One for Stevie...

Besty

I always admired Geordies when I was a kid. And I had a fair few Geordie mates and a godfather. One of my Geordie mates often didn't wash his hands after he had a poo, and one time he said, "whay man look at that rollercoaster over there like," so I looked at the rollercoaster, and he started having a piss when my back was turned and it went on my shoes; but there was something clean, pure and honest about the Geordie people that I just didn't get from other people. When I went to Newcastle as a kid, shortly after I visited Middlesborough and went to a camp site, I think it was an area that had been affected by the fallout from Chernobyl that floated over to the UK, one of the worst and most frightening experiences of my life. So I think I do understand to an extent the differences between Newcaslte and the surrounding areas. I've never been to Sunderland, but I count that as a blessing after my experiences in Middlesborough.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always admired Geordies when I was a kid. And I had a fair few Geordie mates and a godfather. One of my Geordie mates often didn't wash his hands after he had a poo, and one time he said, "whay man look at that rollercoaster over there like," so I looked at the rollercoaster, and he started having a piss when my back was turned and it went on my shoes; but there was something clean, pure and honest about the Geordie people that I just didn't get from other people. When I went to Newcastle as a kid, shortly after I visited Middlesborough and went to a camp site, I think it was an area that had been affected by the fallout from Chernobyl that floated over to the UK, one of the worst and most frightening experiences of my life. So I think I do understand to an extent the differences between Newcaslte and the surrounding areas. I've never been to Sunderland, but I count that as a blessing after my experiences in Middlesborough.

Good post that. You know a major difference between most geordies and people from elsewhere, I really don't think there's many sly geordies trying to fuck you over, if we don't like something we say it, and if we've got an issue we generally don't use other people as a vehicle for it, we are very direct, and I do think that is rare in this country, not many backstabbers, I mean fucking hell working in London you need a stab vest on back to front it's that bad. We just get on with it, if someones a nob we'll say it and we're not complicated neither.

Growing up: 3.77 miles

Now: 3.66 miles

Sunderland AFC: 13.64 miles :wub:

You win Bestie. Must be the way the crow flies this.

You're further from that lot though. :blush:

Growing up: 3.77 miles

Now: 3.66 miles

Sunderland AFC: 13.64 miles :wub:

You win Bestie. Must be the way the crow flies this.

You're further from that lot though. :blush:

Haha aye. How longs it take you to get to SJP from yours? Probably 15 mins by car 25 mins bus for me. I was in Wrekenton the other day like, couldn't believe you can see the SOS from Gateshead, just never occurred to me that you could.

Good post that. You know a major difference between most geordies and people from elsewhere, I really don't think there's many sly geordies trying to fuck you over, if we don't like something we say it, and if we've got an issue we generally don't use other people as a vehicle for it, we are very direct, and I do think that is rare in this country, not many backstabbers, I mean fucking hell working in London you need a stab vest on back to front it's that bad. We just get on with it, if someones a nob we'll say it and we're not complicated neither.

Going back to Auf Weiders, Oz when they goto that Posh Inn and he shouts about how "people from my area make outsiders feel welcome, youve mad us feel as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit" :wub: Spot on.

Probably about the same like, and I never knew you could either!

Much better looking the other way when you head down Sheriff Hill way, class seeing SJP above everything.

Much better looking the other way when you head down Sheriff Hill way, class seeing SJP above everything.

The highlight of Gateshead is the top of that bank past yours near the hospital, in my view the best view of the whole NE. SJP looks fuckin class and the Cheviots look huge in the distance.

Who's your dad post as on here like Besty?

Edited by McFaul

The highlight of Gateshead is the top of that bank past yours near the hospital, in my view the best view of the whole NE. SJP looks fuckin class and the Cheviots look huge in the distance.

Aye, that's where I was on about, canny pic here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allan_bruce/1...22420/lightbox/

EDIT: Knackers is his name on here. :wub:

Edited by Besty

That is the EXACT view. Lush that like.

Who's your da post as on here?

That is the EXACT view. Lush that like.

Who's your da post as on here?

Knackers.

Growing up: 8.19 miles to SJP

Now: 256.14 miles to SJP

:wub:

As much as I'd love to, being close to the nippers is far more important I'm afraid :blush: