option vs a basic pedometer or something.

I use Adidas Micoach. It uses GPS tracking though and I dont suppose it would be much cop for keeping an accurate track of a 5/7 a side pitch.

I reckon you would be disappointed when you get the results back too :lol: 9miles covered by a PL player on a full size pitch over 90mins probably equates to 0.8 miles for a 45min kick about on a small sided pitch.

We play just over an hour, 18-18 on a full size pitch generally so a decent bit bigger than the 5/7aside types, but naw didn't think i'd cover much ground tbh even with me being labelled as a "runner" when the teams are picked, more out of curiosity more than anything seeing as i play 3/4times a week.

I'd say the running i do out there would be more akin to the like of shuttles than any kind of distance

I use map my run but Im not sure how accurate it would be for what you want to use it for (iphone app)

18-18 not 18v18

18yard line to the other 18yard line on a fullsize pitch, 8vs8

if we've smaller numbers (6 or 7aside)we play width ways across half a pitch instead

Nah, I map my routes in advance. Not one for the gadgets.

Same here. I use walkjogrun.net either before or after to work out my route and time it using a stopwatch.