Newcastle United 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

Tom

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked very bright going forward today, very positive performance. Fair enough Blackburn are poor defensively but we moved the ball quickly and looked to go past players with ease.

Hats off to Pardew, he's added some much needed pace that we've lacked in recent seasons.

Marveaux for Jonas.

Permanently!

Jonas played his part out there, is always going to be more help in defense with Raylor at left back. Unfortunately for that same reason Jonas had to go exploring on the right to get more involved. Had a great link up with HBA which is what I think Jonas is best suited to - quick sharp runs, passes and movement.

When Santon is available, we should have some more solidity at left back so Marveaux could get some more time on the pitch.

We haven't seen a lot of Marveaux but what I've seen I like, and he's got something Jonas hasn't - end product!

It's only a matter of time before he gets in ahead of Jonas IMO.

Best's finishing :nufc:

Don't think it's that lol-worthy tbh (as in I don't think it's that bad).

Definitely something to look at on the training pitch - he needs to know when to place it and when to go for power.

Is the strike still on in the NFL? Best could have a good career as a kicker.

When to place it and when to go for power... hmm, well everytime he hit it it went about 15 yards over, so don't do that again Mr. Best. Good performance and Obertan had the best performance of his career. Thought Jonas was a bit off the pace today.

The way I see it is that he's doing most of the other things right (or at least, better than he used to, i.e. movement, staying onside etc). Things like choosing power/placement are pretty clearcut problems that can be worked out on the training ground.

With both of our forwards hitting an unexpected peak of form, atm we dont need a striker IMO. We got Best - Ba - Sammy as backup..

What I feel is holding our team back however, is the defence. We MUST be willing to spend money on a backup, so that in the unfortunate event colo or saylor gets injured, we have a decent backup who wont drag us down the shitter.

Also, Raylor needs to be benched, ideally not even that. Simpson however I feel should be a first backup rather than a firstteam regular...

we need another fullback + a CB imo..

Great effort from the lads today, Ba obviously showed his quality, which has been coming with time, no idea why so many people wrote him off when he was sluggish from not eating for ramadan and having to play top level football.

Tiote was everywhere, winning the ball using it well and but for a striker with a hattrick he would have been MOTM for me, Colo was class as usual and Taylor did well alongside him.

I thought Best actually had a canny game but his finishing was off, whereas when he's scored he's usually not been in the game much. And i think Obertan had a good game, used the ball better and was involved in alot of what we did, he'll always frustrate with the odd moment but he did well.

We played some nice stuff with alot of the team involved and the subs Marveaux and Ben Arfa were straight into it and played some lovely stuff

All this and Santon's not played yet. Also got Gosling, Vuckic, Abeid, Sammy, Ferguson as young talent who have something to prove and could do well for us.

I wish we could sort out the Kadar problem though as we could do with a bit more defensive cover.

Edited by Tecato

26 Krul...................6

02 Coloccini............8

05 Simpson............6

16 R Taylor............6

27 S Taylor.............7

04 Cabaye.............7

18 Gutierrez ..........6

24 Tiote.................8

19 Ba ..................10

20 Best..................6

25 Obertan............8

Just got back from the match.

Agree with most of them apart from Jonas. He worked his bollocks off and really helped Raylor out. Never gave the ball away as well. Saylor might be worth an 8 as well. Pretty much faultless and set up a goal. Best was neat and tidy, created a goal and did superbly to get into the position to miss his 2 sitters.

Tiote was immense today. Back to his best.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Agreed, Tiote looked like the player he was last season. Obertan sees plenty of the ball but there's very little end product at the moment, lets hope he can improve on this. Defenders don't like dealing with him though, thats for certain.

Thought everyone played well today, no one stood out massively, and that for me usually means they all played well. Ba looked a beast today mind and linked up well with the midfield.

How shit were Blackburn then?

As Kean will be our manager for at least this season, I'd like to know how you think we will do in the 1st division next season.

Poor mind Billy, few dirty challenges as well out of desperation when we were breaking. I think you could go down unless there's some massive improvement.

The stats tell it all really.

NEWCASTLE

BLACKBURN

Possession

* Newcastle 59%

* Blackburn 41%

Attempts on target

* Newcastle 8

* Blackburn 1

Attempts off target

* Newcastle 11

* Blackburn 3

Corners

* Newcastle 4

* Blackburn 2

Fouls

* Newcastle 6

* Blackburn 16

Christ, looking at the stats, we're down unless someone fatally stabs Kean, the Indian cunts fuck off and sell to someone with a clue. I'd rather have Ashley owning the club then those cocks. No Indian is fit to own a Premier League club. QPR had proven it, Blackburn are clearly proving it.

Billy. Blackburn were piss poor. We didn't need to get out 2nd gear to win comfortably. If we had taken our chances it could have been 6+.

Massive improvement needed if you want to stay up,

Salgado needs to retire. Hoilett looked dangerous. Yakubu looked massive (along with Salgado). Robinson got a good ovation from our crowd and seemed generally pleased with that.

26 Krul...................6

02 Coloccini............8

05 Simpson............6

16 R Taylor............6

27 S Taylor.............7

04 Cabaye.............7

18 Gutierrez ..........6

24 Tiote.................8

19 Ba ..................10

20 Best..................6

25 Obertan............8

Just got back from the match.

Agree with most of them apart from Jonas. He worked his bollocks off and really helped Raylor out. Never gave the ball away as well. Saylor might be worth an 8 as well. Pretty much faultless and set up a goal. Best was neat and tidy, created a goal and did superbly to get into the position to miss his 2 sitters.

Tiote was immense today. Back to his best.

Still gives the ball away way to much for my liking, he's had his best game today so far though.

Agree on Jonas, never stops working, helped support Enrique last season helping Raylor this one, he's got a great engine, no way I'd drop him for anyone just now.

Best has a really great touch if only the fucker could shoot/head, he should have had three himself.

The interchange play is becomming a joy to behold, the more they play together the slicker it'll become.

Billy. Blackburn were piss poor. We didn't need to get out 2nd gear to win comfortably. If we had taken our chances it could have been 6+.

Massive improvement needed if you want to stay up,

Salgado needs to retire. Hoilett looked dangerous. Yakubu looked massive (along with Salgado). Robinson got a good ovation from our crowd and seemed generally pleased with that.

Yakubu was massive as in fat? Or the only player that put in a performance?

You should sign Robinson when we go down. He's a good player.