NUFC Statement

JawD

HF , im posting this as Devils Advocate etc, but the second bit - isn't that what's generally happening with the L7 displaced ?

As you say - total vicious circle across the board like .

MA's got everyone lookng at the back of their own heads

#heswinning B)

Not sure how it's devils advocate there? What is generally happening with the L7 displaced?

Ok, specifically "fans meeting up to wallow in self pity"

It’s a fair point HF. All this woe is me I’m going to stand up and piss off everybody in protest at being moved by the nasty FMA stuff, it looks a lot like wallowing in self pity? Surely supporters at other grounds have been moved and they don’t leave themselves open to scorn and ridicule by spitting their dummies out.

See above.

The minority that are being twats about it are doing no-one any favours...but they aren't organising meetings to discuss how many bedsheets it'll take to get the whole stadium stood up.

I appreciate youve used a degree of exaggeration for effect there, and would also say i was simply provoking debate rather than implicating yourself .specifically . At the end of the day the tragedy is its all back to fans' infighting !? I'd obviously sooner be championing a healthy, successful , united setup (of a club) but as ive said i'm more trying to point out how he's dividing folk to purposefully cause this unrest imo . . and by virtue of me typing this in the first place, he's actually 'got one over' on me ! All wasted energy in regards of 'supporting' NU .

I jacked a couple of seasons into the cunt landing so it shouldn't be much hair off me arse as Im not 'putting anything in' as it were

but commenting on what I see him doing, which I actually deem offensive .

It's bullshit from tip to toe .

Abso-bloody-lutley

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . and the point I'm trying to make given the precluding dozen or so posts here is if this is looked at from a distance, all the various factions of supporters that have their own particular 'cause for concern' (take your pick from - puppet? No.9 ? naming/advertising? shitting on idols? relocations etc etc etc) means there isn't destined to be a focused "protest" (for want of a better word) and the created infighting and spin-off politics amongst supporters groups, the club adding to the confusion with fans' consultations that were/never were, all stirred up when required and instructed by his grip and manipulation of the media and the sad and inamaginably frustrating state of affairs is he's the only winner for now and as much as I despise saying it , it's almost become 'put up or shut up' (or they'll now fucking ban you !)

To be honest, a Pat Nevin radio commentary is more cohesive than the above, but it's becoming harder by the day to convey the anger of the whole hoax that's unfolding up there .

The big problem you have LTB is that the overwhelming majority just want to turn up on a Saturday, have a few pints, a bit of craic with friends and watch the match.

They then go back to reading the odd bit of Newcastle news in the sun or on Look North.

It's a minority who take to the forums and chew over every last detail relating to NUFC. This leads to a mis-guided view of what most fans think or more how bothered they are, which is why protests will never work.

It's pretty clear to me that if people didn't feel abdicated enough to march or boycott over Keegan, they are never going to do it on not getting a striker or changing a sign.

It's a bit like when you get talking to a political activist and they rant on about all sorts. All probably very important stuff but.......nowhere near on your daily radar and definitley not something your going to march against.

Guest Your Name Here
So no striker signed, a bland self congratulatory statement is issued, and lo and behold a rash of stories appear about Ben Arfa's imminent return from injury.

They must think we're fucking stupid.

Perhaps they’re right?

Coming hot on heels of the fan pleasing end to the transfer window, I found myself thinking ‘replacing the club’s name on the east stand with a SD advert will surely be the last straw’ and other stupid thoughts like ‘this has to be the straw that finally stirs supporters in action' and ‘there’s no way we’ll carry on turning up like a bunch of compliant sheep who like getting shitted on after this’.

Then I thought ‘but we’ve spent the best part of four years letting this bloke disrespect us and our club without ever trying to give him a metaphoric kick in the balls’ and ‘every time anyone suggests a serious protest the response is it’ll make no difference so let’s do fuck all’

Does this make us stupid or loyal? Answers on a postcard to GetOutOfOurClubUFatCockneyBastard@St James Park.

I think we're starting to become to protests what the scousers are to overwrought comedy grieving. Every fucking time there's a disappointing decision made there's an embarrassing period of boycoutt and protest talk which comes to nowt . The default position of a football fan is to be pissed off with their chairman. Enjoy the panto villain, go to games and sing nasty songs about him, but save the protest talk for when we're at the other end of the tabke or close to administration

I wouldn’t call kicking KK out and getting relegated, renaming the ground and removing the name of the club from the East Stand disappointing. I’d call it an insult to the club and its supporters, and not the run of the mill stuff most owners indulge in. Not sure being fed a load of shit and having zero ambition could be classed as merely disappointing either.

If you went to a restaurant and the waiter spat in your food would you class that as disappointing?

All things that have happened st many other clubs tbh.

Boycoutter's should be an object of scorn and ridicule, and pretty much are elsewhere. No problem whatsoever with anyone who has decided the fat cunt is taking no more money off them personally, but how many more times are we gonna have the charade of fans meeting up to wallow in self pity and then remembering there's fuck all we can do.

