Leon Best

Christmas Tree

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

We shouldnt miss him too much as long as Ba and Cisse are fit. Then if one of them gets injured Hatem can step up to play behind the striker, if all else fails Ameobi will have to play but thats only if we're really unlucky.

He came on for 5 mins today to chase every thing like his life depended on it. He then proceeded to stroll around like we were 4 up and his first contribution was to dribble the ball 15 yards across the field and out for a throw in

why yay? seems pardews going to start with Ba and Cisse once Cisse has trained with the team a little more

so YAY, shola will come on in the second half! GREAT!

... :no

Yay because he's fucking hopeless and I'd prefer to see him no where near the team again.

Admittedly Shola is equally as inept but at least when he gets taken our of the team it seems to make him buck his ideas up so his next few games are half decent. Best is always simply shite.

Let's just hope the dembas stay healthy til the end of the season and we never have to see either of them again!

If one of the Demba's gets injured and then shola crocks himself (which is highly likely the bloke pulls a hammy washing the dishes) we're down to Lovenkrands starting up front, this is a bad injury for us tbh.

Best is nothing special but he does have a knack of being in the right place at the right time and getting the odd goal. Granted, even those have dried up for him of late but to celebrate his injury considering the other options is a bit silly. I really think he's ok in terms of backup.

Best has won us 7 points this season (Shola just the 1). You might not rate him but there is no way we're better off without him.

But he's been shite in most games he's played (the last three for a start).

Sholas no better, I'm not trying to say he is.

The sooner we get shot of both of them the better, theyre both gash.

But he's been shite in most games he's played (the last three for a start).

Sholas no better, I'm not trying to say he is.

The sooner we get shot of both of them the better, theyre both gash.

Been saying that for more than a year - though I think "celebrating" an injury is a bit too much.

There was supposedly interest in him at the end of the window so maybe having him play - though hopefully as backup - would at least increase the chance of getting rid of him in the summer - maybe even for money.

Best has won us 7 points this season (Shola just the 1). You might not rate him but there is no way we're better off without him.

Exactly, his goal scoring ratio is better than Sholas and he can turn people inside out at times. Moronic that our own fans are happy he is injured

Moronic that our own fans can't see that more often than not his performances actually work against us than for us.

The more he plays the worse it is for is simple as.

If we lose either of the dembas we're fucked because we have no quality in reserve, that doesn't change whether Best is injured or plays tbh.

My sarcastic 'yay' was because I think he's shite. I could have just as easily said the same for Shola (I prefer him slightly but it's just degrees of shit) because I'm a happier man when both of them are out of the team.