Work wankers

Gemmill

Could be a tricky one tonight...Mrs P's German relatives who moved to South Africa in the 60's are over for dinner at her parents...The mix is definitely edgy..Must be on best behaviour... :lol:

Plus I'll have to make some bullshit excuse so I can duck out for the game...

Parky is there a racist under-current in Germany against Turks, because German Turks, are like our English Pakistani's in that they're the biggest immigrant group. Are there places like Burnley and Oldham over there that are particularly bad for racism.

Could be a tricky one tonight...Mrs P's German relatives who moved to South Africa in the 60's are over for dinner at her parents...The mix is definitely edgy..Must be on best behaviour... :lol:

Plus I'll have to make some bullshit excuse so I can duck out for the game...

Parky is there a racist under-current in Germany against Turks, because German Turks, are like our English Pakistani's in that they're the biggest immigrant group. Are there places like Burnley and Oldham over there that are particularly bad for racism.

The Germans do racism subtly against the Turks (due to being ridden with guilt by their history). And its age realted as well. The older Germans are more or less xenophobes but try to hide it and the younger Germans make the effort to mix. Is there an undercurrent of racism? IMO there certainly is...And against pretty much all non-Germans inc the most recent influx of Afghans (who are a lovely people and I count a couple of lads as friends - Yusuf and Ismael).

I did a sit down protest a couple of weeks ago cause my local Turkish cafe isn't allowed to put seats outside in the square like all the other bars and they have been protesting about this for a while...The authorities don't deem them posh enough is my best guess and are hiding behind licensing and other vague rules.

We put chairs and tables outside and had a party basically and the police came and ignored it realising it was only for the day...The police can be very soft here.

Germany is basicaly crap at multi-culturalism and I hear a lot of it cause I'm english and the Germans feel freer when talking to me..They wanted the turks to work and then go back home (which was the original idea iirc) and question why they stated and started communities. The Turks are much more aggressive than the Asians in Eng and basically take little shit and in some instances perhaps haven't made the effort to mix into the culture themselves. Many turkish families will speak turkish at home and so on...There are little ghettos in Hamburg where there is much cheaper housing.

Your rarely see black people on telly here and I go on about the fact that we have black and asian Lords and loads of high up in business and on telly and so on...

Immigration is a fairly new thing to the Germans and my gut feeling is that they aren't really trying to make it work and wish it would go away. You have to understand that the Nord Deutsche don't even like the Southern Germans and also have very little time for Poles and so on...

It's really wierd but I can feel the strain the poor krauts are under, I think they find 'this new world' hard to compute. :icon_lol:

Decent summary that, like. They've got a long way to go with black people in particular. You still get greetings cards in Germany with cartoons of huge-lipped tribesmen with bones through their noses and all (no further context - the image itself is "funny"). :lol:

Decent summary that, like. They've got a long way to go with black people in particular. You still get greetings cards in Germany with cartoons of huge-lipped tribesmen with bones through their noses and all (no further context - the image itself is "funny"). :lol:

These Germans tonight who must have lived through apartheid...It really could go off...I musn't drink more than three. :icon_lol:

So Mrs.P's family left Germany in the 60's for S. Africa around the time the Turks came. Did they leave South Africa around the early 1990's?

It is odd they hate Poles, Turks etc. seeing that half the national football team is Polish or German Turks.

So Mrs.P's family left Germany in the 60's for S. Africa around the time the Turks came. Did they leave South Africa around the early 1990's?

It is odd they hate Poles, Turks etc. seeing that half the national football team is Polish or German Turks.

They're over for a holiday.

Thing is they swallow all that cause of their insane need to win at everything. It was a talking point during the world cup cause it was deemed not enough respect was being showed to the national anthem.

Germany is the only country where a 6 year old will come upto you and tell you off for dropping litter. Yes it's still there. :lol:

In their defence I guess the Germans have been through a lot and they never had the tranches of immigration we did in the 50's 60's and 70's.

All this stuff takes time.

Btw they were cock-a-hoop about the London riots.

Edited by Park Life

Thing is they swallow all that cause of their insane need to win at everything. It was a talking point during the world cup cause it was deemed not enough respect was being showed to the national anthem.

Germany is the only country where a 6 year old will come upto you and tell you off for dropping litter. Yes it's still there. :lol:

In their defence I guess the Germans have been through a lot and they never had the tranches of immigration we did in the 50's 60's and 70's.

That was a good summary above Parky, and it seems to me that the only people they're not totally xenophobic around are the English. Right as well, can't imagine why anyone would be racially prejudiced against the English given the world would be living in caves if it wasn't for us. Even Hitler had a lot of respect for us, more respect than we'll ever have for them.

The bit in bold is a disgrace though, it sounds like kids aren't allowed to be kids over there.

What was their crack about the London riots?

That was a good summary above Parky, and it seems to me that the only people they're not totally xenophobic around are the English. Right as well, can't imagine why anyone would be racially prejudiced against the English given the world would be living in caves if it wasn't for us. Even Hitler had a lot of respect for us, more respect than we'll ever have for them.

The bit in bold is a disgrace though, it sounds like kids aren't allowed to be kids over there.

What was their crack about the London riots?

