Extreeeeeeeme Migraines

ajax_andy

It’s amazing how often CT uses google in relation to, I mean has just had someone in his taxi with an opinion about something or experience of something being discussed on here. 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

MilanLab - the A.C Milan Sports Science clinic, reckons they healed Clarence Seedorf's groin injury by taking out his wisdom tooth :lol: 

I’ve heard it’s a common cause of injuries. A taxi driver told me.

But no, I have actually heard about that before. 

• Haha 2

Yeh there was a great article about it a few years ago but I imagine the people involved were of the utmost professional quality, especially as if IIRC - the lab was largely funded by Adidas .

No don't - that's a wise angle. I was certainly panicking mind but the cause was from the pain/visual impairment and that I couldn't speak. 

It'd never happened to me at work when I've had the car so basically I was wondering what on earth I'd do.

Mrs Fish has had Cluster Headaches before and was prescribed tramadol (sp?). Dunno if they're exactly the same symptoms, but she certainly had the anxiety, headaches fucked up vision (actually getting something like tunnel vision). Only reason we knew what it was is because I've a mate who's a Dr and she's had them herself.

54 minutes ago, strawb said:

Work do have a duty of care to you but I’m confused about the question, is it regarding getting your car home or you? 

Me! I'm allowed to keep the car on site If I give notice.

17 hours ago, Tom said:

By duty of care I mean - what happens if I just spazz out owing to a migraine do they put me into a taxi or just kick me onto the streets? I couldn't even speak for a while. 

I've had a severe migraines since I was about 14. The gout was borne out of being born wit a single kidney and they didn't discover it till late.

I'll have a look a triptan. 

My old place gave zero fucking shits when I had a sezuire in their office the utter cunts.  I could have taken it further.

Did you see a first aider?

Hope you're better mate.  Get lots of rest and make sure you're drinking plenty of water and less cans :lol:

If it’s going to be an ongoing condition or you are worried about it happening again, first point of call (after the doctor) would be HR to make them aware of it, it may fall under a protected characteristic (i.e disability but I’m not an expert on that). They should raise it with whoever is looking after H&S and they should come and speak to you about it. The discussion should include any reasonable adjustments they can make (these usually come from the doctors or occy health) such as more regular breaks or job rotation and what you feel like you require from them, should result in a personal risk assessment that you agree with H&S and HR, kind of like a PEEP for disabled people in event of a fire.

Ultimately if it happens at work an ambulance might be called which which would mean you wouldn’t have to worry about getting home. Legally there is no reason another employee couldn’t take you home, although this can change depending on if it’s a company vehicle (check with insurance) or if these “episodes” come in pairs, in that case it needs raising with the H&S and a plan made for letting you “wait” it out until you feel capable of being taken home.

Clear as mud.