Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

Tooj

Villa were shit in fairness. Still impressed by our performance.

Villa are unbeaten so they're not a shit side though. They're just not great. It was good show of superiority over another mid level team away from home and we could have had more. It was also positive in that the QPR mistakes were not repeated.

We came from behind too so that should be confidence building.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats from BBC:

Possession

* Aston Villa 46%

* Newcastle 54%

Attempts on target

* Aston Villa 3

* Newcastle 13

Attempts off target

* Aston Villa 8

* Newcastle 8

Corners

* Aston Villa 4

* Newcastle 9

Fouls

* Aston Villa 13

* Newcastle 10

I'll take a point though - they all count.

it annoyed me when le tissier said he didn't agree with pardew saying we were unlucky not to come away with all three points on soccer saturday. more so now i've seen those stats. he reckoned most of the game was played in our half. was he even watching?

Stats from BBC:

Possession

* Aston Villa 46%

* Newcastle 54%

Attempts on target

* Aston Villa 3

* Newcastle 13

Attempts off target

* Aston Villa 8

* Newcastle 8

Corners

* Aston Villa 4

* Newcastle 9

Fouls

* Aston Villa 13

* Newcastle 10

it annoyed me when le tissier said he didn't agree with pardew saying we were unlucky not to come away with all three points on soccer saturday. more so now i've seen those stats. he reckoned most of the game was played in our half. was he even watching?

Probably not, he sounded like a flippant dick when he was put on the spot about it. Anyway it makes no odds really, we should have been tonked at Loftus Road having created nothing so no hardship in just getting a point when we've had the lions share of the chances ourselves.

Interesting day, the QPR result making a mockery of some posts on here after that match and if the performance was as good as I am reading, could mean a re-think for some of the broader points about the level of quality in the side. I see Best is one quarter of the way to being considered a premiership striker. Good. Looking forward to Football First later. What are the negative ninnies saying? Villa are/were shit?

:lol: The spirit of CT lives on.

Guest Your Name Here
Stats from BBC:

Possession

* Aston Villa 46%

* Newcastle 54%

Attempts on target

* Aston Villa 3

* Newcastle 13

Attempts off target

* Aston Villa 8

* Newcastle 8

Corners

* Aston Villa 4

* Newcastle 9

Fouls

* Aston Villa 13

* Newcastle 10

Great player, shit for brains when it comes to punditry.

Re: best....can't argue with his PL goals ratio. Two yard tap ins count just as much as 30 yard screamers. Bread and butter for a decent striker. Despite his lumbering game might just be a PL standard moucher.

Edited by Your Name Here

Guest Your Name Here
Stats from BBC:

Possession

* Aston Villa 46%

* Newcastle 54%

Attempts on target

* Aston Villa 3

* Newcastle 13

Attempts off target

* Aston Villa 8

* Newcastle 8

Corners

* Aston Villa 4

* Newcastle 9

Fouls

* Aston Villa 13

* Newcastle 10

Probably not, he sounded like a flippant dick when he was put on the spot about it. Anyway it makes no odds really, we should have been tonked at Loftus Road having created nothing so no hardship in just getting a point when we've had the lions share of the chances ourselves.

Our failure to turn possession into goals tells it's own storey.

Comfortably the best we've played all season mainlin(I think) due to Caybaye and Tiote although I thought Simpson, Squidward and Ba were a lot better than they have been.

What game was that cunt Le Tissier watching? We were camped in their half for nearly the whole game! Admittedly they possibly had better chances but Krul didn't need to make many saves and their goal had a reasonable slice if fortune with the way it landed to Agbonglahor.

Reasons to be cheerful for the first time this season down to our performance.

This.

Our other games ive mainly been banging walls. This time it was different, really enjoyed the whole game. Our passing was so much better and we played as a team.

Re: best....can't argue with his PL goals ratio. Two yard tap ins count just as much as 30 yard screamers. Bread and butter for a decent striker. Despite his lumbering game might just be a PL standard moucher.

Yet to complete 90 mins in the PL apparently.

Yet to complete 90 mins in the PL apparently.

He's usually fucked after about an hour.

Couldnt give two shaits about whether Best dances the swan lake before hammering it in with a overhead kick, goals are goals. He can be invisible for 89.5 minutes for all I care. He is on the pitch for one reason only really. Everything else is just a bonus, but as long as he taps em in thats more than what 90% of the shite strikers do.

Also, Best`s first touch has the potential to be fucking lethal, its so unpredictable. He looks like a late bloomer to me :lol:

Edited by Saltwater

Couldnt give two shaits about whether Best dances the swan lake before hammering it in with a overhead kick, goals are goals. He can be invisible for 89.5 minutes for all I care. He is on the pitch for one reason only really. Everything else is just a bonus, but as long as he taps em in thats more than what 90% of the shite strikers do.

We aren't good enough as a team to only expect strikers to finish a move off. We have to defend from the front and again today our ball retention on the quick counter was not great.

I thought we played well. I thought Villa gave us more time and space than QPR, which helped. Cabaye unlucky not to score and I thought we could have won it. Don't know why Pardew sent on Ameobi, complete waste of space as usual.

Cabaye getting better game by game. Had spells where he looked masterful today. As I said last week in the long run he'll have more influence on the side than Barton did. Remids me of Deschamps.

How is he reminiscent of Deschamps? They play nothing alike.

Good performance yesterday against an extremely ordinary Villa side. I echo what has been said, we look a striker short of being a decent side.

Got to see one of my heroes on at half-time as well. :lol:

Cabaye getting better game by game. Had spells where he looked masterful today. As I said last week in the long run he'll have more influence on the side than Barton did. Remids me of Deschamps.

Good performance yesterday against an extremely ordinary Villa side. I echo what has been said, we look a striker short of being a decent side.

Got to see one of my heroes on at half-time as well. :lol:

Which is what really bites about the last window tbh.

Got to see one of my heroes on at half-time as well. :D

Awight another french midfielder who plays more like him from the past. :lol: