Macheda

JawD

Although when I consider my last post, there's no way we're going to get another striker with Ashley + Llambias. What I'd say is that Macheda has shown glimpses of quality and knows where the net is. More of a known quantity than Maiga or the like. Not ideal but I rate him as a striker. Better than nothing for sure. Looks like Pards has set up a decent link with Fergie.

PS. Let's hope he's not like Rossi a few years back.

Aye, all over twitter but I got it from

Marcotti Gabriele Marcotti

RT @dimarziotweet: #footballtransferts #Macheda from #Manutd to #Newcastle on loan

His goalscoring record was pretty shocking on loan last season wasn't it.

Wouldn't be confident. Would have Best, Ba and Ben Arfa ahead of him and if it's a loan then I would rather blood in the likes of Sammy Ameobi and Vuckic.

Please tell me this isn't true.

£35m from selling our star striker and we spend precisely none of it on a replacement (loan, signing-on and agent fees excluded).

It's just beyond me how a club that sold someone for such a vast amount of money in January could potentially be resorting to a loan of a pretty mediocre and unwanted player (I know we brought in Ba but it was always going to be him and someone else). Utterly shocking business and I really hope this isn't true (unless there really isn't anyone else).

Edited by Tecato

Although when I consider my last post, there's no way we're going to get another striker with Ashley + Llambias. What I'd say is that Macheda has shown glimpses of quality and knows where the net is. More of a known quantity than Maiga or the like. Not ideal but I rate him as a striker. Better than nothing for sure. Looks like Pards has set up a decent link with Fergie.

PS. Let's hope he's not like Rossi a few years back.

Rossi was scarcely played, and when he was it was generally in front of a shite midfield. Better than no signing, marginally. Utterly pathetic if this is the end of our movement. A right footed talented yet out of favour utility man to replace one of the best left backs in the country, and an unproven youngster on loan to cover Andy Carroll. Noone to replace our player of the season.

Fucking pathetic tbh, can't see him ever being top quality and he would only block the path of our own youngsters.

Mirror is linking him with the makems so let's hope thats true.

Aye, seems daft when the likes of Sami and Vuckic are just starting to look like they could make the grade (I know the latter has a knackered hand btw). Pointless signing for me.

Fucking pathetic tbh, can't see him ever being top quality and he would only block the path of our own youngsters.

Mirror is linking him with the makems so let's hope thats true.

Aye, seems daft when the likes of Sami and Vuckic are just starting to look like they could make the grade (I know the latter has a knackered hand btw). Pointless signing for me.

Ditto.