Obama once again showing America is Israel's lapdog.

Park Life

Theyve had the odd tiff over the years, think Israel werent happy about a tiny bit of cosying up to the Palestinians in a US attempt to curry favour in the moslem world post 9-11, pre invasion. But chopping the 3 billion dollars a year in US aid to Israel would present a whole load of other questions as you say. Has Putin got that sort of ready and regular cash he can just divert into the Tel Aviv coffers?...especially if we put a squeeze of the fuckers finacially polluting CoL at the moment? Russia isnt that rich tbh..

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not wrong there - but they seem rich enough to strike an oil deal with the Chinese that runs at a loss... that's purely geopolitical, there's no economic benefit to Russia for at least 10 years (and even then it's tiny). Billions of dollars have gone on that.

I dunno, I just think Israel is well positioned to fend off the West on this one. You're probably right that the US can influence things though, and I suppose it's just a matter of how long the Americans wait before acting. If they leave it to late, Israel will have achieved everything they need to. Which, come to think of it, is probably the perfect time for a climb down; Israel can demonstrate is responds to the international community and the US can look like it did something...

Edited by Rayvin

I don't think Obama can just stand up and say 'fuck this shit' and change things all by himself. There's an entire political machine to get past first.

Aye Rayvin you dont seem to know just how strong a political lobby Israel has in the US. Think Parky posted an article about it somewhere above. Lets just say the chances of the US standing up to Israel are as much as Pardew telling Ashley to piss off with his policies and hand him a 100M kitty :lol:

Goes back far further than the creation of the Israeli state. Arabs and Jews have been fighting over the 'Holy land' for hundreds and hundreds of years the death toll likely runs to hundreds of thousands.

Releigious crackpots shaking the tree and shooting at what comes of, both sides are as bad as the other.

At this present time Israel (the Jewish Homeland) have the upper hand due to their backing from the West. If the US pulled its backing of Israel, this would happen the other way round and very quickly.

Fucking ridiculous all ways round. Put the guns down, have a chat, look to the future and live in peace.

There's no money in peace.

Israel's retaliation :lol: From my point of view what Hamas does is retaliation. Already tried explaining it. Cant really be helped if people still think Israel is somehow the victim here.

Fish, why do the Israeli people allow their government to occupy and blockade land that doesnt belong to them knowing full well the effect its having on the Palestinians? I dont know what this line of reasoning is supposed to lead to. Its probably safe to say most people in the world have little say in what their governments do.

Remember these are white people you're talking to who have already erased the fact they fucked up THE WHOLE PLANET and replaced it with game shows.

Is there any record of that having happened previously though? I'd like to believe you're right mind you.

The reason I'm primarily sceptical about the US standing up to them is that Israel has been courting Russia recently - there was some kind or large scale agreement over gas supply that raised US eyebrows a couple of years back. I don't think Israel is beyond playing up to Russia, who, as we all know, will welcome it.

I suspect the US would be concerned about pushing Israel too hard. What if Russia stepped in with the finance instead?

American politicians are bought and paid for by various pro-Israeli organisations like AIPAC. If they speak out against Israel they lose their money and have to go out and get a real job. Never gonna happen. Ever. The solution for this is only going to happen when there is a more moderate Israeli Govt...

UN finally seems to be taking a bit of a stance. Apparently they warned Israel 17 times about the school shelter but it still got hit.

Excuses are sounding sillier and sillier by the minute and you can see that the media houses traditionally protecting Israel are finding life a bit hard at the minute.

UN finally seems to be taking a bit of a stance. Apparently they warned Israel 17 times about the school shelter but it still got hit.

Excuses are sounding sillier and sillier by the minute and you can see that the media houses traditionally protecting Israel are finding life a bit hard at the minute.

I was surprised by the strength of the UN language actually. "The world stands ashamed and disgusted". I'm not sure I've heard such strong rhetoric from them.

Obviously justifiable rhetoric considering what Israel is doing... This does rather show how powerless the international community is though.

Watching the news last night, these tunnels Hamas have made, a feat of civil engineering, these boys are not fucking around in their ambition to bring Israel down.

This has taken considerable time and effort and is well planned and executed.

Watching the news last night, these tunnels Hamas have made, a feat of civil engineering, these boys are not fucking around in their ambition to bring Israel down.

This has taken considerable time and effort and is well planned and executed.

When the surface is scanned by drones 24/7 it was the only logical thing to do.

Logical?

Antagonising your next door neighbour into bombing the fuck out of your family and friends, not sure logic comes into it.

The fact that Israel have spent money on Drones to do this proves that the threat is there in the first place.

Logical?

Antagonising your next door neighbour into bombing the fuck out of your family and friends, not sure logic comes into it.

The fact that Israel have spent money on Drones to do this proves that the threat is there in the first place.

You know like how the North Vietnamese did it.