Arsenal and Ethnic Fans

wykikitoon

Arsenal's fan base reflects the club's catchment area. One of the most ethnically diverse parts of the country innit.

That's wrong I think otherwise West Ham and Millwall would have many ethnic fans and they probably make up less than 5% of their football.

I mentioned in the riot thread that a lad I worked with who was from Deptford told me how a lot of South London was pretty segregated and he's a Millwall fan - I'd presume a lot of their fans were from the white estates around the old ground.

West Ham and towards the east is more Asian than black - and as you say I can't imagine West Ham or Millwall being that welcoming to either Blacks or Asians from the 70s/80s on.

I think Arsenal have traditionally attracted a lot of "posher" people for London - maybe from the areas of North London with money - as well as quite a few Irish and Greeks because of the fair number of those in and around North London as well.

I still think of Tottenham as having the most black fans in London - though I could be wrong.

Aye, I think Tottenham are similar, because Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall, Charlton, Palace, Brentford have always attracted a more white support for whatever reason. It's like Birmingham City, there was thousands of blacks and Irish in Birmingham in the 70s, racism was at it's peak and the old sign no black no irish in pubs was real. The whites didn't like the black because they were black, and the Irish were hated cos they were Irish and the Birmingham pub bombings. Birmingham City ever since then have been supported by the Irish and black communities in the West Midlands, where as Aston Villa have had a significant amount of white right wing supporters and they have strong links with the scummier element of Rangers etc..

I have not had a look at what other people have said on here but my guess would be down to the fact they have a lot of nationalities in their team?

When we played them a couple of weeks back, there was a group of Chinese fans, couple of them thought they were fucking massive calling the toon fans wankers and the sort until people started singing "show us your visa. " Not even joking, they shut up within seconds of that starting :wub:

Quality chant. :blush::blush:

At least Morcambe Bay wasn't mentioned.

You still at the games stevie lad?

Aye Bawan back of LL4 now, you've stolen our seats :up::blush: I miss Level 7 after just one game, was sat front row of the balcony. I seen you say you got a st there this season. We could do with yous singin for 90 mins tbh.

Oh right I see, atmosphere is alright up there tbh, am right next to the away fans too. Stupid idea taking up a chunk of the seats up there to put a black banner to separate the fans, dont they just normally have the police there?

whats the atmosphere like where you are now?

Did you have a look at what I posted on twitter thread?

Aye scarf day. The atmosphere is absolutely shite where I am now :lol: and we can't hear yous. You need to stand up for 90 mins like L7 did for the last 5 years. Aye they normally have police there but probably cos all the radgies have been moved they are more lax I don't know. Are dumb and dumber still in the Ladbrokes kiosk?

I have not had a look at what other people have said on here but my guess would be down to the fact they have a lot of nationalities in their team?

When we played them a couple of weeks back, there was a group of Chinese fans, couple of them thought they were fucking massive calling the toon fans wankers and the sort until people started singing "show us your visa. " Not even joking, they shut up within seconds of that starting :wub:

Quality chant. :blush::blush:

At least Morcambe Bay wasn't mentioned.

You still at the games stevie lad?

Aye Bawan back of LL4 now, you've stolen our seats :up::blush: I miss Level 7 after just one game, was sat front row of the balcony. I seen you say you got a st there this season. We could do with yous singin for 90 mins tbh.

Oh right I see, atmosphere is alright up there tbh, am right next to the away fans too. Stupid idea taking up a chunk of the seats up there to put a black banner to separate the fans, dont they just normally have the police there?

whats the atmosphere like where you are now?

Did you have a look at what I posted on twitter thread?

Aye scarf day. The atmosphere is absolutely shite where I am now :lol: and we can't hear yous. You need to stand up for 90 mins like L7 did for the last 5 years. Aye they normally have police there but probably cos all the radgies have been moved they are more lax I don't know. Are dumb and dumber still in the Ladbrokes kiosk?

I never fucking sat down mate, was pretty much everyone around us standing up and singing. A lot of youn'uns giving it the bigin too, couple of pints and their singing blaydon races when everyone around them is singing something else. Lets hope the atmosphere will be better for the Fulham game!!!

Didnt go to the Kiosk mate but i'll keep an eye out if I venture past it!