Ria's Rainbow

catmag

Guys and girls, I need your help.

It's a very long story but ultimately we're trying to raise money for my lovely friend Michelle's little girl, Ria. She's 5 years old and was born very prematurely and consequently has cerebral palsy. She can't walk unaided and uses a frame and has numerous other difficulties which she meets head-on every day because she is amazing and inspirational. she has recently been accepted by a professor in the USA to have life-changing surgery which will enable her to walk without her frame, but it costs £50,000.

A couple of weeks ago, Ria's step-sister arranged a massive funday and huge charity raffle at the nursery she works at, and this happened..

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-14611889

The scumbags stole everything, but since then Michelle has started to get a little bit of attention from the media who were interested in the story and we're all hoping that Ria's story reaches more people because she really is a feisty and gorgeous little girl. So basically I'm trying to do my bit. They've raised just over £20,000 so far but have to raise the other £30K quite quickly otherwise she'll forfeit her 'space' in the queue for the surgery.

Can anyone spare a couple of quid that they would otherwise spend on a pint or a fiver that you were going to get a takeaway with? I fully realise that I sound like a Children in Need clip but we're all desperate to help. Michelle and I have been friends for 15 years and I'm in awe of what an amazing mammy she is and I'd love to help them.

Ria's website is www.riasrainbow.com There is a paypal button if anyone wishes to help us.

And finally, we were down in Manchester a few weeks ago at a charity day for the little lady herself and this is her, and our camera-shy son in the 2nd pic!

015hav.jpg

016krn.jpg

Thank you :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thank you isn't enough to you or anyone who gives anything to a little girl that you don't even know, but I'm truly grateful and I know Michelle will be too.

There is also a Facebook page for Ria's Rainbow if people would be good enough to join it :wub:

They're half way there because of you lot. I love you all millions :D

My next task is to post on all the Premiership teams message boards. Best get started....

I read this earlier and forgot about it.

I just saw your reminder in the football section.

Well worth my winnings from the 0-1 win.

Edited by ewerk

+1 donation. She's beautiful, all the best to her!

Thank you Brock! :icon_lol:

She's just precious, isn't she? There are amazing things going on behind the scenes thanks to someone on here and I can't thank them enough. Got a message from Michelle last night and she's truly grateful to all of you. Hopefully everyone who has donated so far has has an e-mail from either Ria's mam or grandma (Carol).

Donated.

Not sure how up-to-date the progress page is but it's currently showing £20,427.

The website hasn't been updated for a while as it's just run by a friend of the family.

I have just found out from Michelle that the total as of today is around £29,000 :lol:

Thank you for whatever part you played in that <_<

£29,468.41 officially banked.

£2000 still to be banked in the next few days.

:lol:

Should get a bit at the w/e as well.

Shell filled me in. There is muchos excitement round their way <_<

£29,468.41 officially banked.

£2000 still to be banked in the next few days.

:lol:

Should get a bit at the w/e as well.

Shell filled me in. There is muchos excitement round their way <_<

Aye, I got that impression <_< Should be good, I'll be getting some pics for them to use etc as well.