Comparison to last season - we were bottom after these games!

peasepud

Its all well and good to say that we're in 5 place this season and then compare it to where we were after 2 games last season but that doesnt give a proper indication of how the seasons compare.

Ive started some work to compare the actual results against the season before which i think will be a more realistic view. So the table below shows how it would have been after 2 games if the fixtures had corresponded to this season ie if game 1 had been Arsenal (H) and 2 SAFC (A).

Obviously this is then thrown by relegation teams so what I have done is replaced those that went down with the upcoming teams ie Birmingham games have become QPR, Blackpool - Norwich and West Ham - Swansea

so far so good :wub:

I'll try and keep it updated each week.

After 12 games

8 points, -6 goal difference and bottom of the league!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously this is then thrown by relegation teams so what I have done is replaced those that went down with the upcoming teams ie Birmingham games have become QPR, Blackpool - Norwich and West Ham - Swansea

Can you do his for the whole of the Premier League years so we can be assured of rigourous analysis?

Might require giving up sleeping or work.

:wub:

I was going to also do it for the relegation season to see how we were comparing there but the whole which teams are in and which are out due to relegation/ promotion became confusing as owt!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are 5 points better off than the corresponding fixtures from last season. I consider QPR this years Blackpool in style of play and early season form.

9 - 5 = 4 :lol:

You may well consider them that way however for sake of clarity and applying a strict logical, common sense approach Ive replaced last years relegation teams with the ones that came up ie.

3rd bottom: Birmingham > winners QPR,

2nd bottom: Blackpool > 2nd placed Norwich

Bottom: West Ham > 3rd placed Swansea

Using your logic wed have to change the corresponding teams as the new boys change their style and results :lol: