Bruce pissing Mackem money away?

Ollie Burtons Grandad

Since Mrs Doubtfire has been in running the Land that time forgot XI he has managed to waste around £72m which is over double what Houghton and Parsnip have had to manage with. As the unwashed are fond of saying that they have the best squad they had had for years I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches.

Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart? Personally I think they have a motley collection of overpaid shite. Only Sessegnon looks decent to me.

26 Krul ---- 22 Mignolet

02 Coloccini ---- 02 Bardsley

05 Simpson --- 05 Brown

16 R Taylor --- 11 Richardson

27 S Taylor --- 19 Bramble

04 Cabaye --- 06 Cattermole

18 Gutierrez --- 07 Larsson

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

23 Sh Ameobi --- 28 Sessegnon

25 Obertan --- 52 Bendtner

Substitutes --- Substitutes

35 Elliot --- 20 Westwood,

03 Santon --- 04 Turner,

08 Guthrie --- 15 Vaughan,

22 Marveaux --- 23 McClean,

11 Lovenkrands, --- 27 Elmohamady,

19 Ba --- 10 Wickham,

28 Sa Ameobi --- 17 Ji Dong-Won

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short answer is probably yes, Bruce has pissed away a lot of money on average players. It's hard to telll whilst he's doing such an inept job though.

Is it 72 mill net spend (fees out less fees in) or is that the gross spend? If it's 72 mill net spend he must be a candidate for the sack soon.

By the way, I don't see Sunderland play except for brief highlights (which lately mainly consist of them being pummelled). Even so I'd suggest their full backs must be better than ours.

Aye, Richardson is miles ahead of Raylor now that you mention it. Would agree with the OP to the extent that we have a better overall starting 11 though.

they DID have Jordan Henderson, but sold him. Stupidly, according to some people. I don't think so, personally. I think replacing him with a few ManU bench players was stupid, but according to some, thats the sort of thing we should also be doing.

Scary.

Bruce has lost his way now, but he would never been accepted anyway by them because he is, ahem, a NUFC supporter [don't shoot the messenger on that one]

they DID have Jordan Henderson, but sold him. Stupidly, according to some people. I don't think so, personally. I think replacing him with a few ManU bench players was stupid, but according to some, thats the sort of thing we should also be doing.

Scary.

Bruce has lost his way now, but he would never been accepted anyway by them because he is, ahem, a NUFC supporter [don't shoot the messenger on that one]

So the 'people' were saying it was stupid to sell him, but you don't think it was stupid to sell him, but you think it was stupid of them to buy ex-Man U players, who according to some 'people' say that's what we should be doing...??

Really difficult to even follow where you think you're claiming clairvoyance these days. A lot of that just contradicted itself and I don't think any of the 'people' mentioned above exist. :lol:

in actual fact, a year ago, they had Bent and Gyan, both would have walked into our team too.

I'm not sure who of their current team would get into ours, it says everything about how fortunes have changed for both clubs if you can say such a thing.

It only goes to show, how easy money is pissed away in football. While some people point to the clubs that actually do this as some sort of proof that spending big doesn't work, it doesn't change the fact that if you don't do it, you are fucked anyway.

Scary.

So the 'people' were saying it was stupid to sell him, but you don't think it was stupid to sell him, but you think it was stupid of them to buy ex-Man U players, who according to some 'people' say that's what we should be doing...??

Really difficult to even follow where you think you're claiming clairvoyance these days. A lot of that just contradicted itself and I don't think any of the 'people' mentioned above exist. :lol:

more of your obsessed rubbish. You can't help but try to put me down for some reason, can't you ;) Is it your ego or what ? There is an entire thread about how stupid the mackems were to sell Henderson, shithead. The comments I have posted here were posted, in their entirety, about Henderson and buying Brown and O'Shea, in that thread.

Stop derailing the thread, PP has started a thread asking people not to do it.

Edited by LeazesMag

Scary.

more of your obsessed rubbish. You can't help but try to put me down for some reason, can't you ;) Is it your ego or what ? There is an entire thread about how stupid the mackems were to sell Henderson, shithead.

I'm not derailing it, what you say doesn't make sense. Apparently there's people claiming we should be buying a load of ex-man U players or summat. If that's 'derailing' then obviously it was you that's derailing seeing as you came out with it. Shouldn't need to be pointed out though, obviously.

Scary.

more of your obsessed rubbish. You can't help but try to put me down for some reason, can't you ;) Is it your ego or what ? There is an entire thread about how stupid the mackems were to sell Henderson, shithead.

