Santon in match day squad for Wolves

jaythesouthernmag

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson/Kadar will have to do

Disappointed we haven't seen more of Kadar as he looked like he might be a good player when he first started breaking into the first team (League Cup iirc). I think he played for the reserves the other day though. Out of contract in the summer though :razz:

Toon boss Alan Pardew said today: "Unfortunately Davide has hurt his knee in training and been sent for a scan.

"It is an injury he has had before, we think it is a cartilage problem."

Cracking bit of business if true.

What was Llambias going on about with 'knee-jerk' reactions? :razz:

Didn't Ant reckon he had a dodgy knee as well?

Ba

Marveaux

Santon

Dodgy knees.

Aye but they were all cheap though. Not that there's any relationship between the two characteristics.

Toon boss Alan Pardew said today: "Unfortunately Davide has hurt his knee in training and been sent for a scan.

"It is an injury he has had before, we think it is a cartilage problem."

I had one of those before & obviously I didn't have the same kind of treatment a player will get but it took ages to go away.

Someone kicked me right at the top of my knee. :razz:

Tom, you said he was a good signing so I'm holding you personally responsible :lol:

Aye I've jinxed it.

Apparently he looked class for the reserves too :razz:

Kadar, Ferguson & Taylor to fight for left back then?

:razz: @ the developing narrative. Within moments of the news it becomes clear that Santon's knee was metaphorically flashing red across Europe 'Do not sign me' but the club being into taking gambles (? aye right :lol: ) thought they would risk it as the pay-off was too great to pass up on. Obviously this was gross mis-judgement as evidenced by the fact all the rest of Europe's top clubs had looked at him and decided the risk was too great.

Like doing a jigsaw puzzle with scissors and glue.

:razz: @ the developing narrative. Within moments of the news it becomes clear that Santon's knee was metaphorically flashing red across Europe 'Do not sign me' but the club being into taking gambles (? aye right :lol: ) thought they would risk it as the pay-off was too great to pass up on. Obviously this was gross mis-judgement as evidenced by the fact all the rest of Europe's top clubs had looked at him and decided the risk was too great.

Not on my part, btw. I assumed he was fully fit, but Newcaslte United, being Newcastle United, something like an injury to a new player was waiting to happen. It's really Ashley's fault as he should have known this was likely to happen and bought TWO left backs, one for a spare :razz:

:razz: