Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good cross but. . . . it was much easier to cross it with the left. Reminded me of Viana who used to stand still and do a 180 rather than touch the ball with his right foot

Solano would have curled it in with his right from there, while his pristine left foot was being pedicured. Not that I'm blowing his trumpet because he'd be doing that too.

He needs to cut out the silly flicks. He also always attacks across (pitch) the full back. He needs to mix it up and go on the outside. These are things that can be worked out on the training pitch. Could do with putting himself about bit more swell. He is a fairy for his size.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Looked a lot better today. There's definitely some talent there.

Liked it when he cut inside and had a whack, needs to do more of that.

He had three Blackburn players stepping off him as if he had the plague :nufc:

I thought he was one of our best today. Was always available to run the ball out of defence or up field as an outlet.

If he can play at that level every week then no one can question his ability.

Looked a lot better today. There's definitely some talent there.

Liked it when he cut inside and had a whack, needs to do more of that.

He had three Blackburn players stepping off him as if he had the plague :nufc:

It's wierd how they don't press much in midfield.

Yesterday was the first time I think I'd seen the guy in the flesh. Surprised about the comments on hom here about yesterday because I thought he was shit. He had a lot of possession of the ball but I don't recall him doing a single positive thing with it. It was like we were playing with ten men at times, worse than that actually. He has pace but not the skill or football brain to use it from what I can tell, I don't think this guy will make it in this league.

Mind, this is a judgement after one game for me so hopefully I'm wrong. We're doing quite well so far, after all.

He put multiple balls into the box, rolled a cutback pass to Best who blasted over. Calling him shit based on that performance is ridiculous. Saltwater agreeing has confirmed it.

He put multiple balls into the box, rolled a cutback pass to Best who blasted over. Calling him shit based on that performance is ridiculous. Saltwater agreeing has confirmed it.

Opinions mate. You yourself have just pointed out he made just one goal scoring opportunity in 90 minutes. Nowhere near good enough for a winger imo. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking doing the rounds here, hoping he will come good. My impression, after one match admittedly, is he won't, because he hasn't got a football brain. In my experience players like that, who are not kids any more, won't make it. We'll see I guess.

I think the fact that you are happy with the performance he gave says more about what your expectations are for a first-choice winger. No need to fling poo about others posters disagreeing with your view.