They seemed genrally happy about it in the sense that for them it was an easy stick to beat mulitculturalism with and confirmed all their angst about cosmopolitan societies..They pegged it as more black and ethnic riots. They often ask me about what England actually makes and that we have no heavy industry and so on...Very proud about their exports (although most of it these days is the chemical industry and Addidas). So many Germans are trained Engineers and architects and the like it seems like they don't take a country seriously unless it makes things.

Will the Germans ever change? I really don't think so. There is something missing in the collective psyche and something 'added' to the gene makeup...They don't really do banter well and laugh at the obvious. I feel sorry for them, but that is waning as they will wear you down with the rudeness and directness of speech. They think England is finished. I had to point out that the only reason they are lending money all around Europe is that their exports won't suffer (they don't like that).

A case in point is that at school my daughter reports that the boys have to do concentration lessons. This is basically that they have to not talk for 15 mins and keep eye contact with each other and not look around the room. Pretty shocking really bearing in mind these are 8 year old we're talking about.

I've been kicked off the 'Eltenrat' (the parents group) because it was deemed I was criticising 'everything'... :razz:

I still haven't managed to teach my daughter how to lie which is worrying. :icon_lol:

A case in point is that at school my daughter reports that the boys have to do concentration lessons. This is basically that they have to not talk for 15 mins and keep eye contact with each other and not look around the room. Pretty shocking really bearing in mind these are 8 year old we're talking about.

I've been kicked off the 'Eltenrat' (the parents group) because it was deemed I was criticising 'everything'... :icon_lol:

I still haven't managed to teach my daughter how to lie which is worrying. :lol:

Wonder if all the kids who fail have to go to concentration camp in the summer :razz:

I've been kicked off the 'Eltenrat' (the parents group) because it was deemed I was criticising 'everything'... :icon_lol:

I still haven't managed to teach my daughter how to lie which is worrying. :lol:

Wonder if all the kids who fail have to go to concentration camp in the summer :razz:

It'll end in tears

Clicky

There is a fat cunt who I work with who thinks he is Peter Kay, who IMO is a CUNT anyways.

He always comes out with shit phraes from comedians. "It'll be in the last place you look" when someone asks if they have seen XYZ.

FAT FUCK!

Wonder if all the kids who fail have to go to concentration camp in the summer :)

:razz:

The people who annoy me most are the ones who don't have considerations for others. One guy I used to work with decided he would be office DJ, despite people telling him they wanted to work in peace, that his music was awful, that he was just annoying. I remember one day someone put on music just to beat him to it and he said something like 'It's a bit early for that, isn't it?' and then about 15 minutes later started playing his own stuff.

Also don't like people who work with other departments but don't listen to their advice. Example:

Idiot: Let's do this. [explains really bad idea]

My boss: That blatantly won't work, why not try this? [better idea, still not great]

Someone else in my department: That's not going to work, why don't we do this instead? [also better than Idiot's idea, still not great]

Idiot: Sorry, I've already sold this and told the client it'll be amazing.

I get given work.

Me: This isn't going to work.

Boss: I know, we tried to tell Idiot but he wouldn't listen, just do your best.

It doesn't work. I have to write a report on it.

Me: How do I write this so it's clear it wasn't my fault but at the same time not blaming Idiot for selling complete rubbish?

Boss: Er...

Soon:

Idiot: Let's do this. [explains really bad idea]

Also, I used to work with this woman who's really high up in the company. She works with some prestigious clients. Wow, just wow.

I've got a new boss and his turn of phrase is grating already. He's always on about "throwing ideas into the mix" in our morning news conference. "throwing it out there" is another personal favourite as is "being across something". What does that even mean?

"So Dan, are you across the Vickers report?"

Across it? I've read it but not sure how that equates to being across it. A, I around it? Over it? Under it? You tell me gaffer.

He's got this really deep monotone voice too. He's a really shit communicator and he happens to have replaced the most charasmatic boss I've ever had.

Started my new job yesterday and had to go out on a visit with another bloke. I could tell he was a tit from about 30 seconds in. Started off by telling me he was on a plane yesterday and it was dead windy, oh and did I mention it was a private plane . . .

Then moved on to ask me if I had any pets. I said a cat and he said Id better not bring it to his house as he has a python in his garage and it would eat it. Why the fuck I would take my cat to his house is beyond me like.

Then told me a story about how he saw someone assaulted at work so he took 6 months off as he was worried it might happen to him

Ill not even tell you the shite he was coming out with in front of the patients

How long do you have to be in a new job before its acceptable to broach the subject of whether anyone else at work thinks he's a twat?

Started my new job yesterday and had to go out on a visit with another bloke. I could tell he was a tit from about 30 seconds in. Started off by telling me he was on a plane yesterday and it was dead windy, oh and did I mention it was a private plane . . .

Then moved on to ask me if I had any pets. I said a cat and he said Id better not bring it to his house as he has a python in his garage and it would eat it. Why the fuck I would take my cat to his house is beyond me like.

Then told me a story about how he saw someone assaulted at work so he took 6 months off as he was worried it might happen to him

How long do you have to be in a new job before its acceptable to broach the subject of whether anyone else at work thinks he's a twat?

Fuck me, he sounds mentally insane. Amazing the people in the national health service today like. Is he a porter?

Fuck me, he sounds mentally insane. Amazing the people in the national health service today like. Is he a porter?

Well you know what they say, the best place to hide a tree is in a forest

:lol:

What a complete twat, people like that you just know they're going to drain your energy more than the work itself.