Tyneside Cinema gets £3.5Million

Happy Face

Would now be a good time to point out that the idiotic manc didn't even realise that Gateshead was south of the Tyne? :blush:

70332[/snapback]

Lies tbh. ;)

70335[/snapback]

Well which is it? Either you didn't realise Gateshead was south of the Tyne, or you didn't realise that you hadn't crossed the Tyne yet when you stood outside the Pitcher and announced how nice it was to be on the Gateshead side of the Quayside. :angry:

Would now be a good time to point out that the idiotic manc didn't even realise that Gateshead was south of the Tyne? :blush:

70332[/snapback]

He's going to get a boxing on Boxing Day tbh :angry:

70334[/snapback]

I need both of you soopafan's addresses so I can pick you up btw. Sort it!

70336[/snapback]

I know the manc's :razz:

Oh and thanks for the card Samuel :blush: I liked my title on the envelope btw - the postman was suitably impressed ;)

70332[/snapback]

He's going to get a boxing on Boxing Day tbh :blush:

70334[/snapback]

70336[/snapback]

As long as theres nee tinsel or owt in your taxi like! ;)

Mate, if I can I'll see what trains I can get cos its a ball ache for you taking a detour just for me. Its easy to pick the M62 back up from mine but I'm thinking more of you pissing about trying to find mine in the forst place......Cath should know the way like but I've tried following 'Tom Tom' Lennon's directions before. Fucking hopeless! :angry:

Will give you a nudge asap.

You should make Alex should hitch it mind.

70332[/snapback]

70334[/snapback]

70336[/snapback]

I know the manc's :razz:

Oh and thanks for the card Samuel :razz: I liked my title on the envelope btw - the postman was suitably impressed ;)

70341[/snapback]

Nice one re Box's address, Caterina. And Sammy it's no bother mate, I'll pick you up. Trains on Boxing Day will be a nightmare. :angry:

Cath should know the way like but I've tried following 'Tom Tom' Lennon's directions before. Fucking hopeless! ;)

70342[/snapback]

You can get the train then :blush: Good luck finding one! :angry:

Edited by catmag

Cath should know the way like but I've tried following 'Tom Tom' Lennon's directions before. Fucking hopeless! ;)

70342[/snapback]

Yoyu can get the train then :blush: Good luck finding one! :blush:

70344[/snapback]

fil-um tbh! :angry:

Fuck me, with all this soopafan banter it's turning into NO. Do you lot go to home games EH?

70346[/snapback]

To be fair, theres nee 'shoes-off' at home games. Which (meaning the absence of which) is the hallmark of a true soopafan!

Would now be a good time to point out that the idiotic manc didn't even realise that Gateshead was south of the Tyne? :razz:

70332[/snapback]

70334[/snapback]

70336[/snapback]

Mate, if I can I'll see what trains I can get cos its a ball ache for you taking a detour just for me. Its easy to pick the M62 back up from mine but I'm thinking more of you pissing about trying to find mine in the forst place......Cath should know the way like but I've tried following 'Tom Tom' Lennon's directions before. Fucking hopeless! :angry:

70342[/snapback]

I've got your ticket you divvy :blush:

Would now be a good time to point out that the idiotic manc didn't even realise that Gateshead was south of the Tyne? :razz:

70332[/snapback]

70334[/snapback]

70336[/snapback]

70342[/snapback]

I've got your ticket you divvy :blush:

70350[/snapback]

You should get the bus to Scotts to drop it off first. Then hitch it. :razz:

70332[/snapback]

70334[/snapback]

70336[/snapback]

I know the manc's :P

Oh and thanks for the card Samuel :razz: I liked my title on the envelope btw - the postman was suitably impressed ;)

70341[/snapback]

Nice one re Box's address, Caterina. And Sammy it's no bother mate, I'll pick you up. Trains on Boxing Day will be a nightmare. :angry:

70343[/snapback]

16437-Giovanni-and-his-Smart-Car-0.jpg

:blush:

Are there any trains this Boxing Day at all, with it being a Sunday too?

