Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

Tooj

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of all that he starts Shola rather than a fully fit Demba Ba. Crime to humanity...

Ameobi wasn't fit. Or bothered. Or both. Either way it would be utterly baffling if Shola made the starting line up. I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

Neither would KK tbh, no idea why pardew rates him at all.

Think we'll line up a bit like the Chelsea game last year. 1 striker with 3 attacking midfielders. Hopefully none of them will be løvenkrands. Will prolly be Best with Jonas Marveaux and Obertan behind him. Id like to see Ba given a chance though. This is what id like to see anyway, hopefully we'd get more of a link-up from midfield.

I might be hanged by the balls for this, but Id be happy to have Jonas in another position if that means we get to see more of Marveaux.. :razz:

no Id go with that, if we're sticking a midfielder at LB for the forseeable Id rather it was one who normally plays on the left, has a bit of pace and would at least offer something going forward in open play.

Guest Your Name Here

If Bent had been playing for QPR we’d have been stuffed at Loftus Road, and I think he’ll be the difference in a close game. Hutton might cause Raylor a few problems as well and N’Zogiba might have a point to prove... again.

Sooner are later our sluggish starts are going to see us two down in twenty minutes, but AM is a cautious manager so it’ll probably not be tomorrow.

I think it's definitely time we ditched the 4-4-2 tomorrow. Our strikers aren't good enough and it doesn't seem to suit a central midfield pairing of Tiote and Caybaye.

Possibly bring in Marveaux on the left and put Jonas behind the striker (I'd like to see Ba given a go but definitely not strola). Although perhaps Gosling might be the one to play that position.

Raylor has to be dropped but I doubt Pardew has the bottle to go with Fergusson or Jonas at fullback.

The way Wright-Phillips steamrolled past Raylor surely Pardoo can't persist in playing him left-back again. If Pardoo does it wouldn't surprise me if Villa played Zoggy down Raylor's side.

The way Wright-Phillips steamrolled past Raylor surely Pardoo can't persist in playing him left-back again. If Pardoo does it wouldn't surprise me if Villa played Zoggy down Raylor's side.

Who else would Pardew play at left back given Santon is injured? Jonas?

We were over run in midfield last week and offered nothing up front. Id be tempted to have five in the middle lan and one up front. Only works though if the midfield breaks forward and gets in and around the box. Bit like when we had Nolan arriving late in the box supporting Carroll. Not sure who could take up that like. When BA is back its the role I expect him to play.

Jonas? Are you crazy? None of us even considered that. But hang on. He's left footed, offers something in attack, puts in a good shift defensively when playing in midfield, has played at fullback before for his country. Well now, it would seem its not as crazy as it seems. Its a wonder none of us thought of it earlier. :lol:

Jonas? Are you crazy? None of us even considered that. But hang on. He's left footed, offers something in attack, puts in a good shift defensively when playing in midfield, has played at fullback before for his country. Well now, it would seem its not as crazy as it seems. Its a wonder none of us thought of it earlier. :D

:lol: brilliant. My only concern would be if he is able to hold the defensive line.

Edited by Saltwater