Barton on goals on Sunday now

Dr Gloom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting interview. Would also be interesting to see some of Barton's quotes in the press around the time he left. It's pretty clear that there could be no reconciliation between him and the board, and therefore it was inevitable he'd go, and soon. Perhaps he forced the club to give him away so he could profit from the transfer more than if he was sold for a fee. Could that possibility be true?

Interesting interview. Would also be interesting to see some of Barton's quotes in the press around the time he left. It's pretty clear that there could be no reconciliation between him and the board, and therefore it was inevitable he'd go, and soon. Perhaps he forced the club to give him away so he could profit from the transfer more than if he was sold for a fee. Could that possibility be true?

Nailed on it's true. As I said at the time, Joey (and McKay) "played a blinder". That said, I suspect he was hoping that it would be someone "higher" than QPR who would come in for him when it became apparent no-one would pay a fee.

Worth bearing in mind the circumstances in which Barton arrived here as well, i.e. stalling for his 1/2 a million 'loyalty' bonus which NUFC basically ended up paying. Not denying the owner's a cunt but each supposed revelation by Barton doesn't exactly show him in a good light either. He forgets he was absolute dogshit (or always injured to be more precise) before his spell inside. In fact, the McDonald's incident took place when he was given leave due to his being injured iirc.

I think it's clear to see he constantly plays the victim and that isn't going to change. He's just one of these people who's never in the wrong, we've all met the twats. Basically, he's a shitehawk.

I believe that the term is 'scousers'.

• 1 month later...

Premier League - Barton tells Warnock to 'shut it'

Joey Barton has launched an amazing attack on Neil Warnock, telling the former QPR manager to "shut it" and comparing him to hapless film character Mike Bassett.

Barton's comments came after Warnock blamed Twitter for his sacking and hinted that the playmaker was a negative influence at Loftus Road.

Warnock told the BBC that the club's owner Tony Fernandes was "slowly poisoned" by opinion - from inside and outside the club - on the social networking site, and said he did not want to discuss Barton as "I just want to talk about positive things at the club".

Barton took to his favourite medium to respond with a blistering assault on Warnock, who made the midfielder club captain, referring to him as Bassett, an out-of-his-depth football manager who becomes England boss.

He also claimed new manager Mark Hughes has superior tactical and organisational skills to Warnock.

Barton tweeted: "If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job???? I can think of a million other things! #shutitwarnock"

"Neil Warnock saying I talk to (sic) much. Now that is funny #mikebassett... Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate. Last thing we need right. Big week... Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomo. 1st time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised. #3ptsneeded"

Barton returns to the Rangers team for the vital relegation clash after missing three matches through suspension.

Warnock had said: "Tony (Fernandes), who's the one really who sacked me, I know the influence that he'll have had from certain people in the last few weeks will have been difficult to resist."

"People get on the phone and tweet every five or 10 minutes, and it's almost like slowly poisoning somebody, from outside the club and no doubt from within the club as well. It's a dangerous precedent if you let players talk to chairmen, but you can't stop Twitter and things like that.

"When you have a run of results like we had and you're not involved in football and you get people in your ear – agents, for example – tweeting him about players... there's some clever and manipulative people. I've no bitterness towards it. It's just how things go.

"I think you get used to a certain way of doing things but he is so far away, all over the world. I'm not a communicator by tweet, I'm afraid, so I was always going to be the last to know."

Showing his class.

He should just get back on the booze, at least then he could blame a certain amount of why he's a bellend on being intoxicated.

Honestly man it's like he's replaced alcohol with Twitter, the gap between his stopping of drinking alcohol and finding twitter is surely his least controversial off field and most consistent/prolific on field period of his career. Now he's little more than an Alan Brazil type (albeit with actual knowledge of the game).

Barton's a right fucking chopper tbh. If he gets into a war of words with Warnock, he'll get thoroughly laced. He deserves a second relegation for being a right little sly prick and his whole patter after leaving here has seen his career stagnate. But at least he still gets the attention, despite the team that he captains facing a relegation battle. He should be keeping his mouth shut and trying to keep them up away from all this shite.

He's right though. Warnock has been whinging like a tart to anybody who'll listen about why he lost his job.

What are you on about?

Do you understand how the media work? They'll have contacted him for an interview, and he'll have obliged as is usually the case with these things. Maybe I've missed something but I've only heard of him doing an interview for Sky, a forum discussion with the BBC and him talking about it in his weekly column for The Inpendent. Hardly "whinging like a tart to anybody who'll listen".

Either way, it's beside the point. Which is that Barton is a prick. Warnock brought him on a big contract, and made him captain. Fair enough if you don't agree with what Warnock had to say, but don't act like a 15 year old. A simple "I am disappointed in comments Neil Warnock has had to say about Twitter..." would have been fair enough. Warnock got them promoted, trying to make him look bad to the QPR fans is out of order.

And all that hashtag stuff is utterly cringe-worthy.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I think he's forgotten that Warnock was the only man that was actually willing to take a chance on him.

Wenger didn't want him, Pardew & Ashley didn't want him, Pulis didn't want him. It's good that he's no longer our problem.

• 3 months later...

Samuel Ameobi ‏ @Sammy_Ameobi

“@Joey7Barton: Why do people always want to solve any conflict with a fight? As a pacifist, I find it incredible......... #mindboggles”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Samuel Ameobi ‏ @Sammy_Ameobi

“@Joey7Barton: Why do people always want to solve any conflict with a fight? As a pacifist, I find it incredible......... #mindboggles”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bwahahaha...

What did Joey do to offend Sammy? :o

Bit annoyed at the number of people that have turned on Joey Barton having been licking his arse when he was playing for us. I know it changes things if it's one of our own, but the bloke never did fuck all against us - I think he was very influential in us staying up last season.

Some of us have consistently said he's a cunt, during and after his time with NUFC. Getting into fights with teenyboppers at 3am in Mcdonalds is not exactly the pinnacle of professionalism, and the way he and his agent manouvered for financial gain in various dealings was nothing short of indecent cuntery. If he was influential in us staying up, he must have played a bigger role when we went DOWN, getting sent off recklessly in a crucial game and then spending most of the next season out injured and in prison. In short, he's an absolute fucking disgrace who did the minimum required of him, ie play football and don't end up in prison, for about a season. Now he is trying to build a brand image so he can continue to maintain his lifestyle upon retirement.

What did Joey do to offend Sammy? :o

Bit annoyed at the number of people that have turned on Joey Barton having been licking his arse when he was playing for us. I know it changes things if it's one of our own, but the bloke never did fuck all against us - I think he was very influential in us staying up last season.

I backed him to the hilt when he was one of ours....never doubting what a complete twat he was though. More than happy to rip the shit out him now. He did plenty to us. Served jail time, sent off during the relegation fight.