For those of you not in a relationship

The Fish

Personally I've got nowt against Dave, he can be canny at times. One thing that I'm convinced about though is that when he wakes up in the morning he looks in the mirror and sees a young Pierce Brosnan staring back. That's the impression the kid gives me, high self esteem is good though to a point.

Personally I've got nowt against Dave, he can be canny at times. One thing that I'm convinced about though is that when he wakes up in the morning he looks in the mirror and sees a young Pierce Brosnan staring back. That's the impression the kid gives me, high self esteem is good though to a point.

<_<

He's a canny lad tbf

<_<

I don't even think he sees himself as lush looking, just a jolly good, suave fellow that the ladies can't help but fawn over at the thought of his intellectual prowess and refined tastes

A lot of it is tongue-in-cheek like.

I agree with ajax andy. Tell her she shouldnt be seeing anyone with her head like it is right now and you'll not take advantage of her present emotional vulnerability because you think of her as too good a friend to treat her like that.

<_<

a woman getting the friendzone excuse from a guy. Might as well hold up a red flag saying " I - DONT - WANT - TO - SLEEP - WITH - YOU"

There is just no way shes buying that - and worse, you are instilling hope in her, in that once she sorts her head out there might be something there.

Id rather just pull the band-aid off fast. "sry me no interested" - Lets just be friends. Ball in her court.

Well Toontwatters, I'm beginning to think I'm a mental magnet; :huh:

A girl I know is going through some shit at the minute and I've been "there" for her; having a coffee with her while she tells me her problems and that kind of thing. Prior to her excursion into the Forest of the Mental, she was quite hot, funny, smart etc. Now she's sullen, distracted, and looks like shit (yes I'm shallow, let's move on), the problem is I think she's taken my flirting pre- and my friendship post- breakdown as a sign of romantic intent.

I don't want to go out with this lass, which is definitely the route she's gibbering down, but neither do I want to cause her more upset. If she was just a little bummed, I'd take her aside and let her down nice and gentle like. But she's genuinely on the edge and I don't want to push her over as I dart for the door.

So I was thinking of taking longer to reply to texts/emails/facebook messages, taking calls but always have an exit strategy if things get a bit uncomfortable.

Cowardly I know, but I don't think she's in a place where she could handle the crushing heartbreak of me turning her down. :lol: Seriously though I don't doubt me spurning her advances ( no matter how delicately spoken) would do more damage than it would if she was on a steady keel (is that the right term?) and I really don't want to be the guy she mentions in a suicide note. :lol:

fuck I shouldn't be laughing about this... I blame the booze. <_<

gan oot with her man, put some zip into your life :good:

Wear two identical white T-shirts - the top one bearing the legend "I don't want to go out with you, you big mental dick" - but have the back panel/arms cut out of the top one, so as you turn around you can whip it off, revealing just a plain white T-shirt when you turn back. If you do it fast enough it'll act like one of those subliminal messages.

Then kick her in the biff.

<_<