I'm not derailing it, what you say doesn't make sense. Apparently there's people claiming we should be buying a load of ex-man U players or summat. If that's 'derailing' then obviously it was you that's derailing seeing as you came out with it. Shouldn't need to be pointed out though, obviously.

there are a few threads saying how we should have used the money from Carroll etc to buy lots of other players, the same format as the mackems have followed [and NUFC also followed in the past when they were run by unambitious clowns like now]

Why don't you fuck off man ? You're an obsessed idiot. I won't answer you again here because I don't want to ruin OBG's thread, I hoped people would have saw what I said as part of a constructive debate, but you are ruining it by following me around. You're mad.

In essence, the mackems, a year ago, had some players who would have got into our team. We now have a weaker team, and they now have less players that would get into our team. We have both sold some of our best players and not replaced them. You don't need to be very bright to see that.

Edited by LeazesMag

Anyway, the Mackems will always have to overspend because they'll always have to pay a premium to persuade people that Wearside isn't a complete ringpiece of a place. So when they do bring in big money buys it doesn't necessarily they'll be of commensurate value by any means. I don't think Bruce is entirely to blame for that, I think any manager there will end up paying over the odds for average goods as long as it's known they are prepared to spend.

So the board were right not to spend the Carroll money then? ;):lol:

Anyway, back to the OP, aye they've really wasted some money on mediocrity. Even more so when you factor in Roy Keane's tenure.

Scary.

there are a few threads saying how we should have used the money from Carroll etc to buy lots of other players, the same format as the mackems have followed [and NUFC also followed in the past when they were run by unambitious clowns like now]

Why don't you fuck off man ? You're an obsessed idiot. I won't answer you again here because I don't want to ruin OBG's thread, I hoped people would have saw what I said as part of a constructive debate, but you are ruining it by following me around. You're mad.

In essence, the mackems, a year ago, had some players who would have got into our team. We now have a weaker team, and they now have less players that would get into our team. We have both sold some of our best players and not replaced them. You don't need to be very bright to see that.

Ok, just try and stick to facts then rather than nonsense. Easy sorted. ;)

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

2 questions: Are they meant to be like for like comparisons across the squads? Are you fucking stupid?

Anyway, the Mackems will always have to overspend because they'll always have to pay a premium to persuade people that Wearside isn't a complete ringpiece of a place. So when they do bring in big money buys it doesn't necessarily they'll be of commensurate value by any means. I don't think Bruce is entirely to blame for that, I think any manager there will end up paying over the odds for average goods as long as it's known they are prepared to spend.

I think we've often been in the same position tbh. Part of the reason our wage bill has been so high imo, in the days when we went for established players. I think if you're outside London and not one of the top teams (ie in the CL or thereabouts) then you have to pay over the odds.

They outplayed us for the most part if we're honest about it. So they can't be that bad.

Out of the lot of them though only Sess looks to be a real class player.

Perhaps Wickham could be great in the future. But he'll be sold if that happens. So nothing for them to get too excited about.

I'd rather be us though because, apart from the obvious reasons, at least we have a relatively young squad whereas they have a bunch of has beens and never weres.

I think we've often been in the same position tbh. Part of the reason our wage bill has been so high imo, in the days when we went for established players. I think if you're outside London and not one of the top teams (ie in the CL or thereabouts) then you have to pay over the odds.

I think Sunderland are the extreme example of it fwiw, as evidenced by the fact that none of their players live there.

Any team outside of London will be slightly less desirable to any* player who doesn't put their football first. Which are exactly the sorts of players you don't want in the first place.

*ie foreign

They outplayed us for the most part if we're honest about it. So they can't be that bad.

Out of the lot of them though only Sess looks to be a real class player.

Perhaps Wickham could be great in the future. But he'll be sold if that happens. So nothing for them to get too excited about.

I'd rather be us though because, apart from the obvious reasons, at least we have a relatively young squad whereas they have a bunch of has beens and never weres.

That's the thing that struck me, some of the spending seemed very short term to me. I think Bruce was thinking he needed instant results as he may not get much time otherwise. But it means they'll need replacing in a couple of years or so, obviously out of fresh money

Edited by Kitman

Scary.

Ok, just try and stick to facts then rather than nonsense. Easy sorted. ;)

and the facts are as I stated.

So stop following me around, because I have made those statements, which in all probability you have commented on too. Clown.

Easy sorted

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

2 questions: Are they meant to be like for like comparisons across the squads? Are you fucking stupid?

For the benefit of the terminally fuckwitted I will repeat myself "I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches. Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart "

How about reading the OP before trying to be a smart arse. Twat.

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

For the benefit of the terminally fuckwitted I will repeat myself "I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches. Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart "

How about reading the OP before trying to be a smart arse. Twat.

Try comparing players in the same positions then you piss-riddled senile old prick.