For those in relationships.

Park Life

What to do?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MH Nursing, English.

There's fuck all wrong with being a nurse tbh. The salary comment wasn't meant to be a deano comment either, moreso that nursing is a decent job with a decent wage, pension, 8 weeks holidays etc.

And KSA, I cant help if Im a muscley cunt. Every fucker on here knows what I look like and Im far from fat :lol:

Nowt wrong with nursing, no. But 8 weeks holiday? Are you mental health nurses entitled to more than the 27 days the rest of us NHS workers are for some reason, or have you suddenly become a teacher?

10years service so I get 307.5 hours. Divided by a 37.5hour week is 8 weeks holiday

Edited by J69

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MH Nursing, English.

There's fuck all wrong with being a nurse tbh. The salary comment wasn't meant to be a deano comment either, moreso that nursing is a decent job with a decent wage, pension, 8 weeks holidays etc.

And KSA, I cant help if Im a muscley cunt. Every fucker on here knows what I look like and Im far from fat :lol:

Nowt wrong with nursing, no. But 8 weeks holiday? Are you mental health nurses entitled to more than the 27 days the rest of us NHS workers are for some reason, or have you suddenly become a teacher?

10years service so I get 307.5 hours. Divided by a 37.5hour week is 8 weeks holiday

Do you have 10 years continual service though? I'm coming up to 10 years in January, but I'm fairly sure when I started posting on here or the previous board (about 7 years ago) you were coaching at the time, or doing one of your degrees.

Us NHS workers who do shifts on the shop floor get the bank holidays aswell because we have to work them.

Do you mean you get an additional day in lieu for every bank holiday worked (seems fair enough). Where does J69 get his 307.5 hours figure from? I thought AfC put everyone (except clinicians) on 27 days or 33 days depending on service? Just genuinely curious.

I'm not sure about non-clinical but I got additional holidays after 10 yrs service (been qualified 13 yrs now) and I know I got over 300hrs when I was full-time. And yes, that is inclusive of hours in lieu of bank holidays.

MH Nursing, English.

Do you have 10 years continual service though? I'm coming up to 10 years in January, but I'm fairly sure when I started posting on here or the previous board (about 7 years ago) you were coaching at the time, or doing one of your degrees.

My HR counted my nurse bank contract as I did regular hours so the 6 months abroad didn't break my continuous service. Has this riled you :D

Nurses don't get bank holidays off. I get 8 weeks holiday a year. I don't get the confusion?

This is from the RCN:

Length of service Annual leave and general public holidays On appointment 27 days + 8 days

After 5 years service 29 days + 8 days

After 10 years service 33 days + 8 days

That's exactly what I get, but I wouldn't count bank holidays as being part of my holiday entitlement, as I suspect most people wouldn't. That's where the confusion was, you were overselling your job in response to Kevin ffs. :lol:

As for being riled, well, you mentioned on here what grade you were on the other week which after over 10 years of service was the lowest for a trained nurse (although tbf you were going for a promotion, hope you got it). So no, not really. Anyway, enough of the bitchiness, its nearly match time.

Nurses don't get bank holidays off. I get 8 weeks holiday a year. I don't get the confusion?

This is from the RCN:

Length of service Annual leave and general public holidays On appointment 27 days + 8 days

That's exactly what I get, but I wouldn't count bank holidays as being part of my holiday entitlement, as I suspect most people wouldn't. That's where the confusion was, you were overselling your job in response to Kevin ffs. :lol:

As for being riled, well, you mentioned on here what grade you were on the other week which after over 10 years of service was the lowest for a trained nurse (although tbf you were going for a promotion, hope you got it). So no, not really. Anyway, enough of the bitchiness, its nearly match time.

Turn around, touch the ground, can't say it back!

This is from the RCN:

That's exactly what I get, but I wouldn't count bank holidays as being part of my holiday entitlement, as I suspect most people wouldn't. That's where the confusion was, you were overselling your job in response to Kevin ffs. :D

I only qualified 18 months ago man :lol:

J69 confirms his place as the biggest wanker on here.

You forgot to mention the Astra on the drive you fucking tool, and btw you look overweight to me if that pic you had in your avatar was anything to go by.

Astra sporthatch :lol: If I was fat I would take solace in the fact I could lose weight. Shame your not going to have a mid life growth spurt

To me, the way you posted it, it makes it look like you got around 10 days more a year than the average person when actually taking into account bank holidays you get the same as most people :lol:

This is from the RCN:

That's exactly what I get, but I wouldn't count bank holidays as being part of my holiday entitlement, as I suspect most people wouldn't. That's where the confusion was, you were overselling your job in response to Kevin ffs. :D

And yet you have 10 years continuous years service in the NHS? Sounds like bullshit tbh.

I'm finding it hard to get worked up about another man's holiday allowance, mind. :lol:

Given you live for weekends and holidays (as do I at the moment), I find that somewhat surprising. :D

32 days plus bank holidays, bitch! There is both nothing, and yet everything wrong with working for weekends and holidays.

This is from the RCN:

And yet you have 10 years continuous years service in the NHS? Sounds like bullshit tbh.

6 years on nurse bank in A&E, 1 year as a Band 3 in MH, secondment to do my training, 18 months as a Band 5. All classed as continuous service by HR

You need to get over me tbh. I've never been much of a jackanory but if I was it wouldn't be about my holiday entitlement at work.