Name one.

For Kevin Keegan see Alan Curbishley at West Ham

For Relegation see West Ham

For renaming a stand see the Dr Martens stand....at West Ham

Keegan’s stature at Newcastle is in no way comparable with that of Curbishly at West Ham.

The East Stand isn’t being renamed (well not yet) it’s having the name of the club removed to make way for some sports direct advert. To the best of my knowledge the DM stand (which was renamed when it was rebuilt) doesn’t have DM written on it in big letters (not even on the roof) but does have the words West Ham United written on the external facia. And of course the key point.... Dr Martins will be paying for the privilege.

West Ham were relegated.... and then bought our captain and top scorer.

All in all a weak as piss example. Care to try again?

Edited by Your Name Here

Guest Your Name Here
. . and the point I'm trying to make given the precluding dozen or so posts here is if this is looked at from a distance, all the various factions of supporters that have their own particular 'cause for concern' (take your pick from - puppet? No.9 ? naming/advertising? shitting on idols? relocations etc etc etc) means there isn't destined to be a focused "protest" (for want of a better word) and the created infighting and spin-off politics amongst supporters groups, the club adding to the confusion with fans' consultations that were/never were, all stirred up when required and instructed by his grip and manipulation of the media and the sad and inamaginably frustrating state of affairs is he's the only winner for now and as much as I despise saying it , it's almost become 'put up or shut up' (or they'll now fucking ban you !)

To be honest, a Pat Nevin radio commentary is more cohesive than the above, but it's becoming harder by the day to convey the anger of the whole hoax that's unfolding up there .

:D True, but it illustrates the key point. We’re too busy fighting each other to fight the person who is causing all the trouble. Take HF’s contining use of the word bouycott. All it proves is a handful of kids with nothing more at their disposal than a bed sheet and some paint can’t spell, yet it is put forward as an example of why any protest has to be an embarrassing failure. As an excuse for doing fuck all but moaning on the interweb.

My view is that for our own self respect we need to do something that shows the watching world we do care about the club’s heritage/ shitting on idols / shitting on the fans / shitting on ambition etc. NUFC is a big club and shouldn’t be run like a third world corner shop. The idea we can’t do anything is nonsense... MU had their yellow and green scarves. It might not have brought ginger pants to his knees but it sent out a clear message.

We’re just bending over and taking it.

Guest Your Name Here
The big problem you have LTB is that the overwhelming majority just want to turn up on a Saturday, have a few pints, a bit of craic with friends and watch the match.

They then go back to reading the odd bit of Newcastle news in the sun or on Look North.

It's a minority who take to the forums and chew over every last detail relating to NUFC. This leads to a mis-guided view of what most fans think or more how bothered they are, which is why protests will never work.

It's pretty clear to me that if people didn't feel abdicated enough to march or boycott over Keegan, they are never going to do it on not getting a striker or changing a sign.

It's a bit like when you get talking to a political activist and they rant on about all sorts. All probably very important stuff but.......nowhere near on your daily radar and definitley not something your going to march against.

That’s true to an extent. However... who does all the booing then? Who is it that is so pissed off with one bad result they have to vent their fury at the players?

The best interests of the club would have been to secure a striker, at the very least a loan player like bendtner rather than no one if the club couldn't agree a fee or wages for a player on a permanent deal.

You're right like Chrimbo, i used to go for the day out and couldnt care about the behind the scenes caper and pretty sure it's still mainly the case. The irony and headwreking bit about not going (5 times a season or so since wrapping [partly through mates fucking it off and own circumstance]) is I've become more interested with the non-footballing side and the club generally. (Not purporting to be much the wiser btw!) My experience of attending over the last 3-4 years has been one of a bowl of apathy . Sorry like, but it's simply shit going to the match nowadays . The bit i find mystifying though is the actual apathy in there given goings on ?!

I admit to not being the most 'rounded' individual and maybe need more in me life ! but especially with this sickening, insulting signage stunt i really don't 'get it' all anymore !?

. . It's too hard to convey via words on a pokey phone anyhow !

:D True, but it illustrates the key point. We’re too busy fighting each other to fight the person who is causing all the trouble. Take HF’s contining use of the word bouycott. All it proves is a handful of kids with nothing more at their disposal than a bed sheet and some paint can’t spell, yet it is put forward as an example of why any protest has to be an embarrassing failure. As an excuse for doing fuck all but moaning on the interweb.

My view is that for our own self respect we need to do something that shows the watching world we do care about the club’s heritage/ shitting on idols / shitting on the fans / shitting on ambition etc. NUFC is a big club and shouldn’t be run like a third world corner shop. The idea we can’t do anything is nonsense... MU had their yellow and green scarves. It might not have brought ginger pants to his knees but it sent out a clear message.

Damn right (and glad you managed to cobble together what i was getting at !)

