The Forest Game

snakehips

Full strength side - including Bafra - injuries permitting?

I've already predicted us winning this trophy so Parsnip had better pull out all the stops. I think he deffo sees it as a winnable pot so will be trying his hardest against Dutch Schteve and his Trent Posse :lol:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santon was on the bench at Queens Park Rangers seven days ago.

And Pardew said: "He would not start at the moment anyway.

"He is settling in and getting to know the language."

Meanwhile, Pardew is hoping that Hatem Ben Arfa comes through training unscathed today.

He added: "If he does, he will play at Forest."

Pardew spoke of "using" the squad for this one after the Villa game, so expect the likes of Gosling, Marveaux, Sammy etc.

Hope he does include a few current 1st teamers as well.

Well we don't have any other centrebacks so I can't see a change there. He could possibly bring Fergusson in at leftback but I can't see any other changes to our defence. Maybe Harper in goal.

I'd like to see more of Marveaux and Gosling needs games. I fear we'll see the return of Guthrie too.

No doubt Strola and Lovenkrands will be back too.

Pardew spoke of "using" the squad for this one after the Villa game, so expect the likes of Gosling, Marveaux, Sammy etc.

Well we don't have any other centrebacks so I can't see a change there. He could possibly bring Fergusson in at leftback but I can't see any other changes to our defence. Maybe Harper in goal.

I'd like to see more of Marveaux and Gosling needs games. I fear we'll see the return of Guthrie too.

Is Ferguson fit again?

Is Ferguson fit again?

I thought he had been for a few weeks but I might be mistaken like.

Tricky one for our manager, he has to try and leave one or two out just to avoid potential injury problems which could fuck our squad but on the other hand we've surely got to actually have a serious go at winning a trophy and assuming we're not going to win the league anytime soon, then this and the FA cup have got to be our, err, cup finals. Unless supporters feel going out early with only half your first team present just so you can finish 11th is the stuff of every schoolboys dreams? Rest a couple at the most. I want to see black & white ribbons on a cup this year for a change.

I see no reason why our regular squad cant stomach a tuesday game, its not like we are competing in any european cups or anything.

Id like us to field our strongest side, whats wrong with a lil`cup run? Stoke and Birmingham managed last season ffs.

Personally I think you will see the likes of Gosling, Shola, Lovenkrands, Ben Arfa, Marveux, Guthrie, Perch and Harper with players like Colo, Tiote, Simpson, etc. Not our best side but not a bad side if you see what I mean.

NF are in the relegation zone and arent having a great time of it... expect them to beat us 2-1 with Perch scoring two own goals!

At least Ian fucking Woan isn't playing for them.

Like a dagger to my heart.

I was at that match. Did it in the cup at SJP the following season (iirc) too.

If only Deano were here to help us out with formations and lineups.

Unfortunately Dean couldn't be present to give you his online formation as he's currently designing an eclectic patio-steps out-of-a-back-door-to-the-garden project, however he has passed on his good wishes to everyone at Toontastic and sent a pic from his actual location on how he sees Pardew's formation to take out Forest from the cup.

C_71_article_1059935_image_list_image_list_item_0_image-2.jpg

If only Deano were here to help us out with formations and lineups.

Unfortunately Dean couldn't be present to give you his online formation as he's currently designing an eclectic patio-steps out-of-a-back-door-to-the-garden project, however he has passed on his good wishes to everyone at Toontastic and sent a pic from his actual location on how he sees Pardew's formation to take out Forest from the cup.

C_71_article_1059935_image_list_image_list_item_0_image-2.jpg

We seem a bit short at the back.

James Perch could also face his former club while Peter Lovenkrands, Sylvain Marveaux, Danny Guthrie, Dan Gosling, Shane Ferguson and new keeper Rob Elliot are all poised for Carling Cup action

“There will be a lot of changes. The squad is so tight, there is such a good spirit.

“Actually we could even put in a better performance with those who want to come in and have a go. People like Sylvain and Hatem Ben Arfa have got to play.

“I am looking forward to tomorrow to see some of my other players.”

Perch_2497050.jpg

BOSH

I see no reason why our regular squad cant stomach a tuesday game, its not like we are competing in any european cups or anything.

Id like us to field our strongest side, whats wrong with a lil`cup run? Stoke and Birmingham managed last season ffs.

That's a bad point though.....

That's a bad point though.....

If you reckon their cup triumph is directly to blame, it is. Another way of seeing it is that even a relegation team managed to pull it off. just food for thought.