Obertan Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Lovenkrants Shola

:lol:

Edited by Saltwater

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember our first match against Villa last season? Wish I still had it on my Fox Box, might watch that instead.... Nah who am I kidding.... I still think we have a chance in this.

i would keep Jonas left mid, Rapey knows that neither Jonas or Raylor are good enough at left back so he relies on Jonas' work ethic to help provide additional cover and double up on any attacking threat

i know Jonas gets some stick but he does give us that cover in defence whilst putting in a shift up front

From .cock

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Tim Krul; Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini ©, Ryan Taylor; Gabriel Obertan, Yohan Cabaye, Cheik Tiote, Jonas Gutierrez; Leon Best, Demba Ba

Substitutes: Rob Elliot, James Perch, Danny Guthrie, Sylvain Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi

Obertan :lol: Is there something actually wrong with Marveaux? Hardly seems to have had a sniff of game time.

Edited by Bonamental

I guess its the whole giving him a run of games thing, try and get his confidence up as a means to seeing him play well. Didn't see the game on Monday, but heard that he did at least put a shift in. Is that true, or just a load of bollocks? Two hard working wingers with no end product alongside two hard working central midfielders doesn't really spell a whole lot of service to Best and Ba.

Not comfortable with that lineup. I was hoping for an extra midfielder because if we play like last week with the same formation we will get hammered. Half of that equation is taken care of with Pardew going 442 again, hopefully the lads put in a decent performance this time around.

A draw will be an excellent result.

Meanwhile, Blackburn look like they could put 8 past Arsenal as well. Puts our result against them into perspective a bit.

Delighted to see Shola dropped. Really hope there's been some focus on Cabaye and Tiote's roles together in training. Praying Obertan can do himself and the team a favour today and give some of the doubters doubts of their own. Would like to see him do well as I think he's an honest player and not as shit as is widely claimed.

Is it completely stupid to think that Ba may be employed differently than Best? on FM (I know sue me) he can play as natural left winger aswell as a striker. Not sure how much hes been employed down a wing in real life. But they could play Jonas more centrally or roaming, if Ba moves to the left.

Ben Arfa...When he will return?

Apparently will be involved in the Forest game.

Delighted to see Shola dropped. Really hope there's been some focus on Cabaye and Tiote's roles together in training. Praying Obertan can do himself and the team a favour today and give some of the doubters doubts of their own. Would like to see him do well as I think he's an honest player and not as shit as is widely claimed.

Hope you are right about Obertan and the midfield. Don't disagree about him being honest and trying, and really hope it is a case of him getting a run of games to improve.

Edited by Bonamental