Newcastle United v Fulham --- Sunday 1.00pm Kick Off

Christmas Tree

Yeah, the one point I missed was that Alan Smith was truly appalling. Dived into tackles, gave possession away almost every time he touched the ball and looked an absolute liability. Would make much more sense to pay about 60% of his wages if we shipped him out to Leeds or wherever until it expires, 'cos he's not going to do anything positive on 100% of his wages here. I know Gosling didn't look great in midweek, but he's a darn sight better than Smith, and didn't even make the bench today!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the moon we've done our bogey side at home but we were very, very average. I fear the time when injuries kick in and suspensions because at the minute our team isn't as good as last year despite the double glazing salesman's patter. So, happy but concerned, very concerned. If you can't see it you're blind.

Guest Your Name Here
On a side note I hope the low crowd has the fat cunt shitting it as well.

The picture from the BBC shows what a tremendous idea his vendetta against the Level 7 folk was:

_54989344_54989343.jpg

Wouldn’t have had much effect on the attendance but agree that today really showed up axing the LC for what it is was. In our last season under FF we had a crowd of 52k for our home game against Fulham.

Another disjointed and tedious performance. Saylor and Krul played well. Obertan was shit - clueless running, poor decision making and knocked off the ball far too easily.

Guest Your Name Here
Over the moon we've done our bogey side at home but we were very, very average. I fear the time when injuries kick in and suspensions because at the minute our team isn't as good as last year despite the double glazing salesman's patter. So, happy but concerned, very concerned. If you can't see it you're blind.

Forget injuries, a change in the rub of the green would be enough to spell trouble.

There was no purpose to our passing in this or any of the games we’ve played this season. We haven’t (with the exception of a short spell against Scunny) put the opposition under and real or sustained pressure.... goals out of nothing are sure to dry up.

Forget injuries, a change in the rub of the green would be enough to spell trouble.

There was no purpose to our passing in this or any of the games we’ve played this season. We haven’t (with the exception of a short spell against Scunny) put the opposition under and real or sustained pressure.... goals out of nothing are sure to dry up.

Anyone who thinks we've kicked on from last year, (and I include our 'coach' in this), is living in cloud cuckoo land. I'm pleased they can still get stuck in, etc but today was the third league game in a row we've came up against a side who were equally as toothless up front and these odd goals will end up being consolation goals rather than winners. The defence are going to end up being under huge pressure due to the lack of creativity/goals that'll be scored this year. Am I being harsh?

My view from the match.

First half absolutely pants. Nobody wanted to play out wide and Obertan and Jonas were constantly trying to play in midfield. This resulted several times in Rtaylor getting the ball in a good position, only for Jonas to be out of position to progress the move.

Tiote was also pretty crap and simply passed every ball back towards the defence.

Cabaye was obviously knackered by the lack of attacking options but got stuck into everything and continually ran himself ragged.

Krul was excellent and again fully justified all of us who went with him as first choice keeper pre season. Simply stunning at times.

Stephen Taylor again did well but had me in stitches continually kissing Krul and his fellow defenders and was hilarious in the first half trying to block their keeper from seeing a free kick being set up.

Simpson is utter shite and the sooner he is out of the team, the better.

Jonas was crap today and Obertan did some good stuff but is still a poor player so far. Its a sign of how overall poor the team is that people are confusing him with being decent.

What can you say about our strikers that hasnt already being said. Some decent strikers would make us a decent team. Dont let Best's two goals fool you that he is the answer.

Great to be on 7 points and joint second but we desperately need some strikers.

Anyone who thinks we've kicked on from last year, (and I include our 'coach' in this), is living in cloud cuckoo land. I'm pleased they can still get stuck in, etc but today was the third league game in a row we've came up against a side who were equally as toothless up front and these odd goals will end up being consolation goals rather than winners. The defence are going to end up being under huge pressure due to the lack of creativity/goals that'll be scored this year. Am I being harsh?

Nah, in terms of personnel, the defence and strikers that have lined up so far this season have been very weak. All of which we already knew, so if there aren't additions to both departments it's an insult. I'm not even talking about the Carroll millions either, if they're doing it on the cheap foreigner principle, lets see some cheap foreigners then. Nowt is not an option.

We were all over them for 20 minutes and scored 2. The difference this season from previous games of this nature is that today we had the ability to score 2 and keep them from equalising. Rode our luck at times but there was nothing lucky or 'out of nothing' about either goal. Both well worked on the back of dominating possession and creating chances.

