Thatcher and Hillsborough

Howmanheyman

I expect some if not all possible prosecutions against the police will be settled out of court.Money ( tax payers money ) talks.

You believe that the families of those killed at Hillsborough just want a cash settlement?

Surely there's a difference between setting out to get a cash settlement and accepting a cash settlement after 27yrs of campaigning as a form of reparation?

I dislike the fact that cash settles this sort of thing but I suppose what other remedy is there that can act as a deterrent to the same thing happening again?

It'll also go some way to paying back all the hours that the campaigners have put in.

I wonder if we'll see a conclusion though, as I'm sure I saw a quote saying that the fight had only just begun.

I dislike the fact that cash settles this sort of thing but I suppose what other remedy is there that can act as a deterrent to the same thing happening again?

I suspect the impending abolition of south Yorkshire police force may be an organisational deterrent.....

I don't disagree with any of that, fences were a law and order device rather than a health and safety one. Their use tarred all football supporters as violent and penned them in pre-emptively regardless. But however wrong that was, it was easily justified on the back of the actions of the violent minority.

On this subject...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/02/liverpool-fans-hillsborough-hooligans-police-lies?CMP=share_btn_tw

It's not a BBC doc is it? I read it's been transmitted around the world since 2014 and only updated/shown after the verdict last week as it wasn't allowed to be shown in the UK.

It's not a BBC doc is it? I read it's been transmitted around the world since 2014 and only updated/shown after the verdict last week as it wasn't allowed to be shown in the UK.

It was shown on BBC last night I just presumed it was a BBC doc tbh so I could be wrong. First time I've seen it mind

Aye. Just as NJS might have thought it was a white wash.

It didn't criticise the BBC, but given the front pages of the times and the sun after the verdict I think it's safe to say sky would never have shown it.

Appreciate the BBC and C4 for owt like this even if it is 27 years late.