Turkish FA Ban men from football stadiums

ajax_andy

Maybe the strangest thing i've ever seen or heard of in football <_<

Turkish FA bans men from football matches

The Turkish FA has come up with a novel idea of dealing with crowd trouble in the country - banning men from matches.

Traditionally clubs in the country are forced to play their matches behind closed doors as punishment for misbehaviour but now women and children will be allowed into the banned fixtures while the men are forced to stay at home.

The first match to be subject to the new ruling is a clash between defending champions Fenerbahce and Manisaspor.

Fenerbahce were sanctioned by the Turkish FA after their fans invaded the pitch during a friendly against the Ukrainian champions Shakhtar Donetsk in July, forcing the game to be abandoned.

Women and children will be allowed into the Manisaspor match, although children will need to have ID to prove they are 12 or under before being granted free entry.

"After this decision, which is a first in world football, there will be no silent and unexciting games played without spectators," explained the Turkish FA in a statement.

"The change will make teams remember the beauty and values of football."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-.../article/68774/

It'll be like the England school boy fixtures you used to see on telly where every move is met with a high pitched wail of excitement.

<_<

Always sounded like the audio was piped in from the local swimming baths.

It'll be like the England school boy fixtures you used to see on telly where every move is met with a high pitched wail of excitement.

:lol:

<_< It did as well.

:lol: It did as well.

Can you remember that one where Pele was there, and our U15s beat Brazil at Wembley. Pele said Rod Thomas would be as good as him <_< His career highlight was winning the LDV Vans Cup with Carlisle. Pretty sure there's a similar story with Pele and Julian Joachim too, not even Sniffer talks more shite than Pele.

Will it end up like a reverse situation of the stoning in 'The life of Brian' where the blokes dress up to get in?

Would you dress up as a lass to get in a Tyne & Wear derby if it happened here?

There seems to be a few dodgy characters about here these days, would you dress as a woman, derby or no derby? <_<

Can you remember that one where Pele was there, and our U15s beat Brazil at Wembley. Pele said Rod Thomas would be as good as him <_< His career highlight was winning the LDV Vans Cup with Carlisle. Pretty sure there's a similar story with Pele and Julian Joachim too, not even Sniffer talks more shite than Pele.

Don't remember that one (although I might have seen it). Pele does talk some shite like so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Will it end up like a reverse situation of the stoning in 'The life of Brian' where the blokes dress up to get in?

There seems to be a few dodgy characters about here these days, would you dress as a woman, derby or no derby? <_<

Only if I can wear this divine little number.

Black_and_white_strip.89752.jpg

To die for, sweetie.

Only if I can wear this divine little number.

Black_and_white_strip.89752.jpg

To die for, sweetie.

That looks like something the bride of beetlejuice would wear :lol:

Don't remember that one (although I might have seen it). Pele does talk some shite like so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

He backed Colombia to win the 94 WC. They didnt get out the group stages (might not have won a game either).

The Turkish football association has come up with a radical solution for tackling hooliganism - by banning men from stadiums.

Teams sanctioned for unruly behaviour by fans are instead only allowed to admit women and children aged under 12 to watch games.

On Tuesday, more than 41,000 women and children attended Fenerbahce's match against Manisaspor in Istanbul.

The move followed violence during a Fenerbahce "friendly" in July.

The Istanbul side was initially told to play two home matches behind closed doors after fans invaded the pitch during a game with the Ukrainian champions Shakhtar Donetsk.

Continue reading the main story

We have to thank the ladies for coming to support us. It is difficult playing without fans

Joseph Yobo Fenerbahce

But the Turkish authorities later softened their stance and decided to let women and children attend.

Fenerbahce's 1-1 draw with Manisapor kicked off after players from both teams hurled flowers at the fans, while the visitors were greeted with applause instead of the more customary loud jeers.

The home side's captain, Alex de Sousa, said: "This memory will stay with me forever. It's not always that you see so many women and children in one game."

"We have to thank the ladies for coming to support us," his team-mate Joseph Yobo - on loan from Everton - told Lig TV. "It's difficult playing without the fans."

Manisaspor midfielder Omer Aysan agreed: "It was such a fun and pleasant atmosphere."

Before the game, fans were searched by all-women police officers.

Speaking before the match, Yasemin Mercil, a female member of Fenerbahce's executive board, said: "This really is a historic day.

"For the first time in the world, only women and children will watch a game. The women know all the chants. The same anthems, the same chants will be sung."

Quite a good crowd to be fair!

Although I do think it is unfair on the lads who go just to watch & don't do anything wrong as I imagine there's a sizeable proportion of them.

While I disagree that they banned all the men I do understand that it would have be difficult to implement otherwise.

Perhaps that 13 year old boy who wasn't allowed will grow up & think hooliganism isn't clever & 41'000 women & children have showed him how to behave at a match - to an extent.

I love a shout & a sing. <_<

and a drink etc etc.