Extreeeeeeeme Migraines

ajax_andy

i take a tablet called almotriptan for mine, very good if you take one as the migraine is starting.

only get 6 in a pack though.

Yeah i think they are what the doc gave me and they work well... can't take one in my sleep though if I have one then like last night :lol:

Just remembered I ate a big piece of Chocolate cake last night after the sauna... I dont usually eat chocolate and it gave me a migraine once in the past.

I reckon it could be a mixture of dehydration and something in chocolate

Could well be the choc cake.

Just remembered I ate a big piece of Chocolate cake last night after the sauna... I dont usually eat chocolate and it gave me a migraine once in the past.

Could well be the choc cake.

Yeah thats the last time I eat chocolate!

have you done one of those food diary things to see if anything your eating may be triggering them?

mine are related to stress.

have you done one of those food diary things to see if anything your eating may be triggering them?

mine are related to stress.

No as I only get them really rarely like maybe once or twice a year max.

The time before this was after playing footy so hadn't even eaten anything really then.

• 7 years later...

Right - I had what I thought was my normal migraine at work yesterday, although quite severe. 

My vision went pure disco lights &  I couldn't coordinate and couldn't get words out but also running parallel to it was an anxiety which I've never had before and hasn't gone away and it's nearly a day. Once the disco lights went out I got the shits really bad and started sweating like fuck. Obviously there's a splitting headache to enjoy in between this. 

I had to leave my car at work and by chance someone could pick me up. Do work have a duty of care if it goes tits up or am I left to fend for myself? 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Right - I had what I thought was my normal migraine at work yesterday, although quite severe. 

My vision went pure disco lights &  I couldn't coordinate and couldn't get words out but also running parallel to it was an anxiety which I've never had before and hasn't gone away and it's nearly a day. Once the disco lights went out I got the shits really bad and started sweating like fuck. Obviously there's a splitting headache to enjoy in between this. 

I had to leave my car at work and by chance someone could pick me up. Do work have a duty of care if it goes tits up or am I left to fend for myself? 

Not clear what you mean by this tbh? 

Severe migraines, gout, the shits. For a young man you are falling to bits. Get yourself sorted with a triptan for your migraines if you haven't already. 

By duty of care I mean - what happens if I just spazz out owing to a migraine do they put me into a taxi or just kick me onto the streets? I couldn't even speak for a while. 

I've had a severe migraines since I was about 14. The gout was borne out of being born wit a single kidney and they didn't discover it till late.

I'll have a look a triptan. 

Just now, Tom said:

By duty of care I mean - what happens if I just spazz out owing to a migraine do they put me into a taxi or just kick me onto the streets? I couldn't even speak for a while. 

I've had a severe migraines since I was about 14. The gout was borne out of being born wit a single kidney and they didn't discover it till late.

I'll have a look a triptan. 

You can by sumatriptan over the counter but I strongly recommend seeing your GP to get one that's suitable. 

The work question, I don't know, surely it would be just common decency for your colleagues to help you? I mean if this was @wykikitoon we were talking about I could see your concern ( ;)), but you seem canny enough to have mates?

• Haha 1

Fucking hell Tom, sounds scary. 

I had a similar experience once. I was getting what the doctor described as auras. Freaky as fuck. Thought I was having an acid trip flashback at work, of all places, before concluding I almost certainly had a brain tumour. Turns out my symptoms, which were similar to a migraine, were caused by low blood sugar - I was experimenting with intermittent fasting at the time. Never again.

Edited by Dr Gloom

It's rank like - that's what kicks off my migraines. For a second it looks like there's a bit of a word missing and then suddenly there's a bit of everything missing and the lights are dancing and your hands are swollen up. 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No nothing about migraines however just took a man upto the Spire hospital in Washington who says he used to suffer severe migraines 3 x a week. Got reccomended to see a chiropractor and now has one attack every 6 months.

:lol:

Aye, right Tom, go and see a quack back doctor for your migraines, makes sense. 

Or maybe see a real doctor with real treatments........ 

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure that if an employer suspects an employee of being under the influence on alchohol then they have a duty to make sure they don't drive and to provide an alternative way home. It should be the same principle with the migraines you're having. @strawb would probably be the man to answer this.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Aye, right Tom, go and see a quack back doctor for your migraines, makes sense. 

Or maybe see a real doctor with real treatments........ 

As I said, I know nothing about migraines and am simply passing on a first hand encounter.

After a quick google however, the National migraine charity does say this.

How can chiropractic help manage my migraine?

Chiropractic care can help decrease the frequency and duration of migraine headaches, particularly in those who have a cervicogenic/mechanical component to their migraines. Often migraines are multifactorial, which means that they can be triggered by a number of different factors, therefore chiropractic care may be beneficial in the co-management of migraine.

I agree however a proper doc should always be first port of call :)