2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

StevenL

So that's a Australia vs South Africa quarter final unless the Irish do something stupid like lose to Italy (wouldn't put it past them).

All Blacks would then face the winner of that, so it would either be a battered and bruised Australia or a average South African team. Me likey.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's a Australia vs South Africa quarter final unless the Irish do something stupid like lose to Italy (wouldn't put it past them).

All Blacks would then face the winner of that, so it would either be a battered and bruised Australia or a average South African team. Me likey.

If Carter and McCaw are crocked (both injured at the moment) thats a statement of supreme over confidence old son......imagine NZ fucking up at the world cup...who'd have thought that? :lol:

If Carter and McCaw are crocked (both injured at the moment) thats a statement of supreme over confidence old son......imagine NZ fucking up at the world cup...who'd have thought that? :lol:

They're carrying niggles, nothing more according to the press here

Hardly crocked, the coaches and medical staff have said all along if this was the French game or a knock out game they would've been able to play, there was just no point putting them at risk against Japan.

And as it stands, we would face either Argentina or Scotland (probably the Argies, Scotland were bullied by Romania for 70 minutes and looked average against Georgia while Argentina should've beaten England) in the Quarter Final, a team we should be able to get through even without Richie and Carter.

Right now i'd be putting my money on an Ireland/New Zealand final after tonights win. Ireland (barring an Italian upset or Samoa rolling both the Boks and the Welsh) are going to face either Samoa or Wales in the quarter final and then either the French or the English in the semi, both games Ireland should win if they play even 80% as well as they did tonight.

Edited by citizenerased

Superb performance by the Irish. I went over to Paris for the last world cup for the Argentina match. We were awful with what I thought was our strongest side for ages. Be great to go on a run here.

Key difference is the coaching IMO. Comical Eddie is gone and Kidney seems to know what he's doing.

If you're trying to say League is more competitive, it's not really fair comparing a club match in league to RU internationals, is it? It's a bad comparison to draw anyway from your pov, given there are loads of nations who are competitive in Union (6 nations, South Africa, the Aussies and Kiwis, plus the likes of Western Samoa and Argetntina who often pull off a shock). How many nations are competitive at international level in Rugby League? 3?

It's two isn't it - NZ and Australia. :D

It's true what the say about rugby union though - it is as boring as bat shit. Watching any of the British Isles teams play rugby union is worse than watching a Sam Allardyce team take on a team managed by Rafa Benitez in football. Says a lot really.

What a fuckin mug :lol: and what's funny he pipes up that we're shite at cricket and rugby, sports which generally no cunt cares about, yet Australia are fuckin shite in both and they all passionately care about them.

Convict cunts, you're basically scousers in the sun.

Ireland 15 Convict Skin Cancer Victims 6

Ireland 9 England 20

Pipe down.

If you're trying to say League is more competitive, it's not really fair comparing a club match in league to RU internationals, is it? It's a bad comparison to draw anyway from your pov, given there are loads of nations who are competitive in Union (6 nations, South Africa, the Aussies and Kiwis, plus the likes of Western Samoa and Argetntina who often pull off a shock). How many nations are competitive at international level in Rugby League? 3?

It's two isn't it - NZ and Australia. :D

It's true what the say about rugby union though - it is as boring as bat shit. Watching any of the British Isles teams play rugby union is worse than watching a Sam Allardyce team take on a team managed by Rafa Benitez in football. Says a lot really.

What a fuckin mug :lol: and what's funny he pipes up that we're shite at cricket and rugby, sports which generally no cunt cares about, yet Australia are fuckin shite in both and they all passionately care about them.

Convict cunts, you're basically scousers in the sun.

Ireland 15 Convict Skin Cancer Victims 6

Ireland 9 England 20

Pipe down.

Settle down you pasty-faced bastid. Given up the cigarettes yet btw - I've not been around for a while and have not read any of your updates - your trials and tribulations. :blush:

I've basically said in my post that my interest in the sport is pretty limited. It is too stop/start, and there are too many rules, and different interpretations/variations of those rules depending on where the referee comes from, and which many professional players, past and present, admit to not even knowing. I'd got quite a few free tickets and a couple of offers to watch games from private boxes when the WC was down here in 2003. I could only bring myself to go to one game, just to enjoy the spectacle and atmosphere rather than the game itself.

Anyway, as you've been corrected, Australia beat NZ a few weeks ago. I know your understanding of rugby union is limited, but NZ are slightly better than Ireland, and at this time Australia's best player is out injured so they are missing a clog. Not taking away from Ireland though, they well and truly deserved their win yesterday, unequivocally.

Edited by Ken

Nah it was just some lass he was s'posed to know trying to French kiss his cranium. Can't wait for Tindall to pull some drunken rugby stuff around Kate though as she's right in the line of fire iyam. It'll be too much for him to take one time, lagered up to the eyeballs with Zara howling some horse-faced shit at him.

Does that mean England have France/Ireland?

Yeah, I'd take that over Australia.

England won the Ashes though, Ken. Just thought I'd remind you.

Yes, well, thank you for the reminder, and I'm happy for you tbh, and all English sports lovers for that matter. We take comfort knowing that it gives you at least something to take pride in. :lol:

England won the Ashes though, Ken. Just thought I'd remind you.

Yes, well, thank you for the reminder, and I'm happy for you tbh, and all English sports lovers for that matter. We take comfort knowing that it gives you at least something to take pride in. :lol:

It also has the added bonus of removing the only thing your country can usually take pride in :lol:

Ireland winning and France losing, good results fopr us. If we dont fuck up agauist the Scotts we've got a clean run to the final, where we wont show up on the day and get turned over by NZ. But it'll be a fucking good piss-up. :nufc: