American Samoan Sprinter

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, that Colin Jackson too. Eeeeeee!

Think he was meant to be seeing Mark McCoy (Canadian hurdler - that should be a euphemism).

Edited by alex

Btw, I saw Alan Wells beat Ben Johnson in a 100m race at Gateshead Stadium once. That was around 1987, i.e. when Johnson was at his peak.

Imagine Bolt on steroids. Anyone reckon he could do a sub 9 second?

As you've alluded to, it would be amazing just to see what he could achieve if he ran (for him) the perfect race. I'd like to see him train for a 400m as well because I've little doubt he could absolutely smash that record too.

Aye, that Colin Jackson too. Eeeeeee!

Think he was meant to be seeing Mark McCoy (Canadian hurdler - that should be a euphemism).

Mark Bright has to be, thinking about closer to home. He didn't deny it when I asked him on Twitter.

Btw, I saw Alan Wells beat Ben Johnson in a 100m race at Gateshead Stadium once. That was around 1987, i.e. when Johnson was at his peak.

He was jock wasn't he? Good knowledge that like. Maybe Johnson was an average sprinter massively enhanced by drug usage for his whole career, and who's to say Maradona didn't do a few lines before every game?

Imagine Bolt on steroids. Anyone reckon he could do a sub 9 second?

As you've alluded to, it would be amazing just to see what he could achieve if he ran (for him) the perfect race. I'd like to see him train for a 400m as well because I've little doubt he could absolutely smash that record too.

Tbh I'd be interested to see him do the 400 without doing any specific training for it (ie so as not to detract from his main distances) because I reckon it'd be worth the punt. Certainly be interesting anyway in terms of stages of the race.

He was jock wasn't he? Good knowledge that like. Maybe Johnson was an average sprinter massively enhanced by drug usage for his whole career, and who's to say Maradona didn't do a few lines before every game?

He was, aye. I can just about remember him winning the 100m gold at the Moscow Olympics. To say they were austere compared to the ones in LA four years later is no understatement like. Anyone remember the opening ceremony in the LA Colliseum? :D :D

Wells had massive thighs. Seem to remember him in those cycling short things while everyone else was still in skimpy ron hills.

just checked-complete memory malfunction

Thought you meant the Barnet tbh.

I did mainly. :D Not that Traughton had the excuse of running the 100 metres into a headwind at Gateshead.

Wells looked like Dempsey out of Dempsey and Makepeace.

Glynnis Barber was mint an era when even good looking people were ugly.

Aye she was quality. And what a tv show. :D

De de de deeee de de de de. Top 80s Saturday night viewing, but even then I used to think what's this yank mug doing on our screens, and every single episode seemed to be about a youngun getting kidnapped, probably where Paul Wyn got his idea's from.

Bolt is a freak. You don't see long striders, with that higher centre of gravity like Bolt, explode out of the blocks and hit top speed as quickly as that.

On to a different benchmark time. The 100m WR belonging to Flo Jo, who was juiced up to her eyeballs with performance enhancers, will never be bettered - nor will it ever be remotely threatened.

Seeing as though this is the athletics crack thread, I have to say even though generally speaking I prefer fair skinned blonde lasses by choice, Jess Ennis has to be one of the most attractive women anywhere on earth, and she's from fucking Sheffield! She is totally gorgeous. Seems a lovely genuine girl too.