American Samoan Sprinter

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome natural athlete, imagine how good he could be if he actually gave a shit. Scores low on the respect-o-meter tbf.

His 9.68 that he ran when over the finishing line practically sideways :D Can you imagine what time he might have posted if he ran flat out

24781_Celebutopia-Usain_Bolt-men08s_100-meter_final_during_Beijing_2008_Olympics-06_122_374lo.JPG

Awesome natural athlete, imagine how good he could be if he actually gave a shit. Scores low on the respect-o-meter tbf.

His 9.68 that he ran when over the finishing line practically sideways :D Can you imagine what time he might have posted if he ran flat out

24781_Celebutopia-Usain_Bolt-men08s_100-meter_final_during_Beijing_2008_Olympics-06_122_374lo.JPG

This is what I mean, like. That and the fact he reckons he eats chicken nuggets before races etc etc. The times he posts are unbelieveable but despite that, ridiculously you find yourself thinking what could he do if he had a better mentality? I genuinely want to know an all, because it's all about the absolute limits of human capability and I actually think he's capable of better, as daft as that sounds. The guys he competes against with inferior pace but better attitudes must want to wring his neck sometimes.

What you reckon you'd be btw? You're a reasonably pacey striker aren't you-how does that translate over a flat 100m? Somewhere around 12 seconds ish? Genuinely can't remember my times at school, not that I was remotely fast.

I wouldn't pay much mind to the chicken nuggets: Michael Phelps smokes weed and eats pizzas for breakfast. He has a breakfast that is several thousand calories, and a lot of shite in there.

Michael Phelps isn't running the 100 metres against him like. :D

What you reckon you'd be btw? You're a reasonably pacey striker aren't you-how does that translate over a flat 100m? Somewhere around 12 seconds ish? Genuinely can't remember my times at school, not that I was remotely fast.

Nah not now. When I was 19/20 I could have run 100m in 12secs or thereabouts

Nah not now. When I was 19/20 I could have run 100m in 12secs or thereabouts

Thought it must be around that like. You used to hear about Andy Cole and various other pacey players being able to do it in 'just over 10 seconds' (ie prob just under 11 seconds) so around 12ish sounds about right.

I remember when I was a kid Ben Johnson did 9.79 was either in the Seoul Olympics or Rome at the WC, I mind thinking no cunt would ever better that, and what's it now 9.58 he's a freak of nature that Bolt. He needs to pipe down about Man Utd though, I guarantee he wouldn't know who Dennis Irwin is.

I remember when I was a kid Ben Johnson did 9.79 was either in the Seoul Olympics or Rome at the WC, I mind thinking no cunt would ever better that, and what's it now 9.58 he's a freak of nature that Bolt. He needs to pipe down about Man Utd though, I guarantee he wouldn't know who Dennis Irwin is.

It was Seoul (where he was disqualified) where he ran the 9.79. He broke his own WR which he set the year before 9.83 at the World Champs. I think they were in Rome. Good memory there. That race in Seoul was incredible like, even taking into account what happened afterwards. Linford Christie was third (promoted to silver). I think the first 6 ran sub 10 seconds or something.

It was Seoul (where he was disqualified) where he ran the 9.79. He broke his own WR which he set the year before 9.83 at the World Champs. I think they were in Rome. Good memory there. That race in Seoul was incredible like, even taking into account what happened afterwards. Linford Christie was third (promoted to silver). I think the first 6 ran sub 10 seconds or something.

I thought Carl Lewis did a 9.83 tbh?

Edit I'm wrong. I remember the Rome World Championships, purely cos it had the shittest intro music I've ever heard. See Lewis was a vegan too, said it helped improve his speed not eating meat, well how would he know if he never had it? If he's right though mebeez Shola should give meat a miss for a while.

Edited by McFaul

I thought Carl Lewis did a 9.83 tbh?

I'd have to check but I think Lewis ran sub-9.9, i.e. 9.8-something in the final in Seoul. I'd bet a lot of money the world record set by Johnson the year before was 9.83 though. Just because I was a good sprinter as a kid so was quite into athletics back then. Beyond the likes of Bolt and a few British athletes I couldn't really tell you much about nowadays. I'll tell what's good to watch live btw - pole vault. Absolutely mental. They're even good to watch warming up. Proper athletes.

Just saw your edit Stevie. I reckon Lewis wasn't averse to swallowing the odd sausage like :D

I didn't realise he was bent like.

He was rumoured to be. Not helped by Daley Thompson's t-shirt in LA. Lewis was a superb athlete like. Fantastic sprinting style.