Barton on goals on Sunday now

Dr Gloom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slagging off lambias now

Ah blast. Was watching but missed that bit - what he say about BigDek ?

When asked if football clubs need businessman running a sustainable model?

'You just don't know the guy.'

He was offered a 2 year contract for much lower wages but did not share the direction in which the club was headed.

Pretty much told us what we already know.

Slagging off lambias now

He was offered a 2 year contract for much lower wages but did not share the direction in which the club was headed.

Slagging off lambias now

Imagine how distraught the cleaners at SJP must've been having to go into clean up all the slime and bullshit from the floor after McKay and Llambias had been in for a meeting.

If indeed any meetings took place in the first place like !?

He had some good stuff but lost me with defending going down easily like the Norwich player did.

Sadly i see exactly what he's saying. I hate it and think retrospectively players should get banned for feigning injury etc. But the point he makes is that if somebody slaps you or barely touches you with their head it is a red card offence under the rules and the player deserves to go for their stupidity, but if you stand there and take it they usually get off, but you go down and the ref sends them off.

So the problem really is officials, if they were consistent and everybody knew you'd still see the red card even if players didn't go down then some wouldn't hit the deck. Like i say though, i think footballers are generally a disgrace and i'd ban them for overreating as well as banning the player who "hit them"

It's a pity sometimes we can't apply a sort of childish "it's only a red card if someone actually gets hurt" rule - although the feigning is supposed to persuade the ref that's the case anyway.

I normally slag off Merson but last week on Soccer Saturday he suggested a weekly panel of ex-pros or whatever going through the incidents and handing out bans to divers and feigners - good idea imo - in that way Klasnic could have been sent off but then the other player banned for being a tart/cheat.

It's a pity sometimes we can't apply a sort of childish "it's only a red card if someone actually gets hurt" rule - although the feigning is supposed to persuade the ref that's the case anyway.

I normally slag off Merson but last week on Soccer Saturday he suggested a weekly panel of ex-pros or whatever going through the incidents and handing out bans to divers and feigners - good idea imo - in that way Klasnic could have been sent off but then the other player banned for being a tart/cheat.

Or the officials could do their jobs properly and book players for simulation.

He's right, its hard at times for refs at full speed particularly off the ball to get them all correct, so have a review panel who look at them all and ban the diving, injury feigning bunch of tarts that play football these days. But they do also need refs to start sending people off when the victims don't overreact so that players know there is no need for it.

“Kelvin Henry – he loves it, doesn’t he. Always sticking his foot in and trying to hurt people. Why doesn’t he do it when it is 0-0 in the game? He is chirping up all week saying he is going to do x, y and z to me and then he lets himself down massively by not even turning up on Saturday afternoons. He should concentrate more on playing and less on talking a good game. Everything I read from him, I really don’t like him. I’m going to go on record saying that. I know from his challenges on me that he doesn’t like me – I’m not going to mince my words. He has gone out to make a name for himself, in my opinion. He keeps doing these interviews saying he is this throw-back to this old-fashioned footballer. I’ve made challenges and I embrace the fact that there is a physical element to our game, but I think there is a fine line between being physical and actually going out to hurt people, to make a name for it. No one knew Kelvin Henry before he started kicking lumps out of me in that game [last season].” – Joey Barton.

Never have been Barton's biggest fan and never will be, but "Kelvin" :lol:

He's spot on in everything he says there too, I'd hardly heard of Henry before that game last season.

I didn't blame Barton for making the 3-0 gestures either. It was the perfect riposte tbh. It's ok for grown men to scream obscenities at Barton when he's lying on the deck when he's just been kicked (it is ok imo) but the same people are often up in arms if a player has a go back at them as that's 'incitement' or whatever. Don't dish it out if you can't take it tbh.

I didn't blame Barton for making the 3-0 gestures either. It was the perfect riposte tbh. It's ok for grown men to scream obscenities at Barton when he's lying on the deck when he's just been kicked (it is ok imo) but the same people are often up in arms if a player has a go back at them as that's 'incitement' or whatever. Don't dish it out if you can't take it tbh.

Spot on, it's funny how these adults can practically hope a player has broken their legs or something but as soon as they make a harmless gesture back the fan turns into a delicate child :lol: