If you could have one

bobbyshinton

Enrique

Santon - Saylor - Colo - Enrique = potentially v strong defence, to go with a potentially strong midfield.

The goal threat would have to be a hope of Best continuing well/Ba coming good/Barfa and Cabaye providing a threat from midfield, whichever scenario happened to prove itself.

Enrique

Santon - Saylor - Colo - Enrique = potentially v strong defence, to go with a potentially strong midfield.

The goal threat would have to be a hope of Best continuing well/Ba coming good/Barfa and Cabaye providing a threat from midfield, whichever scenario happened to prove itself.

Was just gonna write everything you've put there. That defence would probably be the best in living memory.

I would go for Enrique. Solid Left backs are very hard to come by, he had a great working relationship with Guti and we have looked extremely weak since he left in the position with Raylor there. Santon at RB and Enrique at LB is a dream combination which most clubs would envy.

Carroll is a close call however his form and attitude have took a bashing since he left. Still in trouble and doesnt look interested. Take out the two goals at Man City and what has he done since leaving? We have still got our goals and I think the new side we are building that Carroll wouldnt fit. We are looking to build a quick passing side... so Pardew says... although I still see some route one stuff being played!

Enrique. Looking at the Villa game, the amount of time and space a player like Raylor got. Enrique would have absolutely torn them apart. Also from watching the Everton game last year, the Enrique/Ben Arfa combination was lush. That twat De Jong really ruined what could have been amazing for us.

Jose. Fo sho.

Best left back I've seen at the club I reckon, also thought he was a good pro. Although he left, he definitely would have stayed if the others had, not so sure if the reverse would be true.

Carroll.

But I think my choice is skewed by virtue of the fact he's the one position we haven't replaced.

BTW the feeling on Merseyside about Carroll is very negative. Not as highly rated as Suarez and a lot of the dippers are questioning the investment in him.