Santon in match day squad for Wolves

jaythesouthernmag

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marveaux passed his medical with us yet failed it at Liverpool.

Any proof of that?

Widely reported.

Edit: Widely mis-reported. My bad.

Edit. Or maybe not misreported, who the fuck knows?

miss widely-ported?

Guest Your Name Here
Yeh as far as I'm aware it was started by Liverpool fans bitter about losing out on a player they were reported to be signing for about a year!

Aye, they must have been right pissed off about signing a proven PL quality winger for real money when they could be picking over europes bargain bin.

It’s hard to see why Marveux would have turned down LFC to join us. Do you think we offered him more money? Or perhaps it was our ambition that turned his head? We don’t know what happened but it’s far more likely LFC pulled the plug than the other way round.

As for Santon. His knee injury wasn’t a secret and clubs that research a player’s background properly may well have been cautious – monitored his progress and paid more than £5m if and when his form and fitness were proven. NUFC on the other hand only seem interested in a player’s bargain rating.

Edited by Your Name Here

If it's cartilage it will be 6-8 weeks. I had private medical insurance from my work. I got to see the surgeon who does all the football and rugby players. My GP had told me I would never play football again. If you get a good surgeon then you can be back in full training within 6 weeks and 8 weeks till match. Shame for the lad cause the rehab is boring! Then you have a ballooned knee you have to ice every 2 hours!

How can you get an emergency loan when you have players capable of filling that position?

Same old donkeys going on about emergency loans without a grasp of PL rules. :razz:

Easy there, your Majesty the Queen. Some of us are just rolling our eyes and hoping for a break for the club.

I don't know why they didn't sign Van Aanholt during the transfer window. He wanted to come here, has more skill than any of our present FB's other than Santon, if not a little lacking on the defensive side than Simpson. He would have been useful as cover.

How can you get an emergency loan when you have players capable of filling that position?

Same old donkeys going on about emergency loans without a grasp of PL rules. :razz:

Easy there, your Majesty the Queen. Some of us are just rolling our eyes and hoping for a break for the club.

I don't know why they didn't sign Van Aanholt during the transfer window. He wanted to come here, has more skill than any of our present FB's other than Santon, if not a little lacking on the defensive side than Simpson. He would have been useful as cover.

Because in Llambias' world players don't get injured or suspended, so it's a waste of money paying for loanees to sit on the bench. Especially when Raylor can "do a job".

Van Aanholt would have been perfect on loan. If he was doing the business Santon could have played on the right. If fit. Oh well.