The New Entertainers.

thenorthumbrian

Newcastle United used to be hyped up by Sky TV as “The Entertainers”. In the almost-glory days of Kevin Keegan’s first management stint and with creative and attacking players like Ginola, Ferdinand, Asprilla, Cole, Gillespie, Albert and Lee to name but a few they believed in scoring more goals than their opponents not defending. They believed that they would always outscore them, no matter who they played and no matter how many goals they let in. Of course that dream ended as quickly as it had begun, there was no willing billionaire to deliver on the amazing potential that the most passionate fans in the world gave Newcastle and Keegan’s great foundation and attacking brand of football had created.

Manchester City are the new entertainers

Read more: http://chrisreed.brandrepublic.com/2011/08.../#ixzz1YVtxaWxP

Ive got to say though, watching city on the occasions where its been Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Dzeko as the front 4 so far has been really good to watch.

They are good to watch at times but the entertainers is a name I enjoyed having been associated with Newcastle.

United don't get many compliments these days.

Edited by thenorthumbrian

Ive got to say though, watching city on the occasions where its been Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Dzeko as the front 4 so far has been really good to watch.

They are good to watch at times but the entertainers is a name I enjoyed having been associated with Newcastle.

United don't get many compliments these days.

Is that yee Steve? Met you at the Shields derby last year with me mate Craig. You, that Scotty and "geordie", we had a pint in that bar in Heworth. Good crack if it was you mate, hope your scouting is going well.

they're a lot more entertaining than last season but they're not exactly gung ho like keegan's newcastle side of the 90s were. i don't think a team has really played in that "if they score 3, we'll score 4" approach keegan employed since.

they're a lot more entertaining than last season but they're not exactly gung ho like keegan's newcastle side of the 90s were. i don't think a team has really played in that "if they score 3, we'll score 4" approach keegan employed since.

Blackpool? They weren't very good but they certainly went for it in every game.

Edited by toon_don

but what about the Lindisfarne Bible

priorities people ffs

was just about to mention the gospels :D

:lol:

Sadly that just proves you don't win trophies playing that way, shame really.