Barton on goals on Sunday now

Dr Gloom

I suspect the FA have looked at it and concluded that an 18 month ban is quite simply the most efficient use of everyone's time. It forces Barton into retirement and basically means that he will no longer be their problem.

No it doesn't force him into retirement.After his ban he'll be 36 and probably still good enough to play in the lower leagues.As for gambling being an addiction of his,was it an addiction when he placed the first of his 1260 bets the FA have done him for.I'm reading and listening to crap such as 'footballers have so much time on their hands and money in their pockets' as if that's an excuse for their gambling.Bollocks.Just excuses made by ex or current footballers.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't force him into retirement.After his ban he'll be 36 and probably still good enough to play in the lower leagues.As for gambling being an addiction of his,was it an addiction when he placed the first of his 1260 bets the FA have done him for.I'm reading and listening to crap such as 'footballers have so much time on their hands and money in their pockets' as if that's an excuse for their gambling.Bollocks.Just excuses made by ex or current footballers.

He could play in the lower leagues if he manages to keep himself fit for 18 months, but realistically, at his age, why would he bother? He said himself that he's going to have to retire.