Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me who thinks him and jonas are identical. pacy good dribblers next to no end product?

Jonas gets back in defensive positions. He aint no Ginola/Robert.

Very underrated workrate, tbh. If he had the confidence to shoot when he cuts inside, then he'd be the complete package.

Obertan looked a lot better yesterday than he has so far. But he's been fucking rank so he he couldn't have got much worse.

He still doesn't look like much of a threat to me and I think if Marveau gets in it'll be obertan who will be on the bench. He does a couple of good things but just not enough over the course of the game.

Still, improvement noted but could do better, as they say.

People comparing Obertan and Jonas seem to forget that Jonas puts in a good shift defensively as well. Obertan just walks back Strolla-style.

Unless you are Ronaldo, thats quite annoying. In fact, considering what Obertan has shown - it boils my piss.

Im less inclined to have a go at players who work their asses off. Obertan doesnt.

As Sniffer so eloquently put it, he couldnt have gotten much worse - so being better yesterday far from impresses me.

Yeah. No comparison between Obertan and Jonas.

Jonas has been one of our most consistent performers for awhile now. We've had the debate before that if he could cross and shoot he'd be one of the best wingers and we wouldn't have him because he does everything else extremely well. For arguments sake, name a winger that is as good as Jonas and has a brilliant cross and shot on him. There are really not many, as in a hand full.

Both players like to cut inside of just putting a cross in; either that or they pass it sideways/behind. So in that sense the manager is partly to blame.

It's not so much a case of "no end product", rather it is "not enough attempts at an end product".

That is true. Jonas has a decent cross on his right foot. I don't see why him on the right and Marveaux on the left is not the preferred option. With Obertan in reserve. Maybe not next game because Obertan doesn't deserve to be dropped after Saturdays performance, but in the long run.

Was sat 7-8 rows back from Pardew, to right of box, and all through the game he was telling Obertan what to do. When he cut in then shot with his left, Pardew had told him to have a crack. Kept telling him to take your man on.

Also funny, Pardew told Ba to wave to gallowgate end when were singing "Ba, give us a wave".

Not crap, but not the best either. Basically the sort of player a team with limited resources and ambitions that extend to staying up buy in. Hope he proves us doubters wrong but when you look past his pace, I don't see much of a player .... At least, not yet. He's still young.

Obertan just walks back Strolla-style.

I didn't see the whole game but I did see him lose the ball then do fuck all about getting it back.

He lost it in the centre midfield then threw is arms up in the air and turned his back. The Blackburn player just ran into this space with the ball. Criminal to be honest. Ideas above his station.

He doesn't seem to have learned much at manu. in that he seems to have basic talent and speed but not much else. Maybe you can't teach desire and aggression but awareness is another thing.

So far, its easy to see why they were not too fussed about getting shot of him.

Shhh... Oztoon can hear you sniffer meight. He thought Obertan was FANTASTIC.

What a load of drivel. He went from A.I.D.S-riddenly horrible to "decent", and all of a sudden he is a protected species because we happened to win that day as well.

Rather we try someone else soon..

Obertan just walks back Strolla-style.

I didn't see the whole game but I did see him lose the ball then do fuck all about getting it back.

He lost it in the centre midfield then threw is arms up in the air and turned his back. The Blackburn player just ran into this space with the ball. Criminal to be honest. Ideas above his station.

Yep, that was it.

I think there has been times when he has shown some great attributes and I am sure when Man Utd took him, they seen him as having some good attributes however I am think if someone like Man Utd cant get him playing to his full potential, how will we?

Gutierrez isnt exactly an example of a winger who delivers an end product!

I thought he looked canny on Saturday, he just needs to get his head up a bit more and have a bit of confidence and he should be a decent player for us. Too many people trying to look at faults of players when we're only a few games into the season, at least give him time to bed into a new team before slinging him into the shyte bin.

Alan Pardew - Gabriel Obertan

Page last updated at 11:00 GMT, Friday, 30 September 2011 12:00 UK

Obertan has featured in all six of Newcastle's Premier League games so far this season, starting in five of them

Newcastle United winger Gabriel Obertan says manager Alan Pardew's handling of his squad has been key to their bright start to the Premier League season.

The Magpies are unbeaten in six league games and have progressed to round four of the Carling Cup after a flurry of summer arrivals to St James' Park.

"It has been easy to fit into the group," Obertan told BBC Newcastle.

"It's not the easiest job, but the coach is doing great at managing egos and keeping everybody happy."

Obertan added: "Sometimes there is turnover and you have to explain to players why they're not playing, and he [Pardew] is doing great."

Pardew brought the former Bordeaux winger from Manchester United on the cusp of the Premier League season, to add to the complement of French-speaking players on Tyneside.

Along with players such as Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux, Obertan has been part of Pardew's plans with seven appearances in all competitions.

"It feels great, I came here to play, and so far so good," Obertan continued.

"I'm starting to make my mark on the team, the last game at Blackburn was my best game so far.

"If I can score and make some assists, it will be perfect. The confidence and the trust the coach has in you is the perfect motivation for me."

Aside from Rapey porking players wives, I've heard nothing but good things about his man-management. Danny Mills(I know) was saying he's the bes man manager he ever worked under.

The handing of Raylor has been great.

He does seem to be a manger with variable styles. Can't see him giving Ben Arfa the same rollocking he'd give Taylor.

He's not completely won me over and I still think he's a stooge... however, if Ashley's plan is to run a tight ship and do the hiring and firing above a manager's head, perhaps he's the right stooge for the job?