relegation

Dr Gloom

Chuffed? No.

I said I'm disappointed yet not surprised.

We got our all important LB and failed to get a ST which IS unacceptable from the board.

What can we do to change what's happened? Nowt. What can we do to change the future of the club? Nowt. Other than show our discontent at matches.

We have got what we have got, FMA is gonna do what he wants to do with the club and listening to advice of Llambias. He is the one everyone should be calling for. A chairmen who knows fuck all about how to run a football club and with a gambling background. Funnily enough decisions made from the board over the last couple of years have been calculated gambles which have paid off financially but not on the pitch.

Of course i would of liked to seen them match our ambition, vision and passion for the club by getting a quality 10mil+ striker and a CB but then didnt. Only late supposed bids for Ruiz and Ridgewell to "seem" as if we are going for them.

Make do with what we have, see if the strikers up their games to prove a point and enjoy watching our "new look team" gel and play some great football. Be positive man. Re-assess in January.

I now expect at least 5 goals from each of Shola, Best and Ba come the new year. A few from midfield from Cabaye, Jonas, Marveaux and Tiote. Maybe a couple from Tayls and Colo.

Enjoy it for fuck sake. :clapping:

:clapping:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team negative/miserable/pessimist will be reveling in this tonight.

Im not worried at all.

I think we will gel into a very creative and hardworking kinda brand. Goals from the whole team making up for lack of firepower. But that presents a challenge to all the lads who can play upfront.

We will still finish top 10 this year. :clapping:

I'm not revelling in anything this evening but where exactly do you get this fuckin bollocks from?

It's not a brand its supposed to be a football team. Fuck knows how we'll get on, it could be great, but it most likely will be slightly above poor, as per fuckin usual. What you're describing is something that we could have been if even half of the 35 mill had been spent, not next to fuck all of it.

If Ben Arfa stays fit we should create enough chances to avoid getting dragged into the relegation fight. If he doesn’t (or fails to find his form after a year out injured) trouble beckons.

The first choice eleven look OK - if you presume the players we have signed aren’t going to live up to their bargain basement price tags - but the squad is thinner than ever and injuries and suspensions could leave us fielding one of the weakest sides in the division.

The bottom line is if you don’t invest money in squad development you go backwards and we can’t buck the trend forever, at some point our negative investment will catch up with us. I don’t think we’ll go down this season but if we get dragged into the dogfight the shitty foundations on which the club is now built will crumble.

Good post. Sums up my feelings.

If I'm honest I don't think we will be relegated. Bur one or two serious injuries to key players could see us getting pulled into a scrap. The real crushing blow is we were just 3 or 4 signings away from a squad that could challenge for top 6. Instead I reckon we're looking at bottom 6-8 again. A 10-15m net investment would have been enough but after a 30m net inflow in jan we break even this summer. Another dangerous gamble from mike that could come back to bite him on the arse.

You can fuck right off. We won't be in the top half, but we aren't going to be relegated.

We have a better team than the one that went down because now we at least have players who give a fuck.

if we got relegated this season, how many of the players in the current squad who were good enough to get a move back to a top league, would stay and fight?

Chuffed? No.

I said I'm disappointed yet not surprised.

We got our all important LB and failed to get a ST which IS unacceptable from the board.

What can we do to change what's happened? Nowt. What can we do to change the future of the club? Nowt. Other than show our discontent at matches.

We have got what we have got, FMA is gonna do what he wants to do with the club and listening to advice of Llambias. He is the one everyone should be calling for. A chairmen who knows fuck all about how to run a football club and with a gambling background. Funnily enough decisions made from the board over the last couple of years have been calculated gambles which have paid off financially but not on the pitch.

Of course i would of liked to seen them match our ambition, vision and passion for the club by getting a quality 10mil+ striker and a CB but then didnt. Only late supposed bids for Ruiz and Ridgewell to "seem" as if we are going for them.

Make do with what we have, see if the strikers up their games to prove a point and enjoy watching our "new look team" gel and play some great football. Be positive man. Re-assess in January.

I now expect at least 5 goals from each of Shola, Best and Ba come the new year. A few from midfield from Cabaye, Jonas, Marveaux and Tiote. Maybe a couple from Tayls and Colo.

Enjoy it for fuck sake. :clapping:

:icon_lol:

"make more empty headed guesses"

:clapping:

Slightly knee jerk.

fwiw, I reckon we'll struggle a little this season but not relegated. As much as I dont like Pardew I reckon the players like him and thats the main thing I guess.......

Yet another wait and see................

oh, and I hope Mike and Dekka catch aids and die!

Team negative/miserable/pessimist will be reveling in this tonight.

Im not worried at all.

I think we will gel into a very creative and hardworking kinda brand. Goals from the whole team making up for lack of firepower. But that presents a challenge to all the lads who can play upfront.

We will still finish top 10 this year. :clapping:

Time for you to Dzeko up the £50 to charity.

We'll probably end up about the same as last year if we're lucky imo. Anyone that thinks we'll do better than that it's blatantly either off their heads or just complete fuckwits, I can't see us being relegated but I see nothing positive in how our club is being run at present. Basically we've become one of the teams that disappears in to lower half obscurity while selling their better performing players year in, year out so the fat cunt at the top can make a tidy profit for his back pocket.

