Ria's Rainbow

catmag

I'm sorry I wasn't a member earlier to be able to donate but I have to say she is a gorgeous little girl and I am keeping her in my thoughts today. Big well done to everyone who raised the money.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surgery over and the little one is in the recovery room, her mam and dad are with her. The surgeon has told them everything has gone really well.

575083_10150889880191704_945286375_n.jpg

Michelle asked me to pass on her thanks to everyone "on the Newcastle site" who has supported them. The bairn is safe and sound x

Excellent stuff. I had an email off Michelle actually Cath, still have a couple of things to sort for her as we ran out of time.

Excellent stuff. I had an email off Michelle actually Cath, still have a couple of things to sort for her as we ran out of time.

More fundraising stuff? I know they're still taking donations to help with rehab when they get home.

More fundraising stuff? I know they're still taking donations to help with rehab when they get home.

Well Im not sure exactly what was sorted in the end but theres always a chance to do more as we do stuff all the time. But specifically this was about her (Ria) being on set. I'll pm ya ;)

Aye, the lads on here are a good bunch :)

Operation is at 7pm our time. Happy thoughts....

.......and the lasses arent too bad either ;)

Wonderful news Cath, glad all is going well.

• 3 weeks later...

She's doing fantastically! They all got back from the US last Thursday after 2 operations and some pretty brutal physio, Ria is already weightbearing in her legs and able to push the pedals on a bike. I think the optimum time to see the extent of her improvement is 6 months after surgery so she's got some intense physio to go, but already she's doing things she could never do before. Part of her physio in the US was scaling a little climbing wall (with help) and no-one could believe she was doing it.

If you join her facebook there are loads of progress videos that I don't know how to post on here.

https://www.facebook.com/rias.rainbow

Please add her as a friend and watch her progress cos it just makes you feel all warm and happy :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To this day I don't know what anyone donated and I don't care. Every one of you has changed her life. It's really as simple as that. If you donated £1 then without that, they would be £1 short.

Yes it's a footy message board but it's really so much more than that. It proves that people are good and decent and willing to help out when someone like me, who is nobody in the grand scheme of things, asks for a favour. I love that :)