Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, depending on what your yardstick of 'crap' is.

Certainly looks to have more about him than Routledge so far for my money, but he'll never be a top 6 club man.

Decent enough passing and crossing so far, and even though he's tired after 60ish minutes you can still see the effort there.

A couple of times he's burst forward on the break, got into a decent enough position and then looked unsure of what to do.

Hopefully as he gets more games his decision making and stamina will improve.

Too early to judge.

Do you want to wait until he's retired to judge? He's been pure shite in england. He was capable of beating a man in France, where Joe Cole dribbles through 5 players and has become Pele all of a sudden. If you watch much of Obertan at all it's clear to see he's not up to much. Could do with dropping down a level tbh.

Short answer. Yes. Long answer: yes.

Play Marveaux and bench him. I guess he would make a slight upgrade for Routledge, as such he isnt a complete failure. yet.

Tbh he doesn't really look any better than Routledge so far. But the lads never had a run of games since he came to England so he needs more of a chance than what he's had so far before we can write him off.

Creates his own headwind.

That'll be why full backs seem to catch up to him easily being in his slip stream.

It's too early to dismiss him as shite, but he looks like he'll be a confidence player and he has none just now.

Creates his own headwind.

That'll be why full backs seem to catch up to him easily being in his slip stream.

It's too early to dismiss him as shite, but he looks like he'll be a confidence player and he has none just now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq5DKaLDQeFi89FOFiUgqRISQ9WvRtdLJBJxHQz7OLzDKo1rqx1w

I haven't been that impressed by any of our new signings so far - obertan, ba and cabaye all look like poorer players than barton, Carroll and Nolan - the players they have replaced. Still early days like so time for them all to improve, particularly cabaye. Obertan does look a bit of a headless chicken though for all his pace.

Says it all that the player i was most excited to see warming up was shola's kid brother. He's even got his own song already too. Desperate times.

I haven't been that impressed by any of our new signings so far - obertan, ba and cabaye all look like poorer players than barton, Carroll and Nolan - the players they have replaced. Still early days like so time for them all to improve, particularly cabaye. Obertan does look a bit of a headless chicken though for all his pace.

Says it all that the player i was most excited to see warming up was shola's kid brother. He's even got his own song already too. Desperate times.

If you think Nolan would have done better than Cabaye alongside Tiote tonight then you're an idiot. That was exactly the sort of game that would have passed Nolan by. Barton is a better footballer than Obertan, dont think that needs pointing out to anyone.

Ba looked good when he came on, showed some nice touches.

Good in the air, strong in the tackle, quick to cover back, shite going forward.

I'd amend that to:

Good in the air, strong in the tackle, quick to cover back, good going forward into space, bad when he has to make a decision.

Has a touch of the claustrophobic about him - in open space he looks dynamic and composed but once he's in the box he panics.

Call me what you want but I think he had a pretty strong first half in what was a weak team performance. Got in a couple of crosses and didn't turn possession over, made a good tackle and a good interception, used his body and height to win some headers that you normally wouldn't expect from a wide player. Basically was quite involved and was using his pace well. In the second half he faded into obscurity. I still think he's struggling on two fronts - the first being confidence and the second being not really knowing what position he plays. That's kind of to be expected of a player who was rarely played at his previous club. If would be foolish to not give him a proper chance to settle and rediscover how to play in his preferred position. He obviously has the fundamental ability, plus the pace, plus the perfect physical attributes. The decision making and confidence isn't there at the moment, but show some confidence in him and it all could come back.

I just hope that people aren't so quick to write off Hatem Ben Arfa when he returns rusty as all get out.