Barton on goals on Sunday now

Dr Gloom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because they get in relationships with women who have the intellectual capacity of a frog, but still harbour an insatiable desire for material goods. They spend half their wages buying them various trinkets and precious metals, but they still become bored, and start stamping around the house moaning, "I'm bored, I'm bored!" So they have to take them out to one of these teenybopper clubs to shut them up for a day or two, and then the trouble starts.

He's been arrested and bailed. Possibly not as innocent as first suggested.

Doesn't mean much, cops generally in these situations will swoop in, arrest anyone remotely connected with the ruckus and deal with the details later.

Happened to a mate of mine who was walking home and got jumped because two drunk morons thought he was someone else, took him a week before the cops finally declared he was a victim despite CCTV footage and a nightclub line full of witnesses who said he was minding his own business and was attacked from behind.

I've said before that a bit of a scrap between adults which results in no serious injuries should be no business of the coppers - complete waste of time and money.

Some people are a magnet for trouble....Barton seems to be one of them. I'm feeling happier about the decision to move him on with every new incident. I bet QPR would love to get shot of him too.

He says he got sucker punched and that was it. Somehow his shirt came off with the force of the punch.

It sounds like something Kenny Everett would have said.

Bought a copy of the Big Issue today off an Estonian lad in Camden. Opened it up on the train and lo and behold, there's a piece by a certain Joey Barton bemoaning the pernicious influence of reality TV and the like on British culture. There is a certain passage highlighted, which goes like this:

"What makes me really proud, what really makes me confident in the man I am today, is my constant, almost pathological, pursuit of excellence in my chosen field."

I'd be interested to know how much the editor had to do with this piece. There's a graphic of Barton with his arms crossed, and I may be mistaken, but I believe they've tried to fashion his countenance into a likeness of George Orwell--staggering, if that is the intent. I presume he wrote it before his fracas outside the nightclub. His insight into society is about as profound as that of an armadillo with advanced glaucoma. He says tv like the X Factor sets a bad example to the youth, but he admits to watching it, no doubt under intense pressure from his WAG.

Euro 2012: Joey Barton - 'I'd walk into England squad'

Joey Barton believes he would have featured in the England squad at Euro 2012 were it not for his behavioural problems on and off the pitch.

He will serve a 12-match ban next season for kicking Sergio Aguero and clashing with Vincent Kompany after he was sent off at Manchester City.

Barton, who won one England cap in 2007, has also criticised the selection of six Liverpool players.

He wrote on Twitter: "On ability I walk into the squad, on behaviour I don't."

The QPR midfielder, who began his career at Manchester City and spent four years with Newcastle, was in the news again last week when he was arrested, and later bailed, following a brawl outside a nightclub in his native Liverpool.

On the pitch, Barton was also sent-off against Norwich last season, while he picked up 10 bookings.

The outspoken player, who won his only cap under Steve McClaren in a 1-0 defeat against Spain, was particularly critical of England coach Roy Hodgson's decision to draft in Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson following the injury to Frank Lampard.

Henderson is joined in the England squad by fellow Liverpool players Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll and Martin Kelly, despite the Reds suffering a difficult season which saw them finish eighth in the Premier League.

They did win the Carling Cup and reached the final of the FA Cup, but that was not enough to prevent manager Kenny Dalglish from losing his job.

"If Henderson got in, any Englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, I wish I was there but I'm not," he said.

"Everyone's thinking it, I'll say it. Liverpool have [had] an horrific season and have six players in our Euro squad. What chance do we have? [The England manager should] Pick on form.

"How [Grant] Holt, [Micah] Richards, [Michael] Carrick, [Rio] Ferdinand, [Leon] Osman, [Daniel] Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty."

Barton insists he still wants England to do well at Euro 2012, but he is convinced they are unlikely to win the tournament.

"I really hope England do well and win it, I really do. All am saying is I don't think we will," he tweeted.

"If everyone stays fit, we've got a decent 11 once [Wayne] Rooney's back.

"If any of the key players get a knock, we are done for. Three games in eight or nine days takes its toll on the body. If a few are carrying injuries from a long domestic season, it will show. Not being pessimistic, just a realist.

"I am overqualified to pass judgement on this. Not only have I played in the Premier League for 10 years but I've played with and against most of them."