Crystal Ball

Park Life

Player of the season.  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Collocini.

In the wake of the Enrique Transfer, Ashley & Dekka are most likely bitterly disappointed that Valencia's 'reported interest' didn't materialise into that of concrete bid ie. Valencia recruiting elsewhere.

The club's Mr Fix It, our Iranian consultant in transfer market affairs & known to have an extensive contact list (club officials and agents alike) dropped the ball on this one - at least from Ashley's perspective, as it's most likely now that he'll go for a loss, if his stay extends beyond January.

A red-hot Collocini (formwise), complete with the captain's armband and the tag of 'pack leader of the defense', attracting January interest of a club looking for a late season drive (towards the Euro spots, or that of consolidation) is Ashley's last shot of gaining any leverage in negotiations re: commanding a price near to our original outlay.

Is Coloccini getting all the votes because of a last minute winner in our last game?

Having conceded 3 in that game and having been entirely to blame for the goal conceded at Villa he's not exactly consistent.

[/devils advocate]

Is Coloccini getting all the votes because of a last minute winner in our last game?

Having conceded 3 in that game and having been entirely to blame for the goal conceded at Villa he's not exactly consistent.

[/devils advocate]

A defence also consisting of Perch, Simpson and Ferguson (I don't think he has the making of a left back at all)?

He was unlucky for the Agbonlahor goal imo, bad bounce.

I thought the Villa goal resulted from what was actually a good challenge / block by Coloccini and he was very unlucky in the way it fell to Agbonlahor.

Exactly. At first look I thought he was at fault but when I saw the replay I don't think he did anything wrong at all and he may even slipped (as well as the ball falling kindly to Agbonlahor).

He gets my vote because he's looked quality in every game so far just as he has done for the past two seasons. There may be an agrument that Taylor has possibly looked even better next to him so far but past experience suggests he will have more dips in form over the season (obviously I hope he keeps going and finally fulfills his potential).

The only thing that goes against Colo is the strong (imo) chance that he'll be sold come January as we all know there's no chance of us offering him and new contract on anything like his current terms.

• 1 month later...
Guest CabayeAye

Hard to call between Cabaye and Colo. Cab is just immense in every way, but I think Colo is absolutley indispensable. We'd sink without him.

Funnily enough, while I was championing STaylor I though Colo was shite. He's been immense this season though and STaylor has shown what those who know about football (;)) always knew, he's a cracking player. Up there with Jagielka/Cahill/Lescott and all the other ''England friendly'' players