The $million question is - what the fuck can we do ?! Maybe not a SOLE 'thing' but cumulative 'things' that get back at him in same way he operates ? Easy to knock it all with a 'so whats the big plan?' but as you say - hopefully with a bit of cohesion and folk leaving issues aside with a view to a common purpose eventually something may develop ?

Ffs if peoples' eyes aren't open by now, then they want to pack it in anyway iyam .

Guest Your Name Here

You're right like Chrimbo, i used to go for the day out and couldnt care about the behind the scenes caper and pretty sure it's still mainly the case. The irony and headwreking bit about not going (5 times a season or so since wrapping [partly through mates fucking it off and own circumstance]) is I've become more interested with the non-footballing side and the club generally. (Not purporting to be much the wiser btw!) My experience of attending over the last 3-4 years has been one of a bowl of apathy . Sorry like, but it's simply shit going to the match nowadays . The bit i find mystifying though is the actual apathy in there given goings on ?!

I admit to not being the most 'rounded' individual and maybe need more in me life ! but especially with this sickening, insulting signage stunt i really don't 'get it' all anymore !?

It certainly is. There is, as you say, an air of apathy hanging over the ground. Like most the people are there out of habit not conviction.

The club hardly feels like NUFC anymore. More a commercial vehicle for SD which happens to involve a pitch, 22 players and a ball. Looking at the falling attendances I doubt I’m the only supporter who feels this way, and I suspect a fair chunk of those who still pay to go feel the same way and won’t be clinging on to a lost cause much longer.

In the three decades I’ve been attending games I’ve never know SJP so lifeless. - so lacking in energy and passion. The heart and soul is being ripped out of the club.

Guest Your Name Here

Damn right (and glad you managed to cobble together what i was getting at !)

The $million question is - what the fuck can we do ?! Maybe not a SOLE 'thing' but cumulative 'things' that get back at him in same way he operates ? Easy to knock it all with a 'so whats the big plan?' but as you say - hopefully with a bit of cohesion and folk leaving issues aside with a view to a common purpose eventually something may develop ?

Ffs if peoples' eyes aren't open by now, then they want to pack it in anyway iyam .

There are many ways for disgruntled supporters to get their message across, but pitching ideas at random is pointless. What I’d like to see is the fanzines/supporters groups get together and try and find out how much support there is for the basic principle of doing something to convey our disgust in an organised way.

If it turns out, as CT suggests, that it’s only few internet warriors who give a shit the idea can be put to bed. If it turns out there is widespread support that’s the time to come up with ideas for making a stand without damaging the reputation of the supporters.

It certainly is. There is, as you say, an air of apathy hanging over the ground. Like most the people are there out of habit not conviction.

The club hardly feels like NUFC anymore. More a commercial vehicle for SD which happens to involve a pitch, 22 players and a ball. Looking at the falling attendances I doubt I’m the only supporter who feels this way, and I suspect a fair chunk of those who still pay to go feel the same way and won’t be clinging on to a lost cause much longer.

In the three decades I’ve been attending games I’ve never know SJP so lifeless. - so lacking in energy and passion. The heart and soul is being ripped out of the club.

Outside of the top 3 or 4 that could likely be written by every supporter in the land.

Football in general has lost it's soul.

Guest Your Name Here
Outside of the top 3 or 4 that could likely be written by every supporter in the land.

True but the process has gone into overdrive at SJP over the last few years. It’s not only about the noise or lack of it either, there’s something distinctly weird about the overall atmosphere at SJP. Downtrodden is the best way I can sum it up

SSN at the moment - having a real go at the hierarchy. Good stuff.

Yep, said it was a PR exercise. I think Ashley will have serious questions to answer now that he is getting called out in a number of places.

True but the process has gone into overdrive at SJP over the last few years. It’s not only about the noise or lack of it either, there’s something distinctly weird about the overall atmosphere at SJP. Downtrodden is the best way I can sum it up

or 'bummed'

Nice one :D

What are they saying?

Just that the bid didn't seem quite right. Jeff Stelling said it was a PR exercise and others that serious questions need to be answered given that they said the £35million will be spent which hasn't happened. Also made the point that why would a player like that choose Fulham over Newcastle.

Edited by Flair

Nice one :D

What are they saying?

Was nowt at all. Didn't go nearly far enough. On about the Ruiz "bid" and Stelling suggested maybe a 'PR stunt'

Background (knowing) laughter with Cottee only one who vaguely questioned it with Mcqueen n Boothroyd patronisingly concluding "maybe he prefered london over newcastle" . Mcqueen talked how he knew Carr n how Ruiz played in previous teams !?

Stupid fucking Beaker-Dowie said next to nowt. Think he was the one on who laughed off camera at start.

The hoax is far-reaching .

Edit - don't forget it was these cunts that pumped the club's shite for them on the night via Goofy bollocks so why expect anything genuine !?

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Guest Your Name Here

or 'bummed'

like a gimp