Once we get a couple injuries in the first team then i think we will struggle.

Most people on here at the beginning of the transfer window were saying we need at least a LB/RB/Winger and two strikers and that was without Enrique/Barton and Nolan going, and then once it sunk in we werent going to get the players that we though we needed, due to the board being fuck-ups we seemed to be happy at just replacing players that we sold, and then when it came to the end of the transfer window we havent even done that. Barton and Carroll havent been replaced and wont be replaced, this was the transfer window to push on and build a team and we havent done that, and now were being built to just survive and do nothing more and it's a joke its what we've become

AND DEANO WILL YI FUCK OFF POSTING THAT SMILEY HOLDING UP THE TOON SCARF FFS! I used to like it until you post in in every fucking post. I hate it more than the :clapping: that Leazes used after every sentence and on that note I cant wait for the Leazes smugfest over the next few days :clapping:

If we get relegated this season we are forever fucked and will probably never get up again the next 10-20 years.

That I agree with. All the steel that got us back up last time is now out the door.

we have started well buy drawing against arsenal and wining against scumberland so relegation wont happen but i do hope we stay in the top half its not so bad now but we need to keep it up

True we have started well, but you could argue we played Arsenal in the middle of their crisis and a Jet-lagged Fulham.

I don't think we can judge what direction we are headed until we play the likes of WBA, Stoke etc, if we have improved at all we won't let these sort of teams turn us over like last year.

we have started well buy drawing against arsenal and wining against scumberland so relegation wont happen but i do hope we stay in the top half its not so bad now but we need to keep it up

We haven't started well - results have just gone our way.

Arsenal were a mess, so we got lucky there. Sunderland and Fulham had enough chances to bury us. We got these points thanks to our defence and Krul. Going forward we've been dire - we still lack a creative midfielder and a couple (not one) quality strikers - at the very least.

After the improvements the clubs have made during the deadline day, I've tried to do the prognosis of where we will gather points this season. So far this is where I'm at:

Teams we should be able to beat with the most certainty this season, 65/35: Norwich, Swansea

Teams we are regarded as favorites, but in truth a very tight match, 55/45: Wigan, QPR, Wolves, WBA

Teams we are regarded as slight underdogs, 45/55: Blackburn, Everton, Bolton

Teams we need very good luck to beat, 40/60: Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, Aston Villa

Teams we need excessive luck to even draw, 35/65: Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool

Teams we can't beat, 20/80: Chelsea, Man Utd, Man city

Edited by Aeris

My prediction is already in the Prediction thread - bottom three. I'm sticking to it. Hell, no one knows what will happen. I could be wrong (I told someone on here prior to us going down the last time - in November - that I thought we would be relegated, though, so bear that in mind :clapping: ), I hope I am, but I believe there is one hell of a monumental gamble going on here by LardAsh. A team with a few untried PL players. No top, or near-top, class striker. Who comes in if Tiote gets suspended/injured/ACN (That is a major concern for me) ???

I haven't seen us at all this season, so my prediction is obviously flawed. However, if you go to the Fulham thread you will see "Great save Krull" and then another "Another good save Krull", which gets my suspicions aroused. I read about S Ameobi and he's gonna be a star and that goal v Scunthorpe was fantastic. Well, having seen the clip of it on here, I don't see anything fantastic at all; I see a young energetic lad up against jaded defenders. Good finish, but if he can't do that to start with he has no place as a striker on a football pitch.

We're all entitled to our opinions and we wont know until the fat lass is singing next year. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Who comes in if Tiote gets suspended/injured/ACN (That is a major concern for me) ???

Even replacing one Tiote at his best with Guthrie, Smith and Perch all together at the same time wouldn't give us the proper back-up.

You can fuck right off. We won't be in the top half, but we aren't going to be relegated.

We have a better team than the one that went down because now we at least have players who give a fuck.

Seriously?

You believe we have a squad of players who give a fuck?

We got rid (rightly or wrongly) of those that did, Nolan, Barton, Enrique and are desperate to peddle Harper and replaced them with others who have had issues either with injuries or their attitude. Its a different topic whether these players are more gifted/ better prospects than those theyve replaced but theres nothing at all to show that the squad we have will take the bull by the bollocks if we go on a losing streak.

After the improvements the clubs have made during the deadline day, I've tried to do the prognosis of where we will gather points this season. So far this is where I'm at:

Teams we should be able to beat with the most certainty this season, 65/35: Norwich, Swansea

Teams we are regarded as favorites, but in truth a very tight match, 55/45: Wigan, QPR, Wolves, WBA

Teams we are regarded as slight underdogs, 45/55: Blackburn, Everton, Bolton

Teams we need very good luck to beat, 40/60: Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, Aston Villa

Teams we need excessive luck to even draw, 35/65: Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool

Teams we can't beat, 20/80: Chelsea, Man Utd, Man city

Fucking hell. :clapping:

Demba Ba certainly came to a worse team than he got relegated with.

Total and utter bollocks, I wouldn't have had one player other than him from West Ham's team, including Parker who I was glad we were rid of the first time.