Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

I think our only chance of doing well this season is dependant on Ben arfa hitting the ground running. otherwise we are proper fucked.

Can't see why people think Barfa will make the difference. He can't pick up the ball from defense and be effective at unlocking doors on the edge of the opposition box. Cabaye suffered as Barfa will last night. Simpson. Taylor and Taylor will continue to whack it right over his head....and by extension Coloccini who doesn't have a fellow defender that's comfortable playing on the floor with him.

Our best hope is Santos. Like Enrique, he and Coloccini will have to work up a partnership that allows us to play it out of defence rather than relying on the long ball that invites more pressure.

He's never going do owt for us :lol:

I agree with the sentiment that Santon will hopfully change things in that he gives Colo someone to pass to and can link up with Jonas on the left. That will help Caybaye and hopefully in turn Ben Arfa.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were promised carpet fotball

We were? :lol:

werent we? I seem to recall Pardew promising us a more " free-flowing" pas-and-move team? Part of the reason why we got rid of Nolan etc.

The quality of football for the last 2 seasons had been better than anything in the 4 years prior. If he did say that he's a mong cos it's blatantly reverted in these early stages.

We were promised carpet fotball

We were? :lol:

werent we? I seem to recall Pardew promising us a more " free-flowing" pas-and-move team? Part of the reason why we got rid of Nolan etc.

The quality of football for the last 2 seasons had been better than anything in the 4 years prior. If he did say that he's a mong cos it's blatantly reverted in these early stages.

I'm not sure carpet football was the term he used but I'm sure he did talk about controlling the midfield more and playing more football as well as having a lot more pace.

And you're right he clearly is a mong!

I think our only chance of doing well this season is dependant on Ben arfa hitting the ground running. otherwise we are proper fucked.

Can't see why people think Barfa will make the difference. He can't pick up the ball from defense and be effective at unlocking doors on the edge of the opposition box. Cabaye suffered as Barfa will last night. Simpson. Taylor and Taylor will continue to whack it right over his head....and by extension Coloccini who doesn't have a fellow defender that's comfortable playing on the floor with him.

Our best hope is Santos. Like Enrique, he and Coloccini will have to work up a partnership that allows us to play it out of defence rather than relying on the long ball that invites more pressure.

I agree with the sentiment that Santon will hopfully change things in that he gives Colo someone to pass to and can link up with Jonas on the left. That will help Caybaye and hopefully in turn Ben Arfa.

Obviously not the first, but Keegan was always banging on about attack starting with defence. Despite his reputation for having teams that couldn't defend, his priority was that they could get the ball out of defence while retaining posession. It's no mistake he brought in Coloccini and Bassong in his one transfer window. While also getting rid of Carr, Ramage, Rozenhal and Faye.

Dispiriting watching us hoof ball after ball back at QPR, even when we weren't under pressure.

Edited by Happy Face

Obviously not the first, but Keegan was always banging on about attack starting with defence. Despite his reputation for having teams that couldn't defend, his priority was that they could get the ball out of defence while retaining posession. It's no mistake he brought in Coloccini and Bassong in his one transfer window. While also getting rid of Carr, Ramage, Rozenhal and Faye.

Dispirriting watching us hoof ball after ball back at QPR, even when we weren't under pressure.

Yeah, we've done it all season unfortunately which is why I'm pinning my hopes on Santon. Him being right footed is still a bit of a concern for me like. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.

Or none of them made it except for Cabaye. Depends on how you look at it. I cant see any of them being "on their way up" except for Cabaye who has yet to prove anything here. Was good in france but then again Joe Cole looks like fucking Pele down there now, going past 5 players while having a baguette and an espresso.

Santon deflated, Obertan - well no comment necessary there - Marveaux - injured the last coupla years...

I realise its a bit of a cynical approach but it seems to me that since we only want to play half price for anything, we end up with players whom we have to "resurrect", pity.

Edited by Saltwater

Obertan was decent last night. I can only assume those saying he was awful dont play football themselves? I cant remember him losing the ball once and he was given some awful passes with a marker right on his back most the time. Tiote on the other hand ........

I think the more correct question to pose would be : " how many games does a player need to show/furfill his potential"

Its like asking : "how long is a rope".

One million factors, but I think every player in the world knows he can play shit for only so long before being benched. So hopefully at some point he will put his foot up his own arse and get going.

We cant wait forever though.

Edited by Saltwater

Guest Your Name Here
How many games should a player be given, serious question?

What you want to see is signs of progress, indications that game time is aiding development. Thus far Obertan is going backwards. It’s not like he’s a rookie either. He had three(?) years at OT to adjust to the rigours of the PL.

A spell coming off the bench when players are tired and the game is stretched should be the next step. If he doesn’t start to show some promise then chances are it’ll be £3m down the drain.

haven't really got a lot of time, but...

Obertan looked decent enough without being great, on the few occasions we saw him at ManU, thats all, not getting a game in front of Giggs, Nani and Ronaldo is hardly a disgrace, maybe worth a gamble and this was said in a post, started by Stevie, I think.

Comma again :lol:

Edited by Neville Neville Neville

How many games should a player be given, serious question?

No more than 4 here, normally it's 2 games then slated to fuck.

Think we needed to see something in the 4 games. Some spark. Taking on a few defenders, you know the usual winger fare. Something. Was more excited when Baby Doc came on.

Obertan looked decent enough without being great, on the few occasions we saw him at ManU, thats all, not getting a game in front of Giggs, Nani and Ronaldo is hardly a disgrace, maybe worth a gamble and this was said in a post, started by Stevie, I think.

what are you blabbing on about ?

what are you blabbing on about ?

Obertan looked decent enough without being great—on the few occasions we saw him at ManU, thats all. Not getting a game in front of Giggs, Nani and Ronaldo is hardly a disgrace. Maybe worth a gamble, and this was said in a post started by Stevie (I think).

Sorry, Leazes. Just having a bit of a laugh. ;)

Anyway, I agree with what you say. He doesn't seem too dissimilar to when Jonas started ... and also (I said earlier) both Colo and Jose were considered a joke when they started.

I know we can't afford the time to fuck about too much, but it's not like he's an outright liability like some others in the squad. Also, we have to deal with what we've got at our disposal.