Haris Vuckic

Monroe Transfer

I broke the bones in my hand/wrist playing football several years ago. I had to have a manipulative operation under general anaesthetic and was in plaster for 9 weeks, so Vuckic could be out for some time, although his break may not be as bad as mine was.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 3 weeks at the earliest.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110908/re...2281670_2444382

Haris Vuckic is hoping to be back in training within the next month, after breaking his hand against Fulham.

United's teenage midfielder came off the bench against the Cottagers during the 2-1 win, but was replaced just eight minutes later following an accidental clash.

Vuckic has since gone under the surgeon's knife and is raring to get back into action as soon as possible.

"I had an operation and my hand is good," the 19-year-old told nufc.co.uk.

"If everything is okay then I will probably start training in about three weeks. I can't wait to start playing football again and the fans will see me soon again."

The injury was a frustrating blow to the Slovenian Under 21 international, who had forced himself into the first team reckoning during pre-season. Vuckic bagged friendly goals against Columbus Crew and Leeds United, before coming off the bench in competitive action against Scunthorpe - in the Carling Cup - and Fulham in the Premier League.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-29518680/

HARIS VUCKIC can’t wait to make his return to the big stage with Newcastle after recovering from a hand injury.

The Slovenian starlet sustained the freak injury against Fulham in August, and went under the knife days later.

But the 19-year-old attacking midfielder has been back in training and is smiling again after a month on the sidelines.

Vuckic – who has also been called up by his country’s Under-21 side for games with Sweden and Hungary during the international break – will now be eyeing more bench opportunities with the Magpies, not to mention the Carling Cup fourth-round tie with Blackburn Rovers next month.

Vuckic told the Chronicle: “The gaffer has said I have a chance to show everybody what I can do this year.

“I hope we can keep on doing well. The longer we stay in the Carling Cup, the more of a help that is for me.

“This is a good situation as we get more experience. If we manage to take part in a penalty shoot-out then that’s even more experience, so it’s all good. We are excited by all of it.”

Vuckic, though, is not the only young gun who has been recently elevated to the first-team stage under Alan Pardew.

Sammy Ameobi, Mehdi Abeid and Greg McDermott have all been in or around first-team squads so far this season.

And Vuckic was delighted to see Ameobi junior bag his first senior goal at Scunthorpe United in the Carling Cup.

He said: “I am very pleased for Sammy, as we came through the Academy together.

“Myself, Mehdi Abeid and Sammy have been told we will get our chance this year.

“When Sammy scored at Scunthorpe we celebrated together and it was great.”

Now United tackle Blackburn in the last 16 of a competition that still contains some of the Premier League big guns in the shape of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

But Vuckic – who was scouted by Real Madrid and AC Milan as a youngster – said: “We are happy to play anybody in the competition. We are trying to win the cup so every team we play we are going there to win

Hope he gets a couple more cup starts and a few PL cameos. Looks a tidy player from the, admittedly, little I've seen of him.

Only seen him once on telly this season (League Cup, Forest?) and he struck me as quite slow. Is that fair?

Hope he gets a couple more cup starts and a few PL cameos. Looks a tidy player from the, admittedly, little I've seen of him.

Only seen him once on telly this season (League Cup, Forest?) and he struck me as quite slow. Is that fair?

Scunthorpe, and I wouldn't say slow, no. Just not a pacey player.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111020/happy-haris-im-ready_2281670_2487961

Haris Vuckic starred for the Reserves this week in his first Newcastle appearance since breaking his hand in August and insisted: 'I'm fit and ready for the first-team.'

The Slovenian starlet made his Barclays Premier League debut as a substitute against Fulham, but had to come off eight minutes later.

However, he has been able to continue light training for the last few weeks before recently stepping up his return, and after an impressive display in the second-string's 3-2 win over Liverpool he now hopes for another taste of top flight football sooner rather than later.

"I feel very fit and I'm ready to play," he told nufcTV.

"I've trained hard. I've had a little bit of frustration because I made by debut against Fulham and then broke my hand but it's okay - you have to forget and you have to just work hard when the chance comes.

"I started good in pre-season, we played well and I scored a few goals, and I got a chance in the Premier League as well.

"I tried to play on because it was my debut but when I was it was not possible to play I just said 'doctor, I think it's time to go off!,' so the manager pulled me out."

He still wore a light cast on Tuesday night, but the hand is no longer causing him discomfort.

"It's good, thank God, and it's healing," he said. "I need to wear the protection but it's okay, I just play and that's it.

"I just want to train hard and that's it. If the manager gives me a chance I need to train hard in the Reserves and first-team - and play hard if i get the chance.

"I'll give my maximum and that's the most important thing."

• 11 months later...

Unfortunately I think we have one of those players with plenty of promise who will play a few games a season and spend the rest of the time on the treatment table.

I think we have our very own Darren Anderton in the making.