We were all over them for 20 minutes and scored 2. The difference this season from previous games of this nature is that today we had the ability to score 2 and keep them from equalising. Rode our luck at times but there was nothing lucky or 'out of nothing' about either goal. Both well worked on the back of dominating possession and creating chances.

The first goal came about because of a snap shot struck by Cabaye which the keeper spilled into the path of Best. Any striker would have scored it, but it was good play from Cabaye who was our outstanding midfielder. It was right at the start of the second half, when we seemed to capitalize on Fulham's lethargy. It wasn't a 'well-worked' goal, we're lucky Cabaye has a decent shot on him because we were incapable of working it any further than him for most of the game.

That the cross for the second goal was allowed to roll through Fulham's box to Best's feet should be a point of great worry for Jol. Abysmal defending, and if they don't shape up they are going to have one of the worst away records in the league. The positives for us are Cabaye is a good player and Krul also looks to be developing into a decent keeper.

Sounds like you're saying this side is better equipped to win these tight games than we were last year? I'd simply say we came out the better of two very average sides, in fact you could just as easy say Fulham were the better side for at least the first twenty five minutes. We got a lucky rebound for Best's first and credit to him for taking the second well. I'm not convinced at all.

The goals were not 'out of nothing' is what I am saying. We were on top and should have score at the end of the first, came out looking hungry and got the goal. The second goal was bot bad defending, it was pin-point from Ba and a very good finish from Best. Not a convincing win but enough to take all the points.

Guest Your Name Here
My view from the match.

First half absolutely pants. Nobody wanted to play out wide and Obertan and Jonas were constantly trying to play in midfield. This resulted several times in Rtaylor getting the ball in a good position, only for Jonas to be out of position to progress the move.

Tiote was also pretty crap and simply passed every ball back towards the defence.

Cabaye was obviously knackered by the lack of attacking options but got stuck into everything and continually ran himself ragged.

Krul was excellent and again fully justified all of us who went with him as first choice keeper pre season. Simply stunning at times.

Stephen Taylor again did well but had me in stitches continually kissing Krul and his fellow defenders and was hilarious in the first half trying to block their keeper from seeing a free kick being set up.

Simpson is utter shite and the sooner he is out of the team, the better.

Jonas was crap today and Obertan did some good stuff but is still a poor player so far. Its a sign of how overall poor the team is that people are confusing him with being decent.

What can you say about our strikers that hasnt already being said. Some decent strikers would make us a decent team. Dont let Best's two goals fool you that he is the answer.

Great to be on 7 points and joint second but we desperately need some strikers.

Imposter

Guest Your Name Here
The goals were not 'out of nothing' is what I am saying. We were on top and should have score at the end of the first, came out looking hungry and got the goal. The second goal was bot bad defending, it was pin-point from Ba and a very good finish from Best. Not a convincing win but enough to take all the points.

Fulham made just as many chances as we did, on another day they’d have got two and we’d have got one. It was a similar story against Sunderland and Arsenal. What you have to look at this stage of the season is how well the team are playing and we’ve been very poor. There’s no discernable pattern to our play, no obvious tactical approach and no sense of purpose. At times there’s been no energy either.

How many times have we opened the opposition up?

I’m not convinced we can play both Tiote and Cabaye in the centre. They’re both essentially continuity players.

Fulham made just as many chances as we did, on another day they’d have got two and we’d have got one. It was a similar story against Sunderland and Arsenal. What you have to look at this stage of the season is how well the team are playing and we’ve been very poor. There’s no discernable pattern to our play, no obvious tactical approach and no sense of purpose. At times there’s been no energy either.

I’m not convinced we can play both Tiote and Cabaye in the centre. They’re both essentially continuity players.

I'm imagining a one-two pass between them, where Tiote releases the ball to Cabaye, and when Cabaye lays it back Tiote's wearing an away top and has an afro. :D

I think Cabaye and Tiote will be fine in the centre, especially when Ben Arfa comes back. I'm assuming Tiote will improve and I hope all this carry-on about Ramadan fasting affecting performances is true, because he has been poor in the 3 games when compared with the high-standard he set last season. He could learn a thing or two from Cabaye about tackling, Tiote was lucky not to get a yellow again today.

I'm imagining a one-two pass between them, where Tiote releases the ball to Cabaye, and when Cabaye lays it back Tiote's wearing an away top and has an afro. <_<

:D

Can't see us managing to put in a decent performance while Raylor is playing left back or Best and Lovenkrands (or shola) are playing up front. Raylor can't link up with Jonas (or anyone else on the left tbf) so we're getting hardly anything from him on the left wing and those three up front are just shite and that offers very little option fir our midfield to pass to. Whenever there was a pass on Caybaye looks like he can make it.