Newcastle United v Fulham --- Sunday 1.00pm Kick Off

Christmas Tree

IMO.

Krull. .. Saved the day. No. 1.

Simpson.... doesn't deserve to be called Wilson, we need a better right back.

Saylor.....steady but again can be Bramblesque on occasion.

Colo......put in a good shift.

Raylor.....didn't score from a set piece proving he's a useless left back.

Cabaye......put in a good shift

Tiote.......nowhere near as good as last season, let's hope he improves.

Jonas.....same old spidermann.

Obertan....pretty anonymous really, didn't see this lightnig pace.

Lovenkrands.....seen better strikes come from a Swan Vesta matchbox.

Best....apart from scoring 2, we need a striker.

Pardoo....WHY does he persist with Raylor at left back when he has left-sided Ferguson. WHY didn't he play Marveau.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO.

Pardoo....WHY does he persist with Raylor at left back when he has left-sided Ferguson. WHY didn't he play Marveau.

ferguson isnt capable of playing as a premier league left back, hes not strong enough or experienced enough to compensate the argument for raylor is i suppose that he is an experienced player but hes certainly no left back.

Marveaux presumably isn't 100% match fit

And nor is Gosling. Ben Arfa won't be for a while when he recovers either. All 3 will need a fair while to get 'right', they've been out for a ridiculous amount of time between them.

Agreed.

Its gonna take Barfa a good 4 weeks to get up to speed and get his confidence once he is back in training.

Gosling will be a decent squad player.

But on today...It was a great result but a poor performance with regards to controlling the game and being a force, however that "team spirit" is definitely there. Even with no Barton or Nolan.

Few positives....Krul is outstanding, really is a young VDS. Cabaye looking dangerous and quite a complete central midfielder. Central defence has signs of becoming a solid partnership 1 in 3 PL games.

Obertan showed good pace and a couple of final balls today. Him, Marveaux and Jonas give us pace on the wings.

Best scored two but was shite otherwise. Still...if he is gonna score then always an option off the bench. Him, Shola and Ba should be no more than that.

Lovenkrands is fucking finished. Should be nowhere near the match day squad. Sameobi and Vuckic should be ahead of him.

Today has highlighted even more so that with a quality LB and ST in we will become a good force this season. Also that RB is an issue also.

3 point, gritty win and going into the break in 6th. 7 points out of nine and only conceded once against Arsenal (they are fucked - Wenger to be 1st manager out) Sunderland and Fulham as well as a place in the next round of the CC.

There will be a good buzz around the place and come our trip to QPR after a nice two week break...with a new ST and LB and full of confidence, i really think we will hammer them.

Happy days!! :D

ferguson isnt capable of playing as a premier league left back, hes not strong enough or experienced enough to compensate the argument for raylor is i suppose that he is an experienced player but hes certainly no left back.

A number of our players benefited from a season in the Championship where they knew their place was reasonably secure because of the lack of alternatives. I think that while we have no LT alternative to SF, we should be playing him. In the mean time we should be petitioning FIFA to allow set piece players to be brought on as required.

IMO.

:D

The Simpson one is the best.

I was gonna say its difficult to be negative about our position, but the thread proved its not really. Look where the 3 teams we've played are.

Bottom place Spurs are clearly a better team than us.

It's a funny old game.

My new chant yesterday was the Elvis classic, Don't be Cruel, don't sell Tim Krul.

'Papering over the cracks'.

is spot on

(ct the win in the league cup was hardly something to be proud of, it took us to extra time to come back to beat a league 1 side)

Tell that to Fat Sam and Bruce etc.

Not a great display by any standards but it still had positives. It showed the manager is capable of changing tactics, it showed we have players who can come off the bench and win us games and it was another win which will definitely keep the confidence within the squad high.

There are definitely plenty of cracks and its excellent that Pardew and the squad are managing to paper over them so far.

There are definitely plenty of cracks and its excellent that Pardew and the squad are managing to paper over them so far.

No it's not. Because very soon the ability to paper over the cracks is going to become the reason (excuse) for why we didn't really need to make any signings over the last few days of the transfer window. We've been here before in case you didn't realise.

No it's not. Because very soon the ability to paper over the cracks is going to become the reason (excuse) for why we didn't really need to make any signings over the last few days of the transfer window. We've been here before in case you didn't realise.

I honestly dont think 3 losses would have made Ashley any more active in the transfer target. Sounds nice but we would be in the same boat with no points.

My point is more its credit to Pardew that he is managing to (so far) get the best out of what he has. We all know he has no control over signings however he does have control over what happens on the training pitch, who starts, what the tactics are, how he changes them and who he brings on.

So far he is doing a first class job, even more so when you see what he has to work with.

We can all take the easy negative pot shots, but credit where its due imo.

I think the negativity is just a reflex reaction based upon every other seemingly positive situation around the club turning to shit very quickly in recent years.

I think previously, 'winning ugly' would be looked upon very positively because good sides win ugly then win some more when they start playing well. With us, 'winning ugly' is seen as the preamble to an arse kicking in the future because people have extrapolated their mistrust of the board to the players and the manager. Who could blame them.

Who can honestly say they blame supporters who automatically expect the worst while we still have Ashley in charge?

I try not to be too negative. Despite what some may think. But its difficult when you look at what has gone before. Yesterday, when Krul was in the middle of having an outstanding performance, I thought, 'I wonder how much we'll sell him for'. I think thats just the way things work around here now and most of us have realised that.

Once bitten, twice shy.

I realise I'm a day or two late here but fuck me Best's finish for the second was good

Will give him the benefit of the doubt, but during my drunken viewing of match of the day I couldnt tell if it was world class or if it had just hit his leg and fell nicely. :D

I realise I'm a day or two late here but fuck me Best's finish for the second was good

Will give him the benefit of the doubt, but during my drunken viewing of match of the day I couldnt tell if it was world class or if it had just hit his leg and fell nicely. :D

on the telly (where I'm watching it now) it looked totally deliberate

I think previously, 'winning ugly' would be looked upon very positively because good sides win ugly then win some more when they start playing well. With us, 'winning ugly' is seen as the preamble to an arse kicking in the future because people have extrapolated their mistrust of the board to the players and the manager. Who could blame them.

I have no problem with us winning ugly, frankly I'll take any three pointer.

What I do have an issue with is the sudden wankfest on twitter where people are talking top 4 finishes and stating "fantastic result".

It was a sloppy win over Fulham against the run of play. Its anything but European form. We've done well over the first 3 games but none of the performances instill confidence that the seasons going to be a good one.

What I do have an issue with is the sudden wankfest on twitter where people are talking top 4 finishes and stating "fantastic result".

It was a sloppy win over Fulham against the run of play. Its anything but European form. We've done well over the first 3 games but none of the performances instill confidence that the seasons going to be a good one.

You do realise that the majority of these will be the younger Newcastle fan who are quite within their right to get excited by games and dream the impossible.

People always get carried away though. Personally I think we're looking at anywhere between about 8th and 14th as it's all much of a muchness. Surely people saying top 4 are taking the piss though.

You do realise that the majority of these will be the younger Newcastle fan who are quite within their right to get excited by games and dream the impossible.

If you're too young to realise that a scrappy win over Fulham is anything but a fantastic win then you should be too young to use a computer.

If you're too young to realise that a scrappy win over Fulham is anything but a fantastic win then you should be too young to use a computer.

:D