70355[/snapback]

I'd imagine theres summat between Manc and Shitsville-on-Mersey like. Will have a look anyways as its only fair.

Are there any trains this Boxing Day at all, with it being a Sunday too?

70355[/snapback]

I'd imagine theres summat between Manc and Shitsville-on-Mersey like. Will have a look anyways as its only fair.

70356[/snapback]

Are you deaf, numbnuts? I'll pick you up in the station wagon man! ;)

• 2 years later...

Work is almost complete....

At the end of May 2008 the Tyneside Cinema will be back in business on Pilgrim Street, Newcastle.

Our newly restored, accessible building has three cinema screens, including the fully-restored Classic auditorium, the brand-new 165-seater Electra, and our new 100-seater screen The Roxy.

There’ll be a new place to hang out and buy food and drink in the shape of the dazzling third-floor Tyneside Bar, and the much loved Tyneside Coffee Rooms and Intermezzo café bar both make their eagerly-anticipated return too.

You will also be able to explore the history of the building and the history of the Newsreel that it was originally built to show back in 1937.

Inside the new Tyneside Studios, we have brand new, purpose-built spaces for all of our hugely popular training courses and for the production and postproduction of film.

The only downside to this is that it sadly means that we must say farewell to our fabulous temporary home at the Old Town Hall in Gateshead to concentrate on preparations for the new building.

But the great news for the many fans of this building is that we are discussing with Gateshead Council how we can play a part in the future of this grand hall as a cultural venue, and we hope to be back showing films here as soon as we have our Pilgrim Street home re-established.

We thank Gateshead Council for our wonderful 18 months at the Old Town Hall and to say a fitting au revoir we have a couple of cracking new release films and also some of your favourites from our adventure in Gateshead, including the film that you voted your top choice of 2007 in our recent audience survey.

Thanks for all of your support – our May brochure will have our reopening date and the fantastic first programme for the all-new Tyneside Cinema.

We will be screening our last film (for the time being) at the Old Town Hall on Tuesday 22nd April – but the Tyneside Coffee Rooms will carry on trading here through into May.

Not been to the Old Town Hall? Don’t miss out! This wonderful building has been an amazing home for us and for film and you really should come and try it out!

Coming soon…

We will be announcing details of our exciting reopening events in coming weeks, including plans for a surprise event in Newcastle. In the meantime please visit TC100, celebrating a century of cinema on Tyneside!

See you on Pilgrim Street.

If you have any questions

If you have any questions, worries, queries, hopes or requests about our return to Pilgrim Street, please contact us, or call the Box Office on (0191) 232 8289.

The last film being shown at the Old Townhall in Gateshead is Get Carter on Tuesday night at 8. Fitting for a venue that sits under the famous car park from the film.

The "suprise event" is a free open air showing of Dirty Dancing at the monument on Sunday May 4th. There's free entertainment from 8 and the film starts at 9. Shite film, but it'll be a cheap night to get in your lasses good books.

The Tyneside Fil-um Society!  ;) Jesus wept!

I never even realised we pronounced film differently until I went to univorsity (sic). All mancs talk dead camp though but I always knew that :rolleyes:

It's not that you pronounce it differently-you actually manage to completely fail to pronounce it at all. Which for a one syllable word is spectacularly fucking thick tbh! :aye:

Hayton tbh :jesuswept:

huh?? :icon_lol:

I never even realised we pronounced film differently until I went to univorsity (sic). All mancs talk dead camp though but I always knew that :rolleyes:

It's not that you pronounce it differently-you actually manage to completely fail to pronounce it at all. Which for a one syllable word is spectacularly fucking thick tbh! :aye:

Heaton to you and I. I think anyway.

Heaton to you and I. I think anyway.

ahhh penny drops... :jesuswept: