Bafra: Where do we play him?

Park Life

I think playing him is the last thing we should do. Imagine how we'd feel if he got injured again? He should remain a figurehead, embodying hope of a better future...always 2 weeks away from returning....

Pardew's already said he'll play the number 10 role, which is fine by me. As we've missed a link between midfield and attack this year. Plus there's also the possibility of him and the likes of Marveaux interchanging, which will add a much more fluid and less predictable approach to our attacking play.

Pardew's already said he'll play the number 10 role, which is fine by me. As we've missed a link between midfield and attack this year. Plus there's also the possibility of him and the likes of Marveaux interchanging, which will add a much more fluid and less predictable approach to our attacking play.

Wanky foramtion or STFU. :lol:

Hospital

Nurse Nurse Nurse Nurse

Doctor Consultant Consultant Doctor

Ben Arfa

Bed

Hospital

Nurse Nurse Nurse Nurse

Doctor Consultant Consultant Doctor

Ben Arfa

Back to hospital

Tidyied. :D

My personal tribute to deano

----------------------krul

Simpson-----taylor------colo------santon

---------------tiote-------cabaye

--------jonas-------ben arfa------marveux

-----------------------ba

Ideally between cabaye and ba....on the bench. Allowing lambias to talk about how the squad doesn't need any further investment as the bench would be one of the best around, and marveaux and best not even good enough to get in the match day squad

-------------------Elliott

---Simpson---Williamson----Saylor-----Raylor

-------Obertan---Guthrie------Smith------

------Shola-------Ranger--------Lovenkrands

Bench:

Krul

Collicini

Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba

Sammy

Edited by Neville Neville Neville

Pretty clear he's going to be played off a main striker as I can't see PArdew straying too far from 4-4-2

I'd like to see him and Marveaux (if he performs to the promise he's shown) playing as wide, mobile, fluid strikers, playing off Ba/Best ... Shola :lol:

Cabaye and Gosling playing in front of Tiote who in turn is playing in front of a flat back four of Simpson, Taylor, Colo and Santon

I would have preferred

--------------Krul

Santon Taylor Colo Enrique

--------------Tiote

------Barton------Cabaye

Ben Arfa-----------Marveaux

------------Carroll

But what's a boy to do?

Pretty clear he's going to be played off a main striker as I can't see PArdew straying too far from 4-4-2

I'd like to see him and Marveaux (if he performs to the promise he's shown) playing as wide, mobile, fluid strikers, playing off Ba/Best ... Shola :lol:

Cabaye and Gosling playing in front of Tiote who in turn is playing in front of a flat back four of Simpson, Taylor, Colo and Santon

I would have preferred

--------------Krul

--------------Tiote

------Barton------Cabaye

------------Carroll

But what's a boy to do?

That could have been seriously good and wouldn't have cost much at all to do, it would just have required not selling players, sad really.

Swap Barton with Vuckic (long shot, I have no idea if he can play that deep) and an on form Ba/Best and it's not that bad really.

Be interesting if Vukic does kick on and show he's good enough to see where he ends up as i think he said ages ago he's happy as a striker, off a striker or in midfield so could potentially do a job in one or more of those roles.

I would have preferred

--------------Krul

--------------Tiote

------Barton------Cabaye

------------Carroll

But what's a boy to do?

That could have been seriously good and wouldn't have cost much at all to do, it would just have required not selling players, sad really.

Outlay of about £10m, but the Nolan and Routledge money would have recouped of £5m that and had we kept Carroll I think we could have shipped Best for £1m or so.

So frustrating.

But Ashley doesn't see the difference between spending £7m and finishing 8th - 10th or spending nothing and finishing 12th or 15th

-----------------Krul

Gosling---Taylor--Colo---Santon

------------Tiote

---------------Cabaye

Gutierrez-------------------Marveaux

-----------------------HBA

------------Ba

Probably unfair to drop Best given his goal return, but I think that would be our best 11 with a fully fit squad.

Spot on. :lol:

He has done for Everton, but I think that was because they have a small squad and require players to fill in at other positions on occasion. I think he would offer more to the team than Simpson there, based on absolutely nothing.

That's good enough for me. :lol:

Simpson is very poor going forwards and has occasionally put a good shift in defensively. I've seen fuck all of Gosling, but he impressed during pre-season. It's pretty clear he's a much more limited player than our starting midfielders, so I'd hoy him at right back there and I think there's a good chance he'd be better than Simpson there. Spurious, but I couldn't give a fook.

-----------------Krul

Gosling---Taylor--Colo---Santon

------------Tiote

---------------Cabaye

Gutierrez-------------------Marveaux

-----------------------HBA

------------Ba

Probably unfair to drop Best given his goal return, but I think that would be our best 11 with a fully fit squad.

None of them on pay-as-you-play?