Thatcher and Hillsborough

Howmanheyman

Think its been mentined before on here about a minutes silence for the fuckin cow at football matches when she finally croaks it...the FA/football lge/Prem Lge would be foolish to say the least to try to impose that on us.

Its going to happen, Rob! :lol:

I won't be in any football ground when thats going on mate. I like a minutes silence, The atmosphere directly after the ref blows to end the minute is brilliant. The applause thing isnt the same but if you didnt like the person recently deceased at least you dont have to clap if you dont want to. But she can fuck off. It'll be another PR diasater for the powers that be if they try to make clubs do it after what she tried to do to football supporters.

I reckon a few people might just do exactly the same.....

• 2 weeks later...
I've read the book by Brian Reade. He devotes quite a lot to Hillsborough. He puts forward some good points about it, and caused me to soften my view that I held before towards Liverpool supporters of the 1980's.

Agree with all the comments in this thread about Thatcher and Moynihan, all of them.

I used to travel up to NUFC home games in the early to mid 80's with the London Branch of the supporters club, we booked a carriage on the 9 o'clock train and got a huge discount. The bag stopped all of that, and we had to pay the full price.

Newcastle United supporters had nothing to do with Heysel or Hillsborough, and there was never any trouble on that train, ever. Yet, like all other supporters, we were all treated like scum, and cattle.

Holy Fuck - I must know you

I sort of kept myself to myself because I met my mates in Newcastle when I got off the train, but Harry Rodden was the lad who organised everything, booked tickets etc, everything went through him.

You didn't by any chance have a big ginger beard?

If you did I think my life would be complete

I've read the book by Brian Reade. He devotes quite a lot to Hillsborough. He puts forward some good points about it, and caused me to soften my view that I held before towards Liverpool supporters of the 1980's.

Agree with all the comments in this thread about Thatcher and Moynihan, all of them.

I used to travel up to NUFC home games in the early to mid 80's with the London Branch of the supporters club, we booked a carriage on the 9 o'clock train and got a huge discount. The bag stopped all of that, and we had to pay the full price.

Newcastle United supporters had nothing to do with Heysel or Hillsborough, and there was never any trouble on that train, ever. Yet, like all other supporters, we were all treated like scum, and cattle.

Holy Fuck - I must know you

I sort of kept myself to myself because I met my mates in Newcastle when I got off the train, but Harry Rodden was the lad who organised everything, booked tickets etc, everything went through him.

You didn't by any chance have a big ginger beard?

If you did I think my life would be complete

you mean was I your twin brother ?

• 11 months later...

If you open your windows, and car windows right now, and turn the music down, you can hear a collective ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyym floating over the Pennines.

In all fairness I hope it paints South Yorkshire police and Thatcher in the worst possible light.

Will the main evidence not have come from SYP so what makes everyone think it will be the truth.Can we really be confident that any police officer will be seriously punished.I know for a fact no police officers pension will be affected,cos it never is.Pensions Before Justice .Whenever a police officer is in the sheet,thay always seem to be allowed to resign,with their pension protected.

Whatever we think of scousers and Liverpool FC as a whole, the events at Hillsborough were almost exclusively not their fault. The facts are if this was us, the disaster would've unfolded the same way, if not even worse as we'd have taken many thousands of ticketless fans without a shadow of a doubt, and Liverpool didn't. We'd have the same grievances too, ffs some of our older ones still go on about Thatcher 21 years after she was chucked out of office.

The Thatcher angle on this if they release it will be her very deliberate attempt to demonise fans and make them the enemy. She did the same with the miners. She was very big on polarising people into those she thought shared her so called values and those who should be written off and punished - hence her contempt for the NE and similar areas.

Whatever we think of scousers and Liverpool FC as a whole, the events at Hillsborough were almost exclusively not their fault. The facts are if this was us, the disaster would've unfolded the same way, if not even worse as we'd have taken many thousands of ticketless fans without a shadow of a doubt, and Liverpool didn't. We'd have the same grievances too, ffs some of our older ones still go on about Thatcher 21 years after she was chucked out of office.

Aye, it's universally recognised now that the blame was with SYP, which was the major issue in their campaign. There are remaining questions to be answered but they're minor points.

The campaign for 'justice' will go on and on and on because certain people just can't let go of it. There is nothing more of value to be learned from what happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19570810

Pretty damning by the sounds of it....the West Midlands constabulary were brought in to reveiw the way the SYP handled it and it was they who changed a lot of police statements and notes, to shift the blame on to "a drunken mob". Wonder who asked for the most corrupt force in the country at the time to get involved and possibly why them in particular were asked?....

now that we know statements were changed,names should be disclosed of the police officers who were in charge of the interviews,and handwriting experts brought in.Cameron has said that because of data protection,not all the info will be available to the public.Does that mean names of the police who assisted in the murders will not be disclosed.

Does he receive his full police pension.

Surely they can identify key "order givers" like the one to take alcohol blood samples from the dead and check for criminal records?

Name and shame every copper should be its starting point.

Also surprise, surprise the source of the Sun's story was the local Tory MP.

Aye.No police officers who smashed battons over miners heads could be identified either. Corrupt from top to bottom. Over 400 documents were changed ffs.It must have taken days to doctor that many .The police were checking criminal records of all those killed.Were they expecting to find habitual football stadia gatecrashes.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

I wonder how many of their current staff have been there for 20 + years

I reckon not many.

Sacking / transfers or the "pensioning off" the idiots from them days will be the "get